//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 1970's Rupp 440 Nitro engine parts

--
    yea them 9700s were dam fast off the line but ive herd their top speed needs some help. but thats why they made stiffer springs and after market clutches. you should be able to hang with the 500. but if its the 600 indy xlt special you may have some problems. but hook some juice up you have him lol.

im hoping to work on the quad this week. it will be a huge pain though. i need to cut and stretch the frame.
    down to parts because i no longer have a place to ride trikes.

GIT IT RAAAGGGGG !!!!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRider_AK View Post
    What I wanna know is, how were they able to haul that much butt, and yet have such crappy suspension...
    The old sleds hauled so much butt, because they were light as hell & had big power from a small engine.

We have Ice drags at a local sportsmans club a couple miles from my house every year. In the 440 class the 77 SRX Is by far the king. They have one sanctioned race a year & 2 open no rules races a year. In the sanctioned races they make the SRX add weight (heavy rider HA HA), the SRX still kicks ass against the new sleds.

I love the pic of the MERC Snow Twister leaving the line. Them babies are RIPE Runners also.

83 ATC 60-R Cr60 converted with Zinger parts.
    83 ATC 70.
    83 Tri zinger
    ATC 85-R Cr85 engine on shortened 86-R frame.
    ATC450AF
    86 310-R Drag racer
    440 snowmobile powered custom built.
    87 Cr 500 Converted to Drag racer

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //