//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Tecate engine swap & build thread

--
    I am thinking I wanna go white... i love green, but a new set of green fenders will probably make my 22 year old fuel tank look nasty.. blaster fenders would probably look sweet though...
    Last edited by cr480r; 12-29-2014 at 01:53 PM.
    2-stroke lover

--
    Here are some mounted on a YZ426 conversion.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails _6227931.jpg   100_0923.JPG  
    My Feedback 85 TECATE 500 08 Honda 450R

--
    Those blaster fenders look pretty good, but honestly I like the look of your '86 rear fenders better... are you gonna put that thing back together? Or just 2-wheelers for now?
    2-stroke lover

--
    It's going back together this summer. The 500 lump I bought is just that, a lump. So quietly it all sits in my basement waiting for me to rebuild it again. Need another 500 motor, possibly a modern 250...but that stuff won't come until summer.

--
    what about your perimeter frame KX500 project?
    2-stroke lover

--
    KX is half in my closet and half downstairs. Guy sold me a basket case. It'll sit until it sells or I build something from it.

hadar is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Looks great. Those white fenders would look sweet on that bike. That intake is wicked.

--
    well I rode it some tonight... without a seat and with some old crappy 22" tires on it... With the stock gearing 13/42... it felt a lil bit tall, but it should be about perfect with the tires I am gonna run. I didnt get a chance to tap into any of the power as it was dark out and my lit up riding area was kinda small... But I was happy to find that the engine has a ton of off-idle power and a very smooth operating clutch. I can already tell this bike is going to be very easy to ride in the tight stuff... I cannot wait to mix a fresh batch of fuel and do some tuning...

Quote Originally Posted by hadar View Post
    Looks great. Those white fenders would look sweet on that bike. That intake is wicked.
    Thanks hadar.. The intake was made as a easy solution to a problem that could have easily been avoided... I tilted the shock forward an inch from its original position on the bike to simplify building the new upper mount... not realizing it didnt leave room to use the original rubber intake boot from the donor bike... And there was not enough room to clamp a rubber hose onto the intake bell, so a ring was made on a lathe to fit over the carb and seal with a small o-ring. It probably doesnt even need the o-ring as the clearance is so tight I had to use grease to get it over the carb... I figured the tube would rattle against the frame since it was so close, so I mounted it rigid... Its definately not an ideal set-up, but it was the best I could do at the time..

Quote Originally Posted by BigGreenMachine View Post
    It's going back together this summer. The 500 lump I bought is just that, a lump. So quietly it all sits in my basement waiting for me to rebuild it again. Need another 500 motor, possibly a modern 250...but that stuff won't come until summer.
    I would put the 500 in the KX and put a newer 250 in the trike... IMO a 500 makes too much power for an atv.... bikes feel much safer...

Last edited by cr480r; 12-20-2010 at 12:49 AM.
    2-stroke lover

--
    Here is a lil video my friend took of me trying to get familiar with the Tecate... I still need to do some tuning... the carb came straight off my quadracer and I havent changed anything yet..

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...deoid=27993547
    2-stroke lover

--
    Looks like its running great. Nice wheelies lol

--
    Pretty creative build...I like it!
    4 Strokes are NOT the wave of the future!

--
    Man that last run up the hill you were git'n it! I have been secretly watching this build closly, I must say it came out fantastic!

drew

--
    Man, I love that ductwork you made up for the air intake!! Came out excellent!!
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Thanks guys.. This thing is startin to grow on me... I cant wait til I get all of the bugs worked out and get it looking a lil bit cleaner... This was the first time I have ridden a powerful trike on sand... Its probably going to my primary ride from now on!!!! I hardly even miss my quadracer...
    Last edited by cr480r; 12-20-2010 at 12:50 AM.
    2-stroke lover

--
    bump for hoosier

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //