//ArrowChat Code
Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: TRI-Z Q&A with driscoll

--
    I just read through the entire post for the first time. Very cool stuff.

So, now that TrikeFest is nearly here, are you (Brett & Mike) planning on making it out? It would really neat if you guys could make it. If not, maybe next year.

--
    Blog Entries
    Mike and Brett,

Since both of you raced desert, do you have any tips for keeping dust out of your goggles? Is there a certain brand that filters it out better than others maybe? I've always used Scott but when I hit a good dust cloud or a roost of sand, it feels like I'm not wearing any goggles at all.

Edit: I have another question. Did either of you notice any power loss when using the 200 watt stator/lighting kits?
    Last edited by Dammit!; 06-13-2007 at 04:34 PM.

--

Goggles

I used to "oil" the foam of my goggles for long or dusty races. I used baby oil lotion. Similar to how you oil up your air filter for your engine. Just be careful because the foam in the areas around the goggles has very little glue.

I was sponsored by Oakley back in my day, but goggle technology hasn't changed much.

As far as the hi-power lighting systems, I couldn't tell any difference really but then I never did any direct back to back testing either.

It seems logical that the lighting systems would have drawn some power. If there was any difference it was very minor.

Good luck and ride safely.

--
    i never oiled my foam, but i did spray my lenses with an anti static product.. i used roll-offs, they worked killer. i also used persima colored lenses. (orangish) doing all three things, made it alot better. with clear and smoke lenses, it seemed harder to see . almost like a white out feeling.
    speed kills

--
    we tangled at one of my first big races out of the valley. speedway 117. i was in around third place . u passed me in a huge sweeping turn. my front wheel hit your back tire. i hit the dirt so freekin hard the ground said ouch! haha . right then i realized what pro 3wheeler racing was all about. i remember tracey was giving me pionters and helping me out. do u remember how excited tracey would get? those were some fun days...
    speed kills

--

Brett,

Did we both crash at that race? I still don't recall. Oh well. I had a few get offs like everybody else. Have you seen or spoken to Tracy lately? Last I heard Tracy and his dad are working/building Nascar stuff and have moved back to North Carolina. Tracy and Stevie were both wrecks before any race!

I bet they are still that way today. Speaking of wrecks, I had a good source inform me that Stevie Wright crashed a brand new twin engine airplane up at Big Bear!! Did you hear about that? Same source said he was VERY LUCKY not have been killed and or kill his passengers.

Mike

--
    i talked to tracey about five years ago. i think he is doing a nascar deal. yeah, stevie did wreck a plane, i heard it was bad , but no one was hurt. he flys choppers now (safer, hahaha) he chases the coynes in there trophy trucks. and does stuff with NO FEAR. i talked to steve at the wave house in mission beach. he and his son were trying to master the wave machine.tracey and steve made racing fun. i miss those guys. coe ,, lets go MX riding at superstition. let me know..rod fowler comes down sometimes, he have a blast..
    speed kills

--
    Quote Originally Posted by driscoll333 View Post
    ok,, 3 or 4 team honda riders were sent out to do a photo shoot and try out the 250sx.. since the 250sx wasnt a race trike ,they werent too happy about it. they felt like factory honda was wasting there time and punishing them. so to keep from getting bored and to piss the big dogs off (at honda). they took turns abusing the trike. these guys were sub human riders, so if they wanted to thrash a bike , look out....well, at the end of the day it still ran. trashed and bent, but running. so they loaded in the truck and started heading home . and at 60 mph, they dropped the tail gate and gave it a push.. i guess it was quite a site.. crap flying everywhere!!!!. well, i guess the big dogs couldnt believe it when it was retuned. rumor has it ,they werent sent out on too many photo shoots after that.. honestly i dont think the big dogs cared much, because they usually destroyed honda owned machines after they were done with them.

LOL , I just read this... Thats great!! The SX's truly are bulletproof, especially if they have to be thrown out of a truck to finally take them down... You guys are awesome contributors to 3WW, THANKS!!!!!!
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    I see this thread is still going. I like your pic brett.
    You should try to get everyone from your past for a run "Cough" see whos still fast.
    The Green No More Red EVER EVER EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate
    1984 KXT 250 Tecate Parts machine
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate My vintage racer
    1983 KX 250
    Proud member of
    3wheelerworld.com
    3wheeler.org
    Planettrike.com
    Airfoolers.com
    http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...ad.php?t=80907

--
    Blog Entries
    Hey Brett how about a story about your worst day out on the track and still finished.

any tips or tricks you used wile racing the Z's?

keep us tri-z fanatics bood pumpin

--
    hey bryan, hows it going? the first thing that comes to mind, is when i had a bad flue bug. theres nothing as bad as that. i think it was the baja 500. i just tried to survive. im sure i wasnt setting any speed records, that day! just get the 3wler to the next rider(corda).then go straight to bed. then wake up to hear the results. i think we won,or maybe second?
    speed kills

--
    the wierdest tip i have. i just started trying a couple of years ago. if blisters are a poblem. try an antipersprant rub on, a few minutes before motos. it seems to work pretty good . plus my wife loves the way my hands smell when i get home. haha.
    speed kills

--
    Holy crap I never thought of that.Have you located a tri z yet? Id like to see an old school racer mount a "wild bore" rather then a mechanical one lol
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate
    1983 KX 250
    Proud member of
    3wheelerworld.com
    3wheeler.org
    Planettrike.com
    Airfoolers.com

--
    nope, no tri-z yet. but i have'nt done much looking. maybe something will pop up.
    speed kills

--
    Which trike was better built for rough areas? Mudd, rocks, stumps ect? Ever see the can am trike? the old one not the spyder. MMM spider
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate
    1983 KX 250
    Proud member of
    3wheelerworld.com
    3wheeler.org
    Planettrike.com
    Airfoolers.com

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //