//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: phazer Drive bearings

dooner17 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Alright well that makes sense.. The chaincase may have been low on oil. Hard to tell becsuse it may have all leaked out through the broken bearing.
    200s
    KLT160

--
    i am from newfoundland and last winter i had a bit more trouble happen to me... my chaincase bearings were bad 2 and when the track popped off she hook in the back tensioners and there was that much strain she busted the axle out on one side and blew the chaincase in bits, sold the sled after.. had alot of trouble wit the chaincase on that .. hope you have better luck then me

dooner17 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Ok. CHaincase bearing was replaced. Now the clutch sifde bearing has gone. Guess I should have listened to you guys and repalced it. I have it all apart. The shaft has worn a hole in the frame so that its not where it should be. I cant seem to pull the shaft back into place. I cant see anywhere that I can loosen the track or do I have to drop the suspension from the tunnel... Thanks
    200s
    KLT160

nate b is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Told Ya So
    85 atc 250r;
    PSI porting & head mods
    fmf pipe & silencer
    boysen rad valve & reeds
    38mm air stryker

--
    You did. Lucky enough my local yamaha dealer had one in stock. still need to know if theres any way of loosening the track or am i going to have to drop the suspension?
    200s
    KLT160

nate b is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    dont need to pull the skid, you wouldnt be able to with out loosening the track anyways, you need to loosen the nut on the rear idler wheels and then if you look in the track windows from the back you will see 2 nuts or bolts, loosen them, should have a loose track then, tighten track the same way, make sure you set the proper tension on the track, when this bearing failed you may have destroyed your other new bearing as well and possibly cracked the chaincase, and bent the drive shaft. when you tighten your track back up you need to make sure its running straight also.
    85 atc 250r;
    PSI porting & head mods
    fmf pipe & silencer
    boysen rad valve & reeds
    38mm air stryker

--
    ok thanks. Going at it tonight until its done. The problem is the broken bearing case on the shaft. Seems impossible to get off. Any ideas. Maybe just grind it in half and pry it off. Chaincase doesnt appear to be leaking oil and I never drove it for very long so hopefully everythings alright that way.
    200s
    KLT160

--
    ok its all done. grinded bearing case off, loosened track, reinstalled everything. The chain case was leaking oil until I got the shaft straightened out. Its working perfect just hope theres not a puddle of oil under it in the morning.
    200s
    KLT160

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //