//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Polanda 250r motor

--

Polanda 250r motor

Does anyone have this set up? Polaris 400 cylinder on a 250r bottom end. Im interested in what exactly needs to be done to make this work step by step. Anyone on here ever done this?

--
    Why not just graft on a fl400 cylinder and keep it all honda ?

--

Ebay

There is an 88 trx 250r with the 400 pilot cylinder on it. Super bad ass.
    3-85 ATC 70
    86 ATC 250R
    86 WETBIKE
    01 KX250
    2011 KAW SXR800- 35YR EDITION
    05 HERITAGE/SPRINGER/SOFTTAIL

--
    What needs to be done to do the pilot cylinder? I have heard of this being done but the pilot cylinders seem quite rare where as the 400 polaris cylinders are a dime a dozen.

--
    where did this arrise at? has it been done?? I guess if everything lines up and the cylinder isnt to tall for the stroke of the crank and pison, as well as the pin diameter matches up for the piston as well then it may work.....

3leggeddog is offline The sun shines on a dogs ass every now and then Got the holeshot
    --
    it does work,i heard of a 100+ horse motor this way.also the psi 425 kit is down right nasty,90+ hp outta those
    Full Walsh CRF 450 hybrid 250r

--
    so you can take the polaris cyl of and put that on a 250r?? damn!

hoser is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    The Polonda/Hondaris was done long before the Sabretooth came out. You have to weld and machine the cylinder a lot for it to go on, its definitely not a bolt on. The waternecks have to be re-positioned and all kinds of other great stuff.

--
    The studs in the cases needs to be relocated, and cases bored for the polaris cylinder. You need to use long rod 250r crank too. If you are not going to all out drag race it and spend the big bucks modding the polonda, you are better off just buying a ProX 350-380 kit. I have a friend who has had 2 polonda engines and he pretty much has figured everything out on them, so pm me and I can get you in touch. They also weld kx500 reed cages on the polaris topend.

--
    So the studs have to be relocated? I was under the impression that you weld and re-drill the 400 cylinder. I know the cases have to be machined to allow for the 400 cylinder. Is there a lot of re-porting involved? Im pretty sure i could do all the work if i knew exactly what to do. Dont these run the yz 250 crank rod also or can you get away with a stock trx long rod?

--
    http://www.ftzracing.com/ATVpg.html

click on the 250r motor packages.

--
    Chrisd, anyone who has money can buy a motor, i actually want to make my own jug. If noone else has any info im just going to dive into this and see what i can do, thanks everyone!

--
    hmmm....I thought you asked if it has been done....so I posted a link to a place that has done it. That's all. Sorry if I led you down the wrong path.

--
    Sorry Chris, after re-reading my post it does sound harsh but it wasnt meant to be that way, i wasnt shutting you down at all, it is a good site to check out , hope this cures the misunderstanding

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //