//ArrowChat Code

View Poll Results: Would you pay a small fee for trikefest??

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck no, trikefest costs me too much in the first place!

4 18.18%
  • I would pay $5 a person and possibly even donate a few extra bucks.

3 13.64%
  • I'd pay $10 a person, its the least i could do.

10 45.45%
  • I'd pay $20 a person, trikefest is awesome!!!!!

5 22.73%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trikefest admission/ donations??

--

Trikefest admission/ donations??

I know that one of the best things about 3ww is that it is totally free to the members here. Trikefest also doesnt cost us a thing except for PARK admission and of course gas, food, etc... I absolutely love how soo many people do things for this website and trikefest out of there pocket and dont ask for anything in return except for some VERY small donations evevry now and then. I will admit it, i dont think i have EVER sent a donation to 3ww other than buying raffle tickets, 50/50 tickets, media, t-shirts etc.. I simply dont think about it that often or i am broke and think $5 wouldnt make a difference. $5 really will make a difference though if we could get people to donate $5 a month or even every couple of months.

My idea is that there should be a fee for trikefest. Not an outrageous fee, but a small fee like $10 a person whether they are there 1 day or 3 weeks. I dont think this is too much to ask. I think if i knew that trikefest would cost me an additional $10 then it wouldnt be any big deal since i would HAVE to pay it. There was what? 200 people there or so? $10 a person that wouldve been $2000 towards this wonderful site. Maybe we could do $5 a person and accept donations? So how many of you would pay the additional fee? I know i would.
    "Instruction manuals are nothing more than another man's opinion."
    - Chick McGee

-1985 250sx
    - 1986 atc310R drag bike
    - 1981 110 chopper.
    - 1985 350X 3+1 durablue axle, uni filter
    - 1985/6 350x
    - 2-84 atc250r's and 1 83
    - 2002 trx400ex
    - 1985 atc 250r
    -1985 atc70 WTB PARTS
    - 1985 tecate

MADE IT THROUGH TRIKEFEST 04, 05, 06, 07, and 08, cant wait til 09!!

Old 179 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    This was my 1st TF that I stayed for the whole event. Saturday nights awards I saw all of those trophies that were given out for the different events. Knowing that it didn't cost anything to run in those event, that chunk of money came out of the overall funds. Could it be possible to impose a sign up fee to cover for the cost of the trophies??
    I would exclude the kids 18 and under. Maybe $5 per event. (mx, drags and utility run would be consider a event each) Wasn't around the poker run, maybe require them to buy $2 worth of 50/50 tickets before they start the run?
    Alot of tickets were sold at the saturday night awards. These same people were the same ones that were in the various events that week. So I'm thinking that that maybe their gracious spending was their entry fees???
    Just some random thoughts, we need to keep 3WW alive and well funded. Thanks.

--
    Come next Trikefest I'm there and would be willing to pay afee to get it. This site has a group of individuals that have helped me and many others with all kinds of issues. The riding spots that have come about and the riding trips rock! 3ww needs to keep trucking and we all should pitch in if we really care

--
    You really can't charge a fee to be at trikefest because its a public park but a $5 per entry fee for the events could be a good idea.

--
    I'll take the official response to this post and say that we have discussed this issue many times before. As it stands right now, we are working to keep all events at Trikefest free of charge. The last thing we want someone to do is sit on the sidelines because they don't have $10 to run the drags, etc.
    2007 YAMAHA YTZ450 went to a great home RIP Sam

--
    I would say maybe not charge, just talk more about donation. Maybe at like the awards ceremony just take and break it down and say hey, this is how much it costs to run the site, how much it costs for this that and the other, then show how much actual income comes in from donations, etc, and show what say Billy and Howdy have to spend out of there pockets, then say...we need donations to help! I'm the same way as you disasterz, I never stop to think about how much money it costs to run the place until it's too late, so that's why I tried to buy plenty of raffle tickets at TF and made sure I got a shirt too. Just my 2 cents!
    Trikes:
    1973 Honda ATC70-orange!
    (2)1985 ATC70
    1985 Big Red 250
    1985 250R

--
    yeh i spent like most of my $$ on raffle tickets and got 2 shirts 2 hats a hoodie and 3 koozies....(besides the "donations" i gave cody for doin junk lmao)

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Derrick Adams View Post
    I'll take the official response to this post and say that we have discussed this issue many times before. As it stands right now, we are working to keep all events at Trikefest free of charge. The last thing we want someone to do is sit on the sidelines because they don't have $10 to run the drags, etc.
    Lots of good points, expecially this one.

I think the best thing to do would be to stress donations a little more. I did buy a bunch of merchandise at TF, as well as a hole bunch of raffle tickets, its great to help the site while getting some cool gear at the same time.

Can I still get TF T-shirts?
    My feedback: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-ATC-Eric

Survivor! TF: 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13 Sandpuppies: 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 16, 17, 18 Imperial Invasion 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

Everything Big Bore on FaceBook

Old 179 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by ATC-Eric View Post
    Lots of good points, expecially this one.

I think the best thing to do would be to stress donations a little more. I did buy a bunch of merchandise at TF, as well as a hole bunch of raffle tickets, its great to help the site while getting some cool gear at the same time.

Can I still get TF T-shirts?
    Yes, 06 & 07 tees were still available Saturday night. Need to buy both!!!!

With no fees being charged we will keep pushing tickets.
    Last edited by Old 179; 07-01-2007 at 05:45 PM. Reason: mistake

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Honestly the sales of the shirts/raffle/50/50 etc have for the past 2 years covered us pretty well. As long as they continue to do so in the future I think we'll be fine.

Besides that, (I hate to be negative, but its sort of my personality) if we end up with anyone pitching a fit and causing a scene for whatever absurd reason at one of the events its a lot easier to tell them to take it or leave it when theres not any $$$ involved. Thats my perspective anyways, haha.

--

well theres alot of good points. It probablly would be better to stress donations a little bit more. It was just an idea to try and help the site out.. I could care less if 3WW gave me $20 to come or charged me $20 to come, I'd still show up and have fun.
    "Instruction manuals are nothing more than another man's opinion."
    - Chick McGee

-1985 250sx
    - 1986 atc310R drag bike
    - 1981 110 chopper.
    - 1985 350X 3+1 durablue axle, uni filter
    - 1985/6 350x
    - 2-84 atc250r's and 1 83
    - 2002 trx400ex
    - 1985 atc 250r
    -1985 atc70 WTB PARTS
    - 1985 tecate

MADE IT THROUGH TRIKEFEST 04, 05, 06, 07, and 08, cant wait til 09!!

--
    If I came to trikefest and I had 20 bucks, I'd donate it. It's the least I could do for the help and fun conversation I've had with you guys over the last year or two.
    I'm back in the USSR...

--
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRider_AK View Post
    If I came to trikefest and I had 20 bucks, I'd donate it. It's the least I could do for the help and fun conversation I've had with you guys over the last year or two.
    gas prices are KILLING the donation aspect of it all ... and i agree with Billy
    "07" DR650 Suzuki Dual Sport

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamahondaman View Post
    gas prices are KILLING the donation aspect of it all ... and i agree with Billy
    Gas prices aren't killing people's ability to at least offer up a couple bucks. Everyone in my camp including the younger riders pitched in something. Together it added up to decent donation.

--
    Me and my group all bought $20 each of the raffle trike tickets, all purchased t-shirts, and between all of us spent $65 in 50/50 tickets. We also bought a couple cozies. We also supported the photographer in buying 5 awesome pics. Those attending TF all want something to remember it by. In doing so, we purchase items that help fund this site. We all buy this every year not because we have to, because we want to. I feel we are a generous bunch and buy and donate what we can individually afford.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //