//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1999 Arctic Cat Panther clicking sound

--

1999 Arctic Cat Panther clicking sound

I have the biggest piece of junk panther in the world, and unsuprisingly it needs work AGAIN. For the last few days, it has been making a clicking sound, its loud enough to hear over the engine and the helmet. Its a 'progressive' sound, like the faster you go the faster the click goes. It doesnt make the sound when its sitting. I know its not anything in front of the driven clutch, because my belt disentigrated yesterday and my brother had to steer it home while I towed it and he said it was still making the sound. I have it jacked up right now, and I cant find anything loose or broken. All the bearings are nice and tight. This started a few days ago. The strange thing is, it doesnt appear to click while the track is in the air. Any suggestions to whats making the sound before I find out what it is the hard and expensive way?

-Nick
    1988 Chevy Silverado 5.9L Cummins : 1986 ATC250R : 2012 Polaris RZR 570 :

98% of Americans say 'OH $#!T!!' before going into a ditch on an icy road. The other 2% are Alaskans, and they say 'Here, hold my beer and watch this!!'

oddball3 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Check your track, make sure you don't have any ripped or torn lugs. That might be hitting in the tunnel or in the suspension.
    IN MY GARAGE:

1984 250r
    1986 350x
    1986 200x(wifes)
    1985 200x fixer upper
    1979 110 PARTING OUT
    1984 70
    http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forum...post&id=155447
    '97 ZRT 600 drag sled
    '97 ZRT 600 trail sled
    '98 ZR 440 sno-pro(wifes)
    http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forum...=post&id=79401

--
    my sleds use to do it. mine was the secondary clutch housing. it broke at the bottom and drained the oil.
    down to parts because i no longer have a place to ride trikes.

GIT IT RAAAGGGGG !!!!

--
    Well I finally got tired of it hanging from the shop ceiling and not having anything to ride, so I took it out and tried it. It had a new belt this time. It didnt make the sound anymore but all I did to it was hang it in the air for 2 days??

Funny you mention the secondary clutch, thats exactly where it sounded like it was coming from. But the housing (im guessing you mean the chaincase?) isnt broke I dont think, and its got a new chain in it last month. Everything works smoothly now. I dont know if the sound suddenly going away w/o doing anything is good or not though. Oh well its just got 400 miles the last 3 days so It cant be that bad!

-Nick
    1988 Chevy Silverado 5.9L Cummins : 1986 ATC250R : 2012 Polaris RZR 570 :

98% of Americans say 'OH $#!T!!' before going into a ditch on an icy road. The other 2% are Alaskans, and they say 'Here, hold my beer and watch this!!'

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //