//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LA Sleeve, oh boy.

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries

Thumbs down LA Sleeve, oh boy.

Well I received my newly sleeved cylinder from LA Sleeve this afternoon. Extremely disappointed would be an understatement. The last time I had called them they informed me that they would have to charge an additional $175 to match the new sleeve to my existing porting. After a few questions I was told that original port matching was included in the cost of sleeving it. I did very very little work to the transfer outlets, most of the time was spent on the exhaust, intake, and transfer tunnels. So I had decided I could match those areas up again as they were for the most part pretty east to reach and get to with the tools I had.

I received the cylinder today and found the intake almost completely blocked off, the transfer outlets on the sleeve are about 1/4 inch higher then the casting so now they are pointed upwards at an angle instead of straight across like they are suppose to be. The exhaust for the most part they did pretty decently, I'll have to re-grind the sleeve to match what I had but its the least worse out of whats there. The Transfer tunnel opening from the bottom is almost COMPLETELY closed off because of the bottom shape of the sleeve, its absolutely ridiculous. I had tons, an tons, and tons of hours into this cylinder before hand and I've easily got twice that from the looks of it to get this thing where its even usable. I don't have an effin clue how I'm going to reach around in the transfers and fix them unless I just end up raising the height of all of the ports to match it which is going to lessen my blow down time (Generally not a good thing for a high rpm-power engine).

Looks like I might be at TF for the 3rd year in a row on a stock cylinder...I'll try and get some pictures of it posted this evening. Man

--
    MAN! that sucks, I went the other day to my cycle shop here in Valdosta about resleeving the big bore cyl and I said what about la sleeve and he said "yea if you want it F'ed up! and I was ok... he said he sends his to be resleeved to suncoast in tampa? and they do a great job and reasonable, he showed me a cyl that had been resleeved and it was impressive to say the least. sorry that yours went to the chitter!

--
    how come you don;t cotnact them and complain? You paid them to do a certain job and they did NOT do it. Not even close. then they charged you extra. I would be hopping pissed off totally and demanding a refund or they fix it.

Good luck with it. I knwo I owuld NOT take it as easy as you are.

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

kb200x is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Golightly View Post

Looks like I might be at TF for the 3rd year in a row on a stock cylinder...I'll try and get some pictures of it posted this evening. Man

Is this for the 500r? If so I wouldn't sweat running the stock cylinder at Trikefest. No one came close to the 500r last year

well maybe that sick T3

Feel free to talk trash about how you have no competition and are just going to run the stock cylinder. It may make you feel better....

86 350x "O' Smokey"
    83 200 auto X
    84 200x
    85 110
    82 70

--
    Does L.A. sleeve have any idea of the amount of poeple you can touch through the 3ww's website Billy? With your web skills you could crush any and all sales from this site. How about a bonfire flame post, setup for mfg. mistakes like this one?....That is if L.A. won't fix their obivious oversite. You can post pics....send the BOSS, plant foreman, and the head of marketing a pic of what you have....I would think this is one that slipped through the cracks. Along with your pics attach the POST site here thats about to catch on fire if the results aren't exceptable. I've never delt with them and was under the impression they handel their work. Sorry to hear this happening to ya. I think by now, I and the owner of LA would be on a frist name, driect line phone convo...Best of luck!

--
    Contact them and give them the chance to correct their shoddy work. If they fail to comply dispute the charges with your credit card co. and fight it that way (assuming you paid with a credit card).
    Current Ride (Purchased new in Oct. 84) - 1985 Honda ATC 250R w/ ESR 310cc big bore kit
    Wife's Ride - 2009 Polaris RZR 800
    Kid's Rides - 2009 Yamaha Raptor 700, 2008 Yamaha Raptor 250
    Former Rides - 1975 Honda XR 75, 1979 Yamaha IT 175, 1978 Honda ATC 90, 1980 Honda ATC 110

got sand?

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Well I've already started grinding on it. I'll fix it as best I can and if it ends up sucking or I'm slow at least I'll have a good excuse for losing the drag races this year. I got like 6 pics before I started working on it and then the batteries in the camera died. I'll try and scrounge some up and post them.

--
    Blog Entries
    OK these pictures came out really terrible, I swear I gotta get a new camera sometime. Compare these, with what I had posted in here: http://3wheelerworldforums.com/showp...&postcount=160

See that big chunk sticking up in the boyesen ports on the intake? That huge piece in the opening for the transfer tunnels? Ugh.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1010033 (Medium).JPG   P1010034 (Medium).JPG   P1010038 (Medium).JPG  

--
    HOLY F*CK! man! did a vietemese child sweatshop worker do that!?

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    I will put them on the list along with CT racing.My brother in law had a real bad experience with them and their sleeve work.Sent a stock lt250r cylinder out to them,They said the sleeve was busted,Which was B..S.They must have dropped it off the bench or something.Anyhow it took 4 months and 775 bucks to get his jug back,and not to mention,Their so called porting was nothing great to speak of
    Here is where my long useless list of stuff nobody cares about should go...

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    Holy cow I could have gotten those ports closer with a tooth brush. I will NEVER send anything to LA sleeve.
    And that's the rest of the story. ~ Paul Harvey

"Yes its broken, but does that really surprise you?."
    "What happened? What does it look like happened?!?!"

--
    That thing outta RIP! LOL! Sorry...had to Billy. Lots of threats should be heading their way.
    I know you got a pile of $$$ into it already, but how about this for a suggestion...can you take it to a local engine shop and have them match up the ports for you. The time involved for you may be worth a few more bones. Good luck.

--
    Blog Entries
    is that how much you hogged it out in the exhaust port.. gotta remember those are stock ports on that sleeve.. but still they could have done it nicer better do something I GOT the EDGE!

--
    Wow thats a hard lesson learned. Never port (Drag port especially) If you plan on sleeving the cylinder. That really stinks, you have lots of grinding to do.

83 ATC 60-R Cr60 converted with Zinger parts.
    83 ATC 70.
    83 Tri zinger
    ATC 85-R Cr85 engine on shortened 86-R frame.
    ATC450AF
    86 310-R Drag racer
    440 snowmobile powered custom built.
    87 Cr 500 Converted to Drag racer

--
    The only way to get anywhere is to complain. maybe you can get it redone for free and a partial refund.
    My Stable:
    2007 ARCTIC CAT DVX400
    07 Kawasaki Ninja 650R--My Baby--

Honda 200M with a 200E engine and 200S front end- A true stump puller SOLD!

Scars are a reminder to the old of all the dumbshit they did while young - Me

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //