//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: TRI-Z Q&A with driscoll

--
    Blog Entries
    Hey Brett: Happy New Year From 3WW!

--
    bryan, you kinda answered the history question ,but check out 3wheeling magazine .. the issue with cheese burger in paradise. if my memory is correct that issue came out prior to the issues you posted. the bike shown in that issue was a yellow 85 that was switched into the new colors. all the switching was done at facory yamaha holland. my long rod was flown in just for that race. made the crate myself. hopefully dean kirsten will be able to add to this story. he was the master mind to this switch.

--
    billy, the other axle co. was max trax. max trax ended up being my sponsor not durablue..... tires? we ran the stock ones for desert. for all speedway it was hoosiers ( custom cut at the track) .. i think 2 lbs. on the left and 4lbs. on the right. for most short course i think it was carlisel(sp?). i wanted to run ohtsuo's but never could get the ones team honda had.

--
    tacate,, im not sure what trikefest is. could you re-post ? im not sure what you were saying.. thanks,, brett

--
    Blog Entries
    ha cool stuff for shure! If some one has the march issue post it up for us!

brett trikefest is our annual get together every year in laura IN...Biggest trike gathering in the US!!!

heres the flyer from last year!
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/TF06Brochure.pdf

heres some picks of last year!
    http://www.motolenzphotos.com/photos...ss/page_01.htm
    http://www.motolenzphotos.com/photos...ll/page_01.htm
    http://www.motolenzphotos.com/photos...ls/page_01.htm
    Last edited by Bryan Raffa; 01-02-2007 at 06:51 PM.

--
    What were your thoughts when the tecate was unvailed in 83? Were you considering riging green befor team yellow came along? Tell us how this came to be?
    The Green No More Red EVER EVER EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate
    1984 KXT 250 Tecate Parts machine
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate My vintage racer
    1983 KX 250
    Proud member of
    3wheelerworld.com
    3wheeler.org
    Planettrike.com
    Airfoolers.com
    http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...ad.php?t=80907

--
    i was interested in the tacate, but it was a new machine that wasnt proven yet. at that time i didnt have yamaha giving me bikes and support. , so if KAW would have offered me a ride , im sure i would have jumped at it. the KAW did prove itself to have superior suspension, and great handling. but you had to watch for loose bolts and stuff like that.

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Brett what was the grand daddy of all racing events during the hay day of trike racing?

--
    i was more into desert racing ... so i would say parker 400. if you won that race, you would be the guy to watch the rest of the season. you had to be very fast and in very good shape to stand on the podium. all the baja races were very important too, but there were sections of smooth dirt roads where you could rest. if you can imagine resting at 90 mph. everyone else may think the 1000 was the grand daddy and i would probably have to agree on a popularity stand piont. but logistics played a big part on those victorys.

--
    as far as short course goes, i think mickey thompson grand prix. i never won a MTGP, but really would have been cool . huge spectator turn outs, big pay-day, and lots of media . i think the best i ever did at that race was 4th. riding a husqavarna protoype. tracy dickson and his "pops" were the back bone of the husky team.

--
    Driscoll - what are the chances of you coming to Trikefest this June? Nothing could be better than a bunch of you actual old school racers coming to our annual event. Think of it as a vacation - LOL. It would be an honor for the whole 3wheeler community, and I'll bet it would be a blast from the past for you. Also - I just wonder what it would take for some members here to loan out some race bikes and have you factory guys go at it on the MX track.........

Welcome to the boards - we love talking to you guys!
    RIP - Yamahondaman!! You will never be forgotten!
    RIP - Sam Brehm!! Gone but NEVER forgotten!
    RIP - Sandpuppi101 - You will live on in my mind - I miss you friend!

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Hey, did you guys ever have any Team Yamaha jersey's and pants like the Honda guys did? I've been searching for years for stuff like that and have never seen a single one...

--
    trikefest sounds awsome, i will look into the dates .. the day i signed with yamaha, the sponsorship door flew open. kieth mccarty made a few calls that day. the first call was to JT racing. i drove to JT and was handed three huge boxes of goodies. from that day on i rode for JT. i think honda provide hondaline clothes to the team. most factory yamaha riders( MX too), wore JT, unless the had a contract with someone else.

--
    i remember the honda guys complaining about honda forcing them to wear hondaline. it was a political move by honda that didnt sit to well with there riders.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by driscoll333
    bryan, you kinda answered the history question ,but check out 3wheeling magazine .. the issue with cheese burger in paradise. if my memory is correct that issue came out prior to the issues you posted. the bike shown in that issue was a yellow 85 that was switched into the new colors. all the switching was done at facory yamaha holland. my long rod was flown in just for that race. made the crate myself. hopefully dean kirsten will be able to add to this story. he was the master mind to this switch.
    I remember reading about the plastic switch...it may have been in Deans thread
    Wikipedia "All Terrain Vehicle" Definition excerpt
    Other smaller or lesser known companies, such as Tiger ATV, Franks, and Cagiva, produced racing three wheelers, but in much smaller numbers. Few of these machines are known to exist today and are highly sought by collectors.

Check out my Tiger 3 wheeler Webpage..my quest for a TIGER MUSEUM started 2004 http://sites.google.com/site/tigerrotax/home

Rides: TIGER Factory line up, Tricky Dicks Cagiva 200, 4- Franks 3 and 4 Wheelers

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //