//ArrowChat Code
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: Greenwood Lake NY wintertrikefest

--
    Boy does that look like some fun!! Wow Raffa, you're tearing it up, man
    Baltimore---Charm City, or Harm City? Ask Pat.....

--
    If you tried that here right now you'd get about 5 feet and then go swimming.

I'm guessing you all are doing the thing at Bryan's on President's Weekend? It makes the most sense since a lot of people have off that Monday. I'm supposed to go on a ride in the Monticello area next Sunday so that will cure some of my fever to go for a ride even though it'll be on the 4x4. I'm not gonna promise anything but there's a chance that I'll bolt outta here Sunday morning or Saturday night of President's Weekend and head up. If Chris isn't going to make it the week after, then I probably won't head up there anyways so don't anyone adjust their plans for me.

John
    1985 Eddie Sanders ATC330r
    1986 Monstecate
    1984 ATC70 (awaiting 125cc transplant)
    1984 ATC125M
    1986 GSXR 750 - Keepin' it old school!
    1999 Arctic Cat 500 4x4 plow machine
    1999 Arctic Cat Thundercat 1000 (lake lizard)
    1996 Arctic Cat Jag 440 L/C (ditch banger)

--
    that is awsome just got back for a ride on the 200X and i did go swimming went to go ripping over what looked like ice and almost supermaned instead i just got really wet! man im jealous of that ice ripping you have there NH is only 2 1/2 hours away from here and plan on making it up there at least a couple times but i would love to come down to grenwood spent alot of time on that lake as a kid! keep us updated on the date raffa! ps never heard back from you about those parts!
    2- 85 Tri-Z's black and Yellow
    2- 85 250SX's
    1- 85 200X
    3-ATC 70's
    2- 85 tri-zinger's who needs some parts

--
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisD View Post
    Hello Gents

I can not make it on the weekend of the 24th. I have to be in Richmond VA, on Sunday afternoon and Monday. However, I won't hold up a ride for everyone else. I can do it Presidents Day weekend. If that won't work for anyone else, I will come up to GWL and we can get the guys together for winter carnival even though we won't be able to ride....most likely at this rate.

If Presidents Day will work for some guys, I would love to come up to Raffa's and ride. It's like a 4 to 5 hour ride for me. I am SOOOOO danm bored and dying to ride my R. Let me know what you guys think.
    I would take that presidents weekend is the 16th-17th..lets do this

Is there a date yet for greenwood carnaval??

--

Raffa

Looks like the lakes frozen good at Raffas. Hey Raffa, if you share some of that corn you like so much, we could probably have a fish fry after the races. Pan fish love corn almost as much as you.
    Times getting close. My builder wants to try the Dogbone idea I had. We are gonna cut up a stock one and reweld it. It will be an inch or two shorter. Need to check that out to see whats possible. Should drop the rear way down.
    If I can get 18"s and its a lowrider I will be unbeatable against any 5-10 year olds and any machine under 200cc's
    Got jipped on the rear shock. Dude posted it 2 times so Im trying to win one within the next hour. I think I will be ready for any event within the next 2 weeks. Might have to Retemp you all into helping me stud my tires as its gonna be close. Oh and someone might have to hold down my choke as it crapped out and wont work Either that or I just go totally insane with the plastic and get a Mikuni VM 36 mm. I remember seeing them new for $110 and heard they were perfect for my Trike on here
    84-85 Custom Tecate

1986 Honda 200X Daily Rider

2006 Suzuki King Quad

--
    Blog Entries
    just bring your tires and studs I can do them here.. what carb you got? I have a few choke assembleys.. here..

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Raffa View Post
    I would take that presidents weekend is the 16th-17th..lets do this

Is there a date yet for greenwood carnaval??
    Funny, I replied to this in the afternoon today but the reply isn't here.

Anyway, presidents weekend is the 16th-17th, and for many people (myself included) that Monday is a holiday. Greenwood Lake's Winter Carnival is that same weekend but I don't see much hope for there being rideable ice here by then.

If people plan on staying over Sunday night and coming home on Monday (i.e. a full day of riding Sunday and fish fry on Sunday night) then I might take a ride up early Sunday morning for the event. If not, then I'm definitely gonna have to sit this one out.

John
    1986 Monstecate
    1984 ATC125M

--
    Blog Entries
    sound good john..even if no one show's Ill ride all day sunday with ya!!

so it's not lookin good for the carnaval huh..

lets plan on My house the 16th-17th
    there calling for a high 48! tomorrow but the ice wont go anywhere...check out the lows at night!!! it's gonna be like glass..the one good thing is theres no snow to hold the moisture...
    TUE

48°F 8°C
    36°F 2°C WED

37°F 2°C
    19°F -7°C THU

25°F -3°C
    22°F -5°C FRI

31°F 0°C
    27°F -2°C SAT

30°F -1°C
    22°F -5°C SUN

24°F -4°C
    23°F -5°C

--
    Yeah, much better than it is here. We're looking at low 50's the next two days, then low 40's for a three, and then finally its going to get cold on Sunday but only for a day or two before its back over freezing every day. I'll just keep an eye on here to see when you guys are doing the cooking and stuff, I'll plan my trip accordingly.

John
    1986 Monstecate
    1984 ATC125M

--
    Blog Entries
    dont worrie about food john..the olady is a great cook.. I check the ice everyday!! I got a some venison in the freezer also, 30' and the grill's on the ice..

I forgot I got a fold out bed on the porch also, that i can bring in..

I can fit 7-8 before I have to rezort to the floor..

--
    Alright guys, I got the OK from the boss. I'm in too, weather permitting. I can leave first thing on Saturday and get up there late morning or so, and if you don't mind, stay until Monday morning.

--
    Blog Entries
    sounds good chris..monday's fine with me Ill start a new thred..
    Last edited by Bryan Raffa; 02-06-2008 at 01:07 AM.

--
    so how much ice is on greenwood? sacandage had a few good riding days but i only made it out once, and at that it was very wet and slushy. got a nonregistered atv ticket that day as well, lol. oh well. sheriffs turned a blind eye the rest of the day. besides that the sacandaga isnt looking so hot right now with these warmer temps and rain. gonna snow some tonight but yuck. lake gearge doesnt even have any ice yet, and they have already cancelled most of the winter carnival events. that sucks, that lake used to be froze by the beginning of january. two years in a row and no ice!!!! hmmm.
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate - kx cylinder, kx ignition, bassani headpipe, answer silencer, v-force reeds, 38mm airstyker carb, +2 franks swinger, raptor rear shock.

1996 YSF240 Blaster - maxxed out!!!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "HOLY SH-T, what a ride!"

--
    No good news here at Greenwood Lake. We saw 60* today but you never know, if we get a week of good, cold weather we could get one or two weekends out there. You're a good 125 miles north of here so you'd definitely get ice before we do.

John
    1986 Monstecate
    1984 ATC125M

--
    Blog Entries
    We had extreme cold temperatures here, and the lake iced up again in the open spots, but then we had 2-4 inches of snow, followed by 1/4" ice, then 2.5" of rain. After the rain, it dropped to 22F, but I do not think the ice is any good.

I went to start my 200x, and I think the throttle cable broke. So now all I have is a 110, and my new prarie 360. Unless next week is going to be very cold, I think Greenwood Lake is dead this year.

I would love to travel to upstate to raffa's, but I play in a church band, (it's Christian rock) and we got a conference this weekend, and I have to play the entire weekend. I was going to skip a few sets if everyone was coming here.

I am pretty bummed out for not having ice this year.

Hey John, do you check your PM's? I will send my phone # over, and I would love to riding with you one day. I am guessing you live close to me?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //