//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: By Request OC250r collection updates FEW NEW PICS!!!

--

By Request OC250r collection updates FEW NEW PICS!!!

WARNING!! LOTS OF TEXT not for those with short attention spans…

WOW those trikefest pics look awesome!!!!….man one of these years I have to get out there!!!

I have had a few emails, posts, and PM’s asking me questions regarding the showroom and current projects. I figured since there was interest I would update everyone on what OC has going on in the three wheeler world. I am a person who loves sharing pics but never really wants to post things until they are done with a major unveiling.

Unfortunately no recent unveilings have been done except the tiger page due to the fact I have way to many simultaneous projects going on at once and not getting any one project done fast. For those who have done frame off restores and know how the parts are all over the place and searching for the needle in the haystack parts takes time will understand. On my restores I am so picky not one part goes back on unless its replaced with NOS , refinished, or I find a perfect one…that can really slow things up waiting for the perfect part. I have six frame offs going on at once right now so it gets overwhelming.

Showroom
    The showroom is pretty much done with exception of the flooring. At least the Honda wall and Honda current line up is very close to being done. The one major hang up to completion of the showroom is the Tiger buyout and the Cagiva I acquired this year. These machines are in the restoration phase and have taken up half the space in the showroom with parts and machines half done. So it is a half showroom /half workshop . Since I am a perfectionist it would kill me to post pics of the place not in the state of the “vision” I have. So I figured I would give a few “teaser” pics that show pieces of the showroom but not in its entirety or the way it will look when done. I still have to build a showcase for all the NOS hondlaine stuff and get the magazine racks for all the vintage mags as well as other decorating.

The Projects in the works or in line to be started

1981 ATC NOS 250r- Well this thing has been close to being done for a very long time….The first year of the legendary 250r nameplate (that’s why I decided to go all out on it) is so close to being done it’s a sin I haven’t wrapped it up…..I just need to order one part and spend 1 day and its there. Almost all New old stock parts from 3 or 4 different countries over the course of a few years built this machine….I have photo documented each individual new old stock part with its Honda packaging…..showroom and I mean showroom nice.

Cagiva 3 wheeler- The Cagiva has been started. Mike at Vintage has the motor for a full rebuild/refinish. Unfortunately we have hit an unexpected snag. One of the center cases is damaged beyond repair. This is unfortunate as the entire motor rebuild has hit a wall and boxed up until I find a case GRRRRRR, Thanks Mike for being patient. Update: just won a case on ebay and awaiting for it to arrive .

The TIGER Line up….Well with the major buyout this past December and working on and completing some private deals and a few other major Tiger scores I have acquired the entire line up minus the tiger 80. I am very picky and detail oriented so I have searched hard and turned up perfect parts including enough plastics/shrouds to really finish off the perfect collection. There are no short cuts on any of these as I want them to look showroom when done down to every detail. Update this week I also found two sets of the original carlisle Amerithon turf tires that have been long gone and I have never seen for sale on ebay...one more detail down!!!

Where the TIGERS stand (Estimated time of full completion 11 months May 2008)
    Tiger 125- a full restored roller awaiting tank and shroud to come back from paint and a couple small odds /ends….just about there.

Tiger 200- Complete and in superb condition but to fit in with the rest it needs to be broken down and refinished.

Tiger 250- My first Tiger!!! Well this one has been close to done forever minus the rotax motor and looking for a red reservoir fox rear shock (found that last month) ….this is what happened I sent the motor off to Mike at Vintage for refinishing…while it was there I acquired a tiger super 4 which is much rarer than a tiger 250. When I received the motor back in fully restored condition I decided to put the motor with the major $$ invested in the super 4 (I was restoring that at the time because that is so much rarer and more valuable…Now the 250 still needs a motor refinished…to come soon.

Tiger 500- The current project. I have acquired some really nice parts for this. I have an authentic tiger 500 and this will be an unrestored roller by the end of the month (July). I have to have a hand coned pipe fabricated for it by dynoport. I plan on finishing this one by fall/early winter if I get the pipe done in a timely manner. Since this is a super rare machine I may send the ROTAX 500 motor off to Mike at vintage for full rebuild/refinish but that would take some extra time probably thru winter which would put me in the proper time frame to have them all done by May. Update: Since I started typing this a fellow board member here gave me the heads up on an almost new super low hour and running rotax 500 2 stroke motor for the tiger I have purchased it rode the machine it was in and all I can say is WOW!!!! Thanks BOB

Tiger super 4……WOW this baby is almost there and one of my favorite machines if you view my TIGER webpage you can see how it’s coming along.

1986 Tri Z 250 – OK ……This is the long neglected rebuild…..Long ago Darius ( a member who used to be very active here recently came back and made a few posts lately) inspired me to build one of these as he has a really sweet 86. For several years I have been collecting NOS parts and have all NOS front/rear fenders, shrouds ,seat, front wheel tire, head-pipe, all pegs, kicker, reservoir and a whole crate full of other NOS parts. Mike at Vintage rebuilt and refinished the entire motor…Since the other more RARE projects have rolled in this one keeps getting put 3rd from last…..but let me tell you when this actually goes together there will be no other like it except the one in the crate we have seen overseas.

The RED 1985 Tecate- We all saw Mike at vintage’s sweet original un-restored 1984 tecate recently. Believe me I love green when it comes to KAWI but the red one has always peaked my interest. Well I have a super nice 1985 Red tecate that again have been collecting NOS parts for several years. I have a whole crate full of rare NOS for this one as well including the rare 3 new Dunlops, front fender, head-pipe, seat and so much more. This one has also taken a backburner to the tigers and cagiva but will be a very respectable restore when it is done.

1987 Tecate 3 wheeler- Well real nice 100% stock 1986 Tecate’s are rare….everyone like to make a fuss about 1987 200x’s with the new color scheme and key, 1987 atc 250r’s and 350x’s were photographed for a brochure but currently folk lore, Yamaha bailed in 1987 with the triZ ….there was 1 and only 1 1987 high performance 3 wheeler that actually hit the streets in very, very limited numbers……The 1987 tecate 3 wheeler. I just happened to find a complete one 1 hour away from my home…it turned up on ebay a few years back and the seller ended early for me. The problem with finishing it…I already restored a 1986 with all NOS plastics including NOS golden right shroud and headlight. Well since I have a super sweet 86 this restore is last on my list. I plan on doing a full restore on this taking the super super rare NOS parts of the 86 and putting them on this 1987…I will then officially offer the 86 restore up for sale or trade. The differences in the 1987 tecate I see you may ask???.

1. Keyed ignition
    2. Different decals….more of a tear drop shape.
    3. Rolled edges on all three wheels for added strength and powder/paint rather than bare brushed aluminum.
    4. Different headlight bracket to accommodate for the keyed ignition.
    5. Rear parking brake.

I have acquired more NOS since this has been on the back burner including a crate full of little stuff, axle, coolant reservoir bottle and so much more…this 87 Tecate will be real nice when done.

As you can see I have my hands full. I have been trying to refrain from buying more projects until all these are done….(probably 18 months away) when they are ALL done I will officially start to look for more projects.

As far as individual machine unveiling I am working on a small stage with track lighting and a backdrop so when I unveil it its done with some fanfare with close ups with my NEW digital camera.

Stay tuned OC has some cool stuff rolling out in the next year. Sorry for all the babble but that is the update
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01227.JPG   DSC01221.JPG   DSC01218.JPG   DSC01230.JPG   DSC01229.JPG   DSC01228.JPG  

Last edited by Orangecnty250r; 02-09-2008 at 09:29 PM.
    Wikipedia "All Terrain Vehicle" Definition excerpt
    Other smaller or lesser known companies, such as Tiger ATV, Franks, and Cagiva, produced racing three wheelers, but in much smaller numbers. Few of these machines are known to exist today and are highly sought by collectors.

Check out my Tiger 3 wheeler Webpage..my quest for a TIGER MUSEUM started 2004 http://sites.google.com/site/tigerrotax/home

Rides: TIGER Factory line up, Tricky Dicks Cagiva 200, 4- Franks 3 and 4 Wheelers

--
    woooooooooooooooooooow that is an extreamly nice collection. great work
    ATC500AF

rassagmc is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    OMG!! I think I am in love with those R's VERY nice work
    BIKES CURRENTLY IN MY GARAGE
    1990 XR80R
    1983 CR60R
    1986 250SX
    1985 250R

--
    Freakin Showroom is bigger than my House .....Thats Crazey
    Gordons Well...#1 in this World, Home of "The Nick", "The Mutt", "The Husq" and "the Alky"

--
    That would certainly be worth a trip.

85 Tri-Z's
    85 Quad-Z,
    85 YT175 For sale,
    83 YTM 225DX,
    83 YTM 200L For sale,
    82 Tri-Zinger 60 For sale,
    8? YTZ 80 Conversion,
    85 YT 125,
    89 Pro Hauler 230,
    05 YFZ 450,
    99 V-Star,

--
    Very very nice job fella. You need some Utes in that collection too hehe..........peace
    86-87 Tecate ROCK!

Ride fast...........brake late............and Slide the rear!

--
    Blog Entries
    I thought you said you were getting a new camera?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dammit! View Post
    I thought you said you were getting a new camera?
    He would be better off restoring his old one
    Gordons Well...#1 in this World, Home of "The Nick", "The Mutt", "The Husq" and "the Alky"

--
    An asset to the community. You must have a very understanding wife cause the amount of money you put forth to these bikes is got to be outrageous. All the power to you.

Few questions for yah:

1) do you start these bikes up when they are completed (to keep fresh) or do you dump like wd40 in the cylinders? - just curious for my sitting restores.

2) What keeps you from having a few beers and jumping on one for the hell of it to see how it runs down the street or down the local trail?

I know with my restores, i keep them in the basement which deters me from pulling them out through the bulkhead and riding them. Otherwise they would be ridden often.

3) Any plans on a 3ww member visit/unveiling/maybe trail ride? That would be cool. OC Trikefest. I could stare at those bikes for hours.
    '86 Tecate
    '85 ATC 250R
    '85 Tri-Z
    '87 ATC 200x
    '85 ATC 250R - Rider
    '86 Tecate - Rider

--
    All ways great to see your collection !

Keep up the Good work ...

--
    nice collection, cant wait to see more pics and see it done. now start selling tickets, souvenirs, and giving tours lol. i wish i had a collection like that.
    My Rides
    1983 ATC200 - U-Haul edition - great mudder - SOLD
    1984 ATC200X - sucked a valve - frame up resto & engine rebuild with performance parts in the works
    1987 Suzuki DR200
    199? Go-ped Sport

70ATC90 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    1978 ATC 90
    2001 400EX

--
    Looking Awsome can't wait for more pics!!!

P.S. nice tiger pics on the wall lol

1985 Tiger 250LC
    1985 Tiger 200LC

1985 ATC 350X
    1985 ATC 200x
    1973 ATC 70 (resto project)
    ATC 70 Full A+ Suspension Mini Tiger
    and many more!!!
    1991 District-6 Open 4 Wheel 4-Stroke Expert Hare Scramble Champ

Blue Line Graphics
    Custom and Reproduction Decals
    http://www.bluelinedecals.com/

--
    I am back...and that collection is amazing! Major props to you!

Wow!!

Where is the Quadzilla? There is a lot of stuff in that showroom...I know for sure.

SEND ME PM HERE - CLICK HERE

1986 ATC 250r, 1986 Tri Z, 1990 LT 500R "Quadzilla"

Dirtbikes:

1994 KTM 550 MXC (yes its a two stroke...66 hp stock!)
    1988 Yamaha DT

edog is offline I'm like an Original Gangsta...but a post whore instead. The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Can you please post better pic??????????

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //