//ArrowChat Code
Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast

Thread: TRI-Z Q&A with driscoll

--
    the first 2 years 81-82 ,I ran all different #'s ... the race promoters issued #'s at the track. and when we raced desert SCORE they also issued #s... So if u are looking through old magazines its kinda random... but when the race promoters let us run what we wanted, the top 20 pro's had there favorite numbers and no body ever stepped on toes... everyone new coming into the sport knew 1,21,22,31,33,34,41 etc... they were taken... Also when doing photo shoots, we all ran our numbers unless we were doing a test on a new 3wler... and the magazine wanted to keep it stock.... I ran 333 more in the later days of my career..I just liked the way it looked and something different.... Brett
    speed kills

--
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo(64).jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	249.0 KB 
ID:	145561Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo(65).jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	247.2 KB 
ID:	145562I've started on my tri-z... I gotta long way to go... Brett
    speed kills

--
    Off to a good start brett, lmk if you need anymore parts! Will also get that throttle off to ya..

--
    Quote Originally Posted by driscoll333 View Post
    I've started on my tri-z... I gotta long way to go... Brett
    Brett, I'm glad to see you've got a Tri-Z to build, and it looks like a decent start. Keep us posted on your progress, and above all, have fun with it. This ought to bring back some good memories from days gone by. Enjoy!
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--
    Quote Originally Posted by driscoll333 View Post

Name:	photo(64).jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	249.0 KB 
ID:	145561Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo(65).jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	247.2 KB 
ID:	145562I've started on my tri-z... I gotta long way to go... Brett
    Brett, looking good. Keep posting pics as you progress. I want to hear about it when you go for that first ride at full power.
    Randy
    No Need for Brakes, When in Doubt, GAS IT!

denn is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I know that I am a bit late with this post but I have a JP racing top mount fuel tank as well. I must say that it is the cleanest style I have seen. The lines blend so nice. If you powdercoated it glossy black and threw some white yamaha stickers on it you would think it was the air box cover. I would be willing to let someone have a crack at reproducing it. It holds a hair more than a gallon of gas. I was thinking of trying to find a way to add to the bottom of it. There is a bunch of room under the tank when it is mounted. you may be able to get in another gallon or so. The only thing that sucks about a top mount tank is getting rid of the air box. Not that the air box is so great but clamp on filters are really only good for the track and light trail. I like to have my filter in a box. I read in the wrench report and in a few magazines that PLASTIC WERKS used to make an airbox that goes under the seat. This was used when using the top mount tank. It is still open but offers a bit more protection for the filter. Maybe someone here can reproduce one of those as well.

--
    The top mount tanks are hard to find... I've been looking for 6 months with not much luck... I cant remember how the JP looked , but Im sure its clean.Do u have a PIC?.. Let me know if U ever want to sell it....thanks Brett
    speed kills

--
    They look like this...

TRIKE INTERESTS
    A1/A2 TECATE's

BIKE INTERESTS
    ATK, Husqvarna, Maico, Harley Davidson & Yamaha Twins

PLEASE KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THE FOLLOWING STOLEN 3/30/2012

1999 ATK 260LQ ENG# 425681 Red/White/Blue VIN# 4MAV1CC43XA009376 (Its the last one missing out of four the first three were destroyed)

My Feedback

--
    nice tank...hard to find... I want one.. u guys let me know if anyone finds one for sale...
    speed kills

HaggLE is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Hi
    My father used to race flat track in the 80's in Australia. He rode on a tri-z and was Australian champion a few times and then progressed to Quads and was Australian champ on a Quad a few times.
    I have some vids of the racing and a few quick closeups of it in these racing videos. He is #11 with red riding leathers and white helmet.

--
    Love the sounds of the race, but the video hurts my eyes.

HaggLE is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Yeah I know, it's on VHS cassette and the player is old and that's the best I could do with it. I plan to redo it when I get a chance.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by HaggLE View Post
    Yeah I know, it's on VHS cassette and the player is old and that's the best I could do with it. I plan to redo it when I get a chance.
    Ahh, that explains it. At first I thought it was camera flashes going off, but some of the flashes lasted way too long. If only digital cameras & recorders were around back then. If you manage to get it cleaned up, please let us know. We'd love to see it.

--

Name:	photo(25).jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	248.1 KB 
ID:	147618
    Here's the cleanest Husqvarna picture I could find.
    I was invited to race in australia... never went. I was told
    there was some fast guys over there...
    speed kills

--
    Working on the husky...
    Bob Dickson (hunched over)
    Brett Driscoll (wrenching)
    Mike Driscoll
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo(24).jpg  
    speed kills

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //