//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: ATC 600X ... '87 XR 600 Conversion Project

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jeddy View Post
    The only problem(s) with the way I did it were that the welds can potentially break, the sprocket was slightly tacoed from the welding head (though not bad), and to change the sprocket I have to remove the entire axle.
    -Jed
    You can always change it later... The bike looks good... I really dig the heated seat...
    2-stroke lover

--
    Thanx for the pic's Jeddy,I can see that we went in a whole different direction on the bike design..I like your design also,and it's proven.The biggest rear sprocket I could find was a 40tooth rear,checking on a cross reference ,but that is a long shot..I like the design of how you did the rearsprocket,my issue is time..I don't have enough of it,I will try some other angles of gearing ,but I think I will be having it modded after TF..I only have 14 days to finish it,gonna be close.Does that motor get hot on ya ,and is that an xl 100mm or a xr 97 mm Bore .It looks xr.
    www.muddogs.org - My New Website

MDR Racing

Trikefest '06 '07 '08 '09 Survivor !!!!
    LONG LIVE SANCHEZ RACING

--
    Well a breakthrew ,The Frickin motor is done !!! Cutting it close but I know it will be good to go,Like Derrick ,I think I will keep everyone is suspense until TF on the finished product but it's gonna be sweeeeeet if all goes well.. Frame is 100% and motor goes in tomorrow,Wish me luck !!

MDR Racing

LONG LIVE SANCHEZ RACING

--
    good luck man. that might give dales e.t. a run . post some pics after tf i cant make it to tf sadly.
    down to parts because i no longer have a place to ride trikes.

GIT IT RAAAGGGGG !!!!

--
    Cool build. I recently picked up a Xr600r and have been putting alot of miles on it...Great bike which I am growing more and more fond of daily. Would make for a GREAT trike motor.

Sadly they feel quite tame compared to the new high zoot 450 classes, but theres nothing like a big Xr600 to torque around on the trails with.

--
    Can you say wheelie machine. There are endless upgrades for the XR motor as well and tons of ebay support.

--
    Well I have too give a report,I am running a 13/41 gearing and it's fun but I think the 450's are gonna have ther hand's full .. and the machine looks sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MDR Racing

LONG LIVE SANCHEZ RACING

--
    Yeah, I have a CRF450 and it just pulls a lot harder than my 600. But it's a bike also, so that makes a big difference. The 600X is fun to just lay on the throttle and look behind you as a wall of sand erupts from the dunes. It's also nice to be able to ride wheelies anywhere you want; up dunes, across dunes, down dunes, it doesn't matter. But I'd like to sell mine and build a 500r trike just to get the snap of the two stroke, which is why I listed it for sale.

To answer your questions sandpuppi, it's an XR engine. I think it's bored to a 98.0, I know I didn't get quite a big enough piston to clean out all the scratches (I was quite pissed but couldn't return it and wasn't going to spend the money on another one), so it smokes a little. The motor does get warm, but it doesn't seem to mind. My right leg gets warm from the pipe, but I imagine if I wrapped the header it would help. If you sit too far back on the seat you get some good heat off the silencer also. I would like to put an oil cooler on it. They have some kits for an XR400 that are supposed to work, but they look pretty small. I was thinking more along the lines of a 400ex cooler under the headlights. Also, what you said about time and your sprocket, mine was the same way. I was actually going to machine out an adapter that would bolt together, but I didn't have enough time (it would've required a 7" OD blank, which even on a CNC takes a while to turn down, plus it would've required a lot of live tooling on the lathe).

Let me know how it goes,
    -Jed

--
    Time to unveil this beast, some pics man!!

--

1987 Hinda ATC 600X ,complete custom

Well as promised I got her altogether just in the nick of time before trikefest and I want to once again thank Billy and Jason Hall for giving me pointers along the way.I went for a more conventional look on the machine,the frt rake was 3degrees off when all was said and done,really the only pic's I have so far are from TF,but I see them scattered on the pic's from down there.The machine had a 2 1/2 inch stretch on the rear ,so with the rake and the stretch,it actually was a comfortable ride .The power was unbelievable and I still wanna work on the gearing,not much but just a little.I will post up some more detailed pic's of the build ,but kinda look's like a 350X on roid's if ya ask me..And yeah,it's pretty fast.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_2657.JPG   100_2731.JPG   100_2747.JPG   100_2748.JPG   100_2663.JPG   100_2664.JPG  

MDR Racing

LONG LIVE SANCHEZ RACING

viper is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    ya that is a strong running bike
    350 stock cyl drag banshee
    85 yamaha tri-z stretched and powered by a SPROCK RACING big bore on alky baby ..yes its fast and no you cant ride it ...lol
    86 atc 250r
    86 350x

????? who knows what else ?????
    and if you want to take donations i will stay home !!!!

--
    cool, i like the color combo, white fenders with a blue seat with the 87 tank stickers, looks good. get better pics please.
    My Rides
    1983 ATC200 - U-Haul edition - great mudder - SOLD
    1984 ATC200X - sucked a valve - frame up resto & engine rebuild with performance parts in the works
    1987 Suzuki DR200
    199? Go-ped Sport

--
    Change out that muffler and you'll see that bike pull a lot harder!

--
    Pull alot harder BigBore ?? Nah,that machine pulls real hard .I did take out the rear baffle down at TF for the drag's and I was'nt dissapointed one bit.Literaly in 4th gear wide open the wheel was floating off the ground,that thing is a monster.And the way the machine was balanced out ,I would'nt have done anything different.When the 2nd carb kicked in it was an insane ride.When it ran against big bore 2 strokers,all I could do was smile,it did'nt alway's win ,but it was right there everytime.Maybe someone has video of this machine in action.Take a look at the pic against a tiger 500 in the drags,you can see it pull's pretty hard.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_2755.JPG  

MDR Racing

LONG LIVE SANCHEZ RACING

--

ATC 600X is all finished ? Next!!!

I recieved the last of the item's this past week and finished off the 600X ,and the final touch was my new custom '85 style 600X seat from the Mosh's.When I put the seat on and took a step back at the machine to check it out ,it hit me as to how many piece's we're on this machine that came from people in the 3 wheeled community alone,over 15,people I have got to know better along the way and people who love what they individually do.Hat's off to you and ,Thank's for that.
    I finished off the build with a little more headwork on the exhaust port and put on some OEM 350X boot's on the fork's and finally the seat.Would you guy's have done it differentally?Would I have done it differentaly",yeah probably,but I can honestly say that I am satisfied with the machine as is,and it's done and time to move on.Just gotta build a better one for next year !!Can't wait to icerace!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_4636.JPG   100_4633.JPG   100_4634.JPG   100_4639.JPG   100_4638.JPG   100_4637.JPG  

MDR Racing

LONG LIVE SANCHEZ RACING

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //