//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 1970's Rupp 440 Nitro engine parts

--
    ive had 2 pretty powerful sled engines at once i had the 454 rotax that had allot of work done to it and i still have the invader 440 sitting an a go kart frame. i think i may port it shave the head and put bigger carbs on it then put it in a trike.
    down to parts because i no longer have a place to ride trikes.

GIT IT RAAAGGGGG !!!!

--
    If it is a Tohatsu then you really have something rare. There are parts out there but you have to hit the vintage sled sites and forums. I know some pretty prominent rupp guys and if need be i can ask them. Xenoah's are tough to find pistons and rings. Wiseco used to make them but no longer do so.

conig is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    if you want any kind of rear suspension you will need to build a jack shaft and reinforce it. the sled motors put too much torque on the trailblazer tranny's, you may be able to use a 4x4 scrambler tranny some are gear driven. Ive known a couple to do this, some of its tuning but there not blisteringly fast for the work thats involved its hard to put that kind of power down.

1983 honda 70atc, als,ot done, need throttle cable and assembly. PM me if you have this.

1985 honda es 250 big red.
    85 percent restore. 10x10 douglas 190's 22-11-10 at 489's. 12x7 itp c series 24-8-12 swamp fox. some accent painting. snorkel everything and a custom PCV system. moose air filter. cobra utility exhaust. 2.5 um wheel spacers.
    A trike to show up the modern utilitys

2002 scrambler 400 2x4 uni pod filter, lots of weight shaving, v force reeds, HPD race pipe, 39mm pwk or 34mm, 12-1 head, trail porting, custom clutching, hole shots on t-9s +1 all around. works shocks . trail bike with drag tweeks.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by conig View Post
    if you want any kind of rear suspension you will need to build a jack shaft and reinforce it. the sled motors put too much torque on the trailblazer tranny's, you may be able to use a 4x4 scrambler tranny some are gear driven. Ive known a couple to do this, some of its tuning but there not blisteringly fast for the work thats involved its hard to put that kind of power down.

If I do use a trailblazer I plan on keeping the sled clutch/tranny setup, the reason I want to use a trailblazer is because you can get one fairly cheap and they use a similar large clutch/tranny setup,so when removed the frame will offer plenty of room for a sled motor and tranny, also I agree with the jack shaft setup thanks for the advice conig

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Hall View Post
    If Its a kohler you just might have something there. I'm pretty sure that was the engine used In the old Snow Twister's. I've heard that the snow twister was the only one that could take out the Yamaha SRX back In the day. I have a 76 Nitro with the liquid cooled Xenoah 440, It Is a real strong runner. I love the old SRX though. I have a 3 wheeler with a 77 SRX engine for the drags, It's pretty Insane. I just cant believe how fast these old 440's are. My close to stock 79 SRX with some gear changes, carb & pipe mods will run with big tripples for about 400 feet. After that the big dog's take off.

I know a guy here In MI that know those Kohler's real well, when you get the engine find the #'s on the cylinders. He's an old school oval track racer that told me my SRX was a second place sled lol. Wow that made me wonder how fast the old Snow Twister's really were.
    man, I would LOVE to get a hold of one of those SRX's. The 77 was the best from the factory, 98 hp stock, 76 was slightly less as was the following years. Wouldn't mind a sno twister either.

1984 250r
    heap of 200x
    POS motorcraft?

Quote Originally Posted by JAGSFOLIFE
    THOSE F^@&ERS ARE DEATH TRAPS, BUT SO BAD @$$...
    Quote Originally Posted by yamaha gp
    trikes... DANGEROUS MOTHER F***S. BUDDY LOST HALF HIS SPLEEN AND A LIVER BECAUSE OF ONE OF THEN. HAHAH
    Quote Originally Posted by smackdab
    We decided those cute little 90 and 110 Honda 3 wheelers were what we all needed. Although our experience with those little SOB's is a story for another day, I will tell you that the Caro Community Hospital got new waiting room furniture due to those cute little devils.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by toocheaptosmoke View Post
    98 hp stock, 76 was slightly less as was the following years.

Makes you wonder how often they tore the track apart...
    I'm back in the USSR...

--
    Man that thing looks pretty awesome!!

--
    they haul butt too. between the srx and invader ltd 440 they are still taking down newer sleds. them old racing sleds are beast. i had a 9500 and i bet it might maybe hang with a ltd and srx. big maybe. but a stock 9500 i dont think could hang with em.

GIT IT RAAAGGGGG !!!!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 84honda200s View Post
    they haul butt too. between the srx and invader ltd 440 they are still taking down newer sleds. them old racing sleds are beast. i had a 9500 and i bet it might maybe hang with a ltd and srx. big maybe. but a stock 9500 i dont think could hang with em.
    ya, the ISR made that 15 year rule to keep the old sleds from beating the new ones
    1984 250r
    heap of 200x
    POS motorcraft?

trikes... DANGEROUS MOTHER F***S. BUDDY LOST HALF HIS SPLEEN AND A LIVER BECAUSE OF ONE OF THEN. HAHAH
    We decided those cute little 90 and 110 Honda 3 wheelers were what we all needed. Although our experience with those little SOB's is a story for another day, I will tell you that the Caro Community Hospital got new waiting room furniture due to those cute little devils.

--
    lol yup some of them old sleds would haul butt. some could even be called scary fast i think. ooo yea sorry for jacking your thread. didnt mean to but when ever someone starts talking vintage muscle we just cant help it can we toocheap. lol

GIT IT RAAAGGGGG !!!!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 84honda200s View Post
    ooo yea sorry for jacking your thread. didnt mean to but when ever someone starts talking vintage muscle we just cant help it can we toocheap. lol
    yup, vintage sleds are addictive like trikes.

1984 250r
    heap of 200x
    POS motorcraft?

--
    What I wanna know is, how were they able to haul that much butt, and yet have such crappy suspension...
    I'm back in the USSR...

--
    lol ive bin wondering that myself. i think they put all their resources into the gitty up and go. but man im telling ya them srx, invaders, and blizzards where some of the many fast vintage muscle. my dad had a jd500 that hauled butt. the poor thing had a busted speedo cuz it got maxed out all the time lol. there are countless old muscle but the ones i named are the most known.

GIT IT RAAAGGGGG !!!!

--
    why you stand back from the track...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu1VU5-gr9o
    1984 250r
    heap of 200x
    POS motorcraft?

--
    Wow, just got reading this thread, cant belive I missed it, some good subjects here. About putting the engine in a trailblazer, I have a Polaris cyclone and have a spare 503 rotax engine, I took the base off of the engine and lined it up with the empty frame(its currently just a roller, no engine trans ect. in it) and with a little andgle grinding the base would fit absolutely perfect because the frame, and the base are angled at the same degree, I was thinking about doing it until I though it would rip my tranny apart so quick I wouldnt know what happened, but if you look in the Mad-scientist liar of the forums a guy dropped a 2cyl skidoo engine in a trike, you might be able to get some idea's from that. And with the fast skidoo's, im not sure what you guys consider vintage, for me it is 1985 and under, if that is so I hear that the el tigre 6000 was the fastest stock sled. I got a Blizzard 9700, I hear they are crazy fast sleds too, and I cant wait to get it running and for winter to come. My neightbor has a newer(maybe 1990-95?) polaris indy 500 I think it is, I want to race him, see if my sled can hold its own against newer ones.
    Last edited by 85hondaatc125m; 06-24-2007 at 01:14 PM.
    Current Rides
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

3 skidoo's, 1 quad, and 1 trike

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2679723

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //