//ArrowChat Code
Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: TRI-Z Q&A with driscoll

--
    Quote Originally Posted by driscoll333
    trikefest sounds awsome,the day i signed with yamaha, the sponsorship door flew open. kieth mccarty made a few calls that day. the first call was to JT racing. i drove to JT and was handed three huge boxes of goodies. from that day on i rode for JT. i think honda provide hondaline clothes to the team. most factory yamaha riders( MX too), wore JT, unless the had a contract with someone else.
    LOL, that's funny because since almost all the riders out here in the Midwest weren't on Honda's payroll, Honda wanted them to wear the Hondaline jersey's too. JT was the main choice because they treated us like one of their own even though we weren't on their payroll either, but did get a little bonus for being on the podium with their gear on. Plus like you said, the boxes of goodies we saw every month kept everyone on board and happy. We were cheap, give up a shirt and we were happy

--
    Hello Brett!

I'm sure you already feel welcomed, but I wanted to add mine to the list.

From all of us that stayed buried in magazines of the time(even during class), all of us who plastered our walls with posters of Factory racers(and filled our closets with pipes/silencers on hangers), all of us ever dreamed of sponsorships while on our little local tracks, ......from all of us who ever blazed down a fire road or a trail with the throttle pegged to the point of liftoff imagining we were at Baja or Parker:

Welcome!

Hope you feel at home.

--
    Couldnt have said it better dixie.
    The Green No More Red EVER EVER EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate
    1984 KXT 250 Tecate Parts machine
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate My vintage racer
    1983 KX 250
    Proud member of
    3wheelerworld.com
    3wheeler.org
    Planettrike.com
    Airfoolers.com
    http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...ad.php?t=80907

--
    dixie, all of us must come from the same mold. i remember doing the same thing, but some of us got lucky and took it to the next level.

--
    X TRUMP, thats how the good companys did it. they made everyone feel like they were part of the team. and loyalty runs deep in the racing family. at least in my eyes.

--
    That's why most of use wore JT. But also the big picture was if somebody made it out on the national level, JT had a step on everybody on signing them to a contract. They tossed out a lot of money, but got it back big time when someone local made it out and inked with them. Then all the kids in the area ran out to the local shop and bought all JT stuff

--
    Were there ever any hill climb events like motorcross?
    Are you a twist or thumb kinda guy?
    The Green No More Red EVER EVER EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate
    1984 KXT 250 Tecate Parts machine
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate My vintage racer
    1983 KX 250
    Proud member of
    3wheelerworld.com
    3wheeler.org
    Planettrike.com
    Airfoolers.com
    http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...ad.php?t=80907

--
    im glad you joined what was overall the best trike youve riden? do you have any old videos of a race or anything?

--
    tacate,,no competition hill climbing. i dont remember if anyone ever invited the 3wheelers to one. i did practice at a place called "the dip". its located in the so cal dez. with in 20 miles of ocotillo wells. you might have seen some videos of ocotilo wells. the dip has very simular terrain. well there's some crazy cliff climbing , cliff jumping and hill climbing there. and i love that kind of riding. now days on MX and rynos.

--
    xtrump, the last i heard marty trypes was all into paint ball. he gravitated the company that way. i dont see much JT anymore.do you?

--
    3w4life, towards the end of my 3w days, i had my tri-z dialed in. I would say the tri-z (except the front forks). i liked the way the tri-z handled and loved the power.

--
    Nope, they slowly dropped out of cycles, and are doing very little for BMX now days. Have to hand it to him, he was ahead of the game in both of them, then before paintball took off, he got in there before eveyone else. I know they were doing some big money gigs with the corporations a few years ago with the workshops... when the fad was corporations would take their workers on those team building workshop seminars that included paintball.

--
    NOTHIN BUT TWIST THROTTLE. i dont remember one pro riding with a thumb. especially on long desert races.

--
    money seems to get the best all of them.

--
    Yes it does. So much that they sold off to K2 a few years ago. Anyway, find that jersey yet?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //