//ArrowChat Code

Thread: my ported tr z cylinder[pics]

--

my ported tr z cylinder[pics]

what do you guys think.
    http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...r/CIMG0838.jpg
    http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...r/CIMG0839.jpg
    http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...r/CIMG0841.jpg

also i shaved my head 25 th,what compresion should be oround at?i will do a compression test when iam done,but i just want to make sure that i have the right compression.iam at sea level.

--
    Blog Entries
    polish that exhaust up like a mirror and you will be better off

--
    i agree....i also used to polish the combustion chamber on my lt 250
    80s......185 atc, Yamaha tri-moto 200, 85 200x with tons of work
    90s......89 Suzuki quad racer 250 (raced 250 A class for 6 years, late 90s.. custom framed 250x with long travel shocks and a built 350x motor.... built Honda 110
    00s...... chomeoly framed 350 RX with all the goodies (thanks to my bro)
    2012.....Replaced the 350x motor for a 444cc YZ426
    WWW.HREATV.COM

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Polishing helps, but the most important thing is to make sure your surface is flat like ___ and not wavy or have dips/high places in it like ~~~~~~. Most of the books I've read has actually specified that for the time required its much better to have the surface level, rather then polished.

--
    Blog Entries
    yes from that pic it looks like the bottom has a couple dips in it

--
    what happen was the exhaust had a hole on it,and we had to weld it,i should have taken pics of what the cyl looked liked,before the build.other than that,what do you guys think of my intake?thanks

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    The intake looks pretty good. You seem to have done a good job at not opening the boyesen (side) ports up to large. Most people seem to think the bigger the better here, which is not exactly correct. The thing is, you have 2 different flow streams meeting each other at opposing angles. The upward stream from the crankcase goes into the beginning of the transfer tunnel, and then the blast from the boyesen port hits that square in the side, or in some cases at a downward angle. That makes for bad flow characteristics. I would lower the bottom of the main intake opening a few mm (depending on material there) and then ramp it all the way back to the beginning where the reedcage goes in so you have kind of a trough.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //