//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: ATC 600X ... '87 XR 600 Conversion Project

--
    Looks tight Mint,I wish this tranformation goes as good .On a positive note I modded the tank on tonite and it's gonna look killer.Checked it tonite via a tri-Z frt end and things look good.
    www.muddogs.org - My New Website

MDR Racing

Trikefest '06 '07 '08 '09 Survivor !!!!
    LONG LIVE SANCHEZ RACING

--
    Quote Originally Posted by mymint87
    here's "My Mutt"......

1980 xr500 frame conversion

it has 250R, 200x, 350x, and 110 parts with a twist....LOL....AND HAULS ARSE
    wow...nice conversion...usually the bike to trike conversions dont seem to sit right but that just looks like a streched out 350x. even sits about right....
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."-Ernest Hemmingway

--
    MyMint's Mutt is is a Nicholson framed 500 isn't it? Correct me if I'm wrong man. Like it all the same, looks tuff!
    My Feedback 85 TECATE 500 08 Honda 450R

--
    well, thats the reason I posted it, seems sandpuppi101 was about to mess with the rake and I wanted to show him it's not necessary....

so before I get for highjacking or for being a let me say I can't wait til sandpuppi101 gets the project done and gives us all a ride report...XR600? conversion??...mines a 500 and hooks up, can't imagine what sandpuppi101's 600 will do.....we are talking THUMPER !!!!!

BTW this isn't a pic of "The Nick"....which is a chromed Nicholson framed +600cc and TURBO'D

sandpuppi101,

I'm not a fabricator by any means, but I have alot of pics of "The Mutts" frame if you'd like some for ideas or reference...don't know if you need it or if it will help, but I'll offer it anyways and congrats on the project, after riding it you'll never go back to a 350X...it's like having a 200x, then riding a 350x and expecting to go back to the 200x...hard to do my friend
    Last edited by mymint87; 03-09-2007 at 05:51 PM. Reason: little double negative..need english class
    Gordons Well...#1 in this World, Home of "The Nick", "The Mutt", "The Husq" and "the Alky"

--
    Yeah going Back,LOL !! I see exactly what your saying about the rake," Mint. I really don't wanna go hacking on the frame just for that rake,and I appreciate you send me that pic of you machine. I will let you know if I need pic's of anything. It goes out Sunday now,and I'll have to see how it work's out with some other tree's.. Thanks for the confidence boost,I can't wait..

MDR Racing

LONG LIVE SANCHEZ RACING

--
    Just lower your rear subframe down so the seat sits flat and not kicked up at the end. (trying to clear that rear tyre that isnt there any more). Apparently with the seat foam off the seat pan you can heat it with a heat gun to mold it to the new angle. Hopefully It will look like a factory job. Good luck

Post up some more pictures when you can.

Cheers
    My toys 85 KXT250A2, 85 ATC250R, 85 Tri-z 250, 06 LT-R450, 04 YFZ450S, 07 125 typhoon x 3, 06 FPV GT.

--

Update on the ATC 600X

Well the swinger is in it's final stages of being done.Ended up bringing it back 5 inches which gave me almost 22 on the total length.The next issue is the bottom wishbone mount,which is gonna be relatively easy .On the swinger we went with cutting off the whole tube and starting over,and just putting in new tube instead of cutting and splicing pieces.Another thing that I am gonna do is box the rear swinger,to prevent any twisting,and a few more odd's and end's on it.The extenstion did change the rake to what I would say is acceptable,The pic's is before I came up with the actual bottom cradle height.The pic show's it at 8 3/4 off the floor ,but when all is said and done the bottom of the cradle will be at 11 and some change.I am taking into effect the load of the motor on the machine,It will be pretty close ( with-in an inch),to the stock 350x height. The stock 600 subframe is off and the 350X subframe is gonna be a little tricky to get on but not to bad,all the 350X stock plastic is gonna fit easily.The tank will be the begining of that tabockle,I am gonna start from the front ,lining up the tank as close to the dip stick as possible and blend the whole frame together from there,The motor should be in it here in a week or so ,so I can dry fit everything and get my placement for the pegs and brake assembly and linkage.Still got a long way to go but it will be done for TF'07 ,unless something drastic should happen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_2316.JPG   100_2318.JPG  

MDR Racing

LONG LIVE SANCHEZ RACING

hoser is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by mymint87
    here's "My Mutt"......

1980 xr500 frame conversion

it has 250R, 200x, 350x, and 110 parts with a twist....LOL....AND HAULS ARSE

Looks like its going to need a chain pretty soon...

Good to see someone that recycles

--
    thats going to be a BEAST. I have a 86 600R and it's such a hooligan bike. the power is great. only thing that sucks is kicking it over.

good idea with the frame swap, I always like the oil in frame idea, less crap to bolt on.

note on the engine, make sure the threads for the head are in good shape, I went through hell getting mine right, one got messed up and it kept blowing the head gasket, eventually I had all the threads replaced with steel inerts.

my only question is, is the kicker going to clear?
    F.U.2 RACING

Atc90, bandito frame
    Atc185 x2
    82 250 (300 kit)
    83 250R
    200ES Big red
    Atc200X (with lifan motor)

--
    Looking good Roger ,almost beer'o'clock at Haspin mate..is Joe coming to stop the stress levels this year ?

Aussie
    Keeping 3 Wheelers Alive Downunder !

--
    The kicker is gonna be really close with the fenders ,But if I have to cut a bit off the bottom to clear then I will have to cut 'em I guess.I know it will fit in the frame ,no problem.And Yeah Aussie,Joe is gonna be at TF too,he need's to get on his 350X if he's gonna take that..I hope this 600 beat's his Banshee into the ground,LOL... That will be worth building it rite there!

MDR Racing

LONG LIVE SANCHEZ RACING

--
    Man i cant wait we had a blast last time , will be wearing my Muddogs hoodie to keep me warm while we are drinking all night !
    Keeping 3 Wheelers Alive Downunder !

--
    Sandpuppi101, It's lookin good so far. Keep up the good work, can't wait to see It done.

83 ATC 60-R Cr60 converted with Zinger parts.
    83 ATC 70.
    83 Tri zinger
    ATC 85-R Cr85 engine on shortened 86-R frame.
    ATC450AF
    86 310-R Drag racer
    440 snowmobile powered custom built.
    87 Cr 500 Converted to Drag racer

--
    Thanks Jason,between me getting info from you ,Billy and Dereck I think it's gonna actually work out to be a nice conversion.Yeah Aussie I'm deffinatly looking forward to TF again this year. I am really excited to see everyone's custom/conversions..

MDR Racing

LONG LIVE SANCHEZ RACING

--

Good News,Yahoo!!!

Well the frame is going really good,actually go sent out for sandblasting Tuesday,but the good news is I found a head for her.I have been looking all over the country for one in good shape and low and behold the other nite while crusing E-Bay I find one local.So I Bid to win and went and picked it up yesterday,Bolt on", gotta love it. I just threw the head on to make sure all was good,I think all I need now is the gasket kit and I'm ready for assembly.You guy's think I should do the polished motor like my '86 350X on her???Could use some carb's for her if anybody's got any laying around ,but I should have her done in 4-5 weeks ,Hopefully...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_2324.JPG  

MDR Racing

LONG LIVE SANCHEZ RACING

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //