//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Bore Tri-z ...Built with supporting member products

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --

Big Bore Tri-z ...Built with supporting member products

Well,I have been working on this machine forever it feels like.The front wheel was gold.We stripped the anodizing and polished it out.

The frame has been powdercoated metallic silver.

I have been thru about 4 pounds of Mothers polish.This is a 85 frame with 86 forks on it.Every part on it has been refurbished or replaced.My new front fender will be here today.

Last nite I decked the piston and the top end will be installed today.I have acustom 40 mill pwk ported carb going on it.I also have made, during this project, new custom front and rear brake rotors .

The rear rotor requires you to shim the caliper bracket over, 3/8 of an inch but should work out well.I was told last nite,That I have 5 custom cut blade rotors on the way for me.I will have some for sale shortly if fitment works out well.My seat is in the works and will have tons going on with it.Some of these parts will not be on this bike for the final build,as they were just being used for mock-up purposes.I must say The Sprock Big bore kit has me foaming at the mouth to ride this beast and so far has been a direct bolt on as well as the coolhead.
    The plus 4 Yamahondaman Swinger looks nasty on it.

Keep in mind this bike was not built specific for one purpose,but to ride in all types of of styles.Drag,Mx,Hillclimbing and Trail riding.I am hoping have it done next week.
    Last edited by Mosh; 07-30-2010 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Reposted pics.
    Here is where my long useless list of stuff nobody cares about should go...

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    Thats going to be one nice trike. What type of exhaust are you going to use?
    Current Bike:
    1985 Honda 350X

Bikes owned:
    1984 Honda 200X
    1982 Honda 250R
    1985 Honda 350X x3
    1985 Honda 250R x2
    1985 Honda 500X

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    For now a dg system.But for trikefest if, I run the drags I might be using a FTZ outframe drag pipe.I am also looking into having a Bills pipe hand made from the ground up if it is going to be posssible for my final in frame pipe.

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    Looking good! Are the silver front rims that hard to find for these things? The reason I ask is I have a gold front but two silver rear rims... and I dont know which direction to go with it?

--
    Yeah.Chris The silver front wheels are out there,but they seem to bring a lot of money.This took a 4 dollar can of Easy-off oven cleaner,Brillo pads some sanding with 600-800 grit,and a buffing wheel with some jewelers rouge and 4 hours of work to get to the finish you see on it now.These are the in progress pics of the wheel.The second pic is before the sanding and polishing was done.
    Last edited by Mosh; 03-08-2007 at 09:42 AM.

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    Looks great! Cant wait till you fire up the beast.

--
    Blog Entries
    Sweet rob I was talkin in chat last night what mine was gonna look like.. I think ya beat me too it, hahahahah. L@@k's great.. My plastic is gonna go to Syko tho for the most Bad a** paint job ever seen on a trike!! and dynoport is gonna build the pipe

--
    Douglas makes a 10 inch polished rim. All you have to do is switch the Tri-Z over to the Honda 250R hub. Think its almost a bolt on deal.
    My Feedback 85 TECATE 500 08 Honda 450R

--
    very, very nice, i bet that pipe it going to cost alot of$$
    1985 With "86" Plastic's,Custom 12" Alluminum Extended Swing Arm,39MM PWK,"TRX" Filter,9 Paddle TALLER HALLER'S on 11" Wide Rim's,LOT'S of Stainless,LOT'S of Alluminum,LOT'S of PowderCoating,NOTHING Stock..

FASTEST Tri-Z on The Planet...MAKE A NOTE !! and the SECOND FASTEST, WRITE IT DOWN AGAIN!!!

--
    The bike is lookin great Rob.

Now on to more important issues. What the hell is up with that ugly ass toolbox in the background. I think there is a rule about posting obscene pics in your threads.

That is all.

--
    Thanks for the compliments everyone.It has been a lot of work for me and those involved with it.
    Raffa,yeah I here you on the color scheme.I had been planning on that one for a year and when I saw that one that guy had for sale I was bummed.I thought it would be the only black and silver Z out there.But I still like they way it came out.I will be watching this Dynoport pipe deal.Try to find out what a second pipe would cost and keep me in mind when he makes that pipe for you.
    Nathan,Thanks and I may have atrick up my sleeve on the Bills pipe set-up.I hope
    Rick,What can I say?I got a smokin deal on that toolbox.Sorry I will be ready for a new one shortly as I can barely close the drawers in that one now cuz it is too full of tools. I will be talkin to you when I am ready for a add on.
    Now back to the bike.I got my front fender last nite and Finished the bottom end work and got my jug torqued down.Today I will be measuring the big bore domes for Sprock and finishing the engine assemble.I might get it fired tomorrow.

I was gonna do Tri-z with a 420 shee long rod Cheetah motor,But I couldnt bring my self to strip down my shee And cut up a trike frame.Maybe next year I will do that project.here are a few more pics.
    Last edited by Mosh; 07-30-2010 at 01:24 PM.

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

3leggeddog is offline The sun shines on a dogs ass every now and then Got the holeshot
    --
    very nice rob.looks for a yammer!!glad to finally see make some good progress!nice trike
    Full Walsh CRF 450 hybrid 250r

--
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
    Jason "Playboy" Pollard

85 Honda atc 200s (Mint)
    82 Honda atc 250r (to be restored)

--
    I will be having a Custom pipe made up for the 310-330 kits When i get mine,,,,,Run 350$ Cnd,,,,Probably less if i have a few more made,,,
    1985 Tri-Z-

Quote Originally Posted by mywifeknowseverything
    Just hit the Freakin Gas and Hold on!!!!!

--
    Mosh, that thing is BadA$$!!!!
    2007 YAMAHA YTZ450 went to a great home RIP Sam

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //