//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Greenwood Lake NY wintertrikefest

--
    I may be able to make it!
    need to get some ice tires
    anybody got a spare set they want to part with?

--
    Blog Entries
    I've been running into many locals with 3 wheelers all of a sudden. Seems like there is a lot of interest, and the turn out should be awesome.

Hope to see you all there.

I haven't posted in a while, I've been under the weather, but back on track now, and can continue rebuilding my 250r.

--
    i will be there give ma an address and a date and we be riding!
    2- 85 Tri-Z's black and Yellow
    2- 85 250SX's
    1- 85 200X
    3-ATC 70's
    2- 85 tri-zinger's who needs some parts

--
    Blog Entries
    what do you guys think about doing a little ICE Series? like everyother weekend type deal.. Ill do a weekend at my house ..Brapp has a Nice BIG pond (small lake) at his house and could possibley work it into his pensltucky ride witch is a good turn out..An of corse Greenwood,,could plan according to ice conditions.. Ponds are the best they Freeze First and get the thickest... Whos got a big pond,or small lake we could add? In our area.. and get something going..

--
    i would go i am local

--
    Well if we are going to make it a series we should count in the lake by me. Chautauqua lake. We can run the trikes on this lake. If we are going to do it lets make it worth wild. 2 stroke class and 4 stroke class and keep points from lake to lake. This could get pretty huge it we played our cards rights. I am willing to drive for some ice races if anyone else is.

--
    Blog Entries
    hey atctim.. got any big farm ponds on the ranch?

thats what Im talkin about johnny!!

gotta rember tho if the snows deep were gonna need a atv with a plow,, I got a poolaris here with a plow and Im shure brapp has something with a plow.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Raffa View Post
    Im shure brapp has something with a plow.
    We got Some string and some 2"x4" pieces of WOOD
    Nate

The Myth, The MAN, The Legend
    R.I.P HRR

Quote Originally Posted by honda250sx View Post
    Fact: Dr. Death is Bob from Enzyte.

--
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny's X View Post
    Well if we are going to make it a series we should count in the lake by me. Chautauqua lake. We can run the trikes on this lake. If we are going to do it lets make it worth wild. 2 stroke class and 4 stroke class and keep points from lake to lake. This could get pretty huge it we played our cards rights. I am willing to drive for some ice races if anyone else is.

Non studded race would be fun to watch

--
    We dont have to worry about the plow here. I have a plow that would work perfect. Lets get enough people to make it worth doing. We need for sure people so we can set up the dates and points system. Hell even some cash to enter event for season and points winner takes all. Put money in wich class you wants to be in. 4 stroke, 2 stroke, open class, non stud 2 stroke, non stud 4 stroke. This could be a kick as* time.

--

Sounds like the beginning of a new winter tradition here in N.Y.

You guys got this idea rolling. Sounds like a great idea and would be a great way to meet up. Would make a nice annual get together. I actually think I can get ready by the time the ice freezes as I got that great job at S.U. I will have off from mid December till mid January for vacation so im sure I could get to a few events. Later in the winter up here in Central N.Y. Oneida Lake is very popular for anything with a motor or a sail. There are some hot spots at where the bars sit along the shore in some nice bays. Its right smack dab in the middle of N.Y. right off of the thruway and Rt.81 Might be worth thinking about if you are interested.
    Quick couple of questions.
    I have the rear end off because I was going to install the Cal-Fab, would a stock swinger be better than a +2" swinger for Ice racing/Flat Track. I seem to remember Shorter is better for flat track.
    Also I seem to remember Chen Shin had a nice cheap knobby that I was told is great for Ice Racing setup. Got the name of the tire? Whats the best front tire for the fatty 84-85 Tecate? I have Kenda front Max's on both the Tecate and 200X as they rule, but I really dont want to stud them up and they are new. Oh yea would you run 18" or 20" tires and why?
    I have 2.5" hub extenders for the Tecate but the studs I popped out of the Tecate Hub are splined, do I find long bolts like that or just go with regular smooth bolts? I would like the bolts to be splined to match the hub, does it matter and where can I find these bolts. Once set up I will be at 50" wide and with the 86-87 adjustable dog bone I will sit low. I think It will be a nice setup. Im sure this info will help anyone wanting to set up for the ice this winter.
    Maybe some of the more experienced Ice Racers could do a little write up In the racers section on how to setup for Ice racing and whats best to use. How to stud your tires, stud patterns and with whats the best studs for conditions. A nice informational piece that should stay up for everyone to look at untill summer.
    84-85 Custom Tecate

1986 Honda 200X Daily Rider

2006 Suzuki King Quad

--
    Hey guys

I can race Greenwood Lake, Pennsylvania and even Conesus Lake. My wife recently had our second baby so my choices are slightly limited this year. GWL is obvious, but PA races are not too far from me and my wife's roomate from college is from Canandaigua....that should be an easy sell on her. I can leave her with her freind and shoot over to Raffa's place. It's pretty danm warm so far, so keep your fingers crossed. I'm working to get ready either way.

Oh and Meat-Box.....here is a link for you

http://home.comcast.net/~atc330rride...acerpage1.html
    Last edited by ChrisD; 11-10-2007 at 11:20 PM. Reason: missed the additional link

--
    Blog Entries
    Canandaigua HuH... right over the hill 20-30 min,,6:12 AM and it's 29 dregrees out right now .. feels like 22! it's comeing!

The lake is loseing heat,, It's like a giant fog rolling of it!

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Raffa View Post
    Canandaigua HuH... right over the hill 20-30 min,,6:12 AM and it's 29 dregrees out right now .. feels like 22! it's comeing!

The lake is loseing heat,, It's like a giant fog rolling of it!
    That sounds like the perfect time for a dip in the lake before it freezes over

Hopefully it'll freeze over for ya, can't wait to see some ice racing action.

--
    Blog Entries
    Thats Cool Gary I know when mik6 get back around were gonna do something with his bike.. It would be great to see team green on the ice! Get busy!!
    check with mike he might have some old tires worth studing

Grade 8 bolts ,for the spacers, and they dont have to be threded the whole way

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //