//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2003 Yamaha TRI-Z450?? sound fun?

--

2003 Yamaha TRI-Z450?? sound fun?

Hello, letting you all know and put input on my latest creation.
    Have a 2003 Yamaha WR450 Enduro Dirtbike, same as YZ but electric Start /backup kick, and lights, I live in Missouri were the bike is also been setup streetlegal, I'm currently in process of converting to a trike, somewaht like Speedbumps conversion the CR250R to trike, mine is gonna be more for motocross, but with change of tires also street legal.
    Currently the bike is tore down to frame with engine in it.
    Tommarow going to the machine shop to get started on tripple clamps, and have been working on some ideas for rearend, at this time may use stock 06 YFZ 450 swingarm and just modify a little, the front section is only 1 in wider on the quad than my bike, or we may make all new chromoly one, which will actually use 450R rear bearing carrier and end, because have +4 RPM 450R axle just laying around, going to eithe rmodify stock subframe or build all new, at this time looks like goona use yfz 450 rear fenders and seat, the bike is blue, but once completed going to tear back down after testing, and make it have white plastic , with candy apple red , same as that color version of the yfz, also this will match my 2 other white/red yfz's.

This is all for now input , is appreciated, i have dial up internet, so pics will be limited until further along.
    *****For pics of me jumping my old 250R 3 wheeler that i used to have, they are posted under a friends thread, username *speedbump* titled helping out a new member, there pretty wild, also a pic of my wr before the teardown.

--
    This sounds like a well thought out project with a great understanding of how to pull it off cleanly. Are your plans to use usd forks? YZ80? Top mount tank or tri-z vacuum pump? Make sure to post pics of this project at different stages of progress. This sounds like it will be more to pi@@ off the cops and then be like, hey its legal. I love it, and it will be brutally fast for sure and turn lots of heads. I don't think a project has been done to this extent yet. Street legal at least. Good luck

--
    I have talked with our Missouri Hwy Patrol Inspections office about the project he advised will be completey legal, same as i have it now, just make sure and have DOT tires, and in Missouri to make dirtbike street legal minumum requirements are Headlight with high low beam, and indicator light for high beam, rear light, but does not have to function as brake light, horn, DOT tires, you do not have to have mirrors, or turn signals, brake light, on the trike he said would have to have 2 rear lights but could mount them next to each other. This is definataley a way to have streetlegal , more modern trike, that cops will hate, but cant do anything, i do love that,
    Went into more detail with them at HWY patrol also, Missouri u cant make ATV's roadlegal no matter what, but then I brought up well what about orginAL 3 wheelers. he said never been asked since, not as common as ATVs now, but looked in all the manuels advised that if had a title, and did same requirement i listed above, you could street legal, any 3 wheeler 250r? 350X, tri-z bigred, what ever u want, as long as have title or just bought it from state that does not require titles, like Oklahoma or Illinois and get a Notorized BILL of Sale
    reason didnt do this is to get ahold of a good shape 350X, was more than I want to pay for older machine, so thats why im converting.

On the Bike, it will remain above motor gas tankl, orginal bike tank to be exact.

Does any one have any ideas for DOT tire 23-25 in tall for 11in rim??
    On the front end i have 85 250R front hub and rim i will use.

--
    3wheelers on the streets with other cars just doesn't seem like a good idea to me but good luck to ya...
    1986 ATC 250R
    Ported w/ Cool head
    LED pipe and silencer.
    Boyesen Rad Valve
    Keihin PWK 38mm
    Works Ultra Cross Shock
    LSR +2 Axle
    American Star Racing +4 Swinger
    LED Intake
    Hi-Flite desert seat
    OEM clutch 89 upgrade
    2021 YFZ450Rse Rossier R5 Titanium Header AIS Delete FCI Vortex ECU

--
    Blog Entries

--
    Hope your conversion works out and you get it street legal. Where abouts in MO are you.

--
    Sounds like your working on a similar project as me. I'm using a Tri-Z frame and building off of that.

For a tip on those street legal tires, you can run a stock Z 12" front wheel with a Mini Cooper tire. For the rear they make tons of utility trailor tires to choose from that are DOT approved.
    Last edited by Derrick Adams; 03-18-2007 at 09:05 AM.
    2007 YAMAHA YTZ450 went to a great home RIP Sam

--
    23" 25" rear tires? id run some alot smaller, think of the grip you will generate on the asphalt. Id run 18's

--
    Yes the rear tires will be 18in or 20in, the front tire will be between 23 and 25in
    The transmission on the My WR450 is a 5spd not 4spd,
    Went to machine shop tonight we finished drawing up tripples on the computer program, should have tripples by the weekend.
    I', in Linn, MO
    Also my town is small so out on street wont be bad, traffic is light, doubgt will go far from town, its goona be more for offroad riding but like the benefit of being able to go legally on the hwy.

--

1 pic, just mocked up with some parts

Well tonight picked up the tripple clamps, thbey are far from being complete, but just wanted to mock up some parts to get an idea of the look the rear seat height will be alot lower than picture and use yfz fender and seat. also swingarm still comes in about 2inches, this is not the swingarm going on it but one to give an idea. I have slow internet so not going to upload a whole lot of pics.

--
    Thats just too cool! Lookin good man!
    YTM-200, Wheeling machine!!!

1985 Honda 200x...

...Just a simple mild 200x

--
    Just couple more pics, trying to find some pics of me jumping my 85 ATC250R that i used to have, hope i can upload those at later time

--
    another pic, couldnt see the others so just incase there not showing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Three wheeler conversion 006.jpg  

--
    More pics cause think my first ones are not working sorry if they are, on my computer cant see them ,and im new to having a thread
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Three wheeler conversion 005.jpg   Three wheeler conversion 008.jpg  

--
    That thing is SICK!!!
    Rest in peace Rex Carlson

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //