//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Greenwood Lake NY wintertrikefest

--
    what about the great sacandaga? or lake george? the sacandaga is huge, could ride all day, theres a few cool bars and even a few sand pits to ride with some nice hills. lake george has the winter carnival during feburary, the entire month of feburary, every weekend is something different. plus you can park right in the town and ride from your vehicles as long as your respectful on the streets. quite a few bars and resturants right there in the village to warm up in and have a few s . would be awesome to have a take over of trikes one weekend. lake george is 30 minutes north of albany on the northway rt87, and sacandaga is centrally located sorta, you can get off any exit from 26 to 28 to get there and its only a short drive of the thruway, maybe a 30 minutes or so. i should have the 85 ready for action so i will be looking to do alot of lake riding this year.
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate - kx cylinder, kx ignition, bassani headpipe, answer silencer, v-force reeds, 38mm airstyker carb, +2 franks swinger, raptor rear shock.

1996 YSF240 Blaster - maxxed out!!!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "HOLY SH-T, what a ride!"

--

Im on it

Im getting the cash flow ready now. Got a few hundred now need a few more hundred. Got lots of work to do. Rear end, rear brak line broke, whole new clutch setup, damn twist throttle cable broke and I havnt ridden that green machine all summer. It needs to get done and will. Ice racing was allways a favorite of mine and now that im old and busted up, its a form of racing that agrees with this old broken body. Would be so cool to get with Mike for this. He's always a good fun guy to hang with and that would put the green machines at about 4 for a few races.
    Lake George would be cool. Anything in the Adirondaks is allways cool. I hear that they have all kinds of things going on in the winter and if my memory serves me right theve been ice racing proffesionally up there every year since I was racing in the mid to late 80's. Im down for Lake George. Let all those Tourists freak out on our 3 wheelers beating down their quads
    Anyone find any info on the ice racing up there? I will need to look.

Thanks for that Info Raffa. I think in the next few weeks I will be getting started on this thing. If for any reason it dont get done then I will have to bust out the 200X That thing will start up and ride even if it sat for a few years. I love that thing. Wish my Tecate was as solid as the 200X, that thing will not die. Ive been riding that because the quad got mashed up and the Tecate likes to sit and look pretty.
    84-85 Custom Tecate

1986 Honda 200X Daily Rider

2006 Suzuki King Quad

--
    thats funny meat-box me and you have the same atvs almost, 85 t3 200x lt250r but yeah if you guys go to lk george im in no doubt and i agree the 200x is the best.runs forever,im interested in greenwood lake to.
    85 tecate 86lt250r
    85atc 200x

--
    i would go to both is there any thing set up greenwood lake and lake george i need some good ice tire's
    04-hd soft tail night train
    99-hd hard tail bobber
    94-kx 125
    86-xr 600r
    86-250sx
    86-250r
    85-250r
    54-hd panhead

Russell 350X is offline Testicles between my toes at the devils backbone Teaching quads a lesson
    --
    Where abouts is Greenwood lake and lake George? I may be interested in going.
    TF 07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14!
    Raffa's IceFest 08, 09, 10,11,13!

SAY IT!!!!!BUD LIGHTS AND RED LIGHTS!!!!!!

--
    greenwood lake is off exit 17 on the nys thruway I87, lake george is exit 21 on the northway I87. always a fun time in lake george.
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate - kx cylinder, kx ignition, bassani headpipe, answer silencer, v-force reeds, 38mm airstyker carb, +2 franks swinger, raptor rear shock.

1996 YSF240 Blaster - maxxed out!!!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "HOLY SH-T, what a ride!"

--
    is green wood lake thing gonna happen
    04-hd soft tail night train
    99-hd hard tail bobber
    94-kx 125
    86-xr 600r
    86-250sx
    86-250r
    85-250r
    54-hd panhead

--
    hey pete

The GWL idea was first thrown out there by Riverrat, but he has not been around in a while, so I don't know about an "official" poker run. He is the organizer, and I can help out, but since I don't get up to the lake that often, I cannot do it myself. Another wildcard is the weather. It's still danm warm out for the lake to freeze. We will have to wait a little longer to be sure. The weekend would be on Presidents Day in February because that is when the town has the winter carnival. We will be racing that weekend for sure.

We race there all the time anyway. I don't go every weekend, but do get a few weekends at the lake. There is a group at the track every weekend though. As it gets closer, I will let you know what is happening. Right now, I am getting my bikes ready to race.

Hey Mr. Raffa....when does your lake freeze? By MLK weekend?

--
    Blog Entries
    depends chris,, good week of zero out should do it ..jan,feb,march..Ive seen it not freeze before..my fingers are crossed..hopefully after christmas we'll have a idea

--
    ditto.....OK sounds good.

--

Um, I scc Ice in the near future

Hmmm, lets see. I got over a foot of snow on the ground and the damn sleds are flying by. Im thinking we will be racing in the very near future. Whats the deal with the lakes we want to go to. Green Wood and Lake George are a must. Oneida Lake here where I live here in Syracuse is cool and its 30 miles long and smack dab in the center of New York
    Its a shallow lake and there are plenty of bays where they race anything from Sailboats on skates to cars. Im sure we can fit alot of trikes on there. I do believe there is an annual event there also, so I will look and see. Lots of motels and Hotels within a mile of the lake. Lets get this solid so we can plan for some events.

PS.
    The Tecate goes to the builders this weekend so it looks like there will be some green on the lakes finally this winter. It feels good to know that shes gonna be done and race ready in the near future. See ya on the ice people.
    84-85 Custom Tecate

2006 Suzuki King Quad

--
    Blog Entries
    the north end of my lake freezes first , real shallow, nothing yet..
    few lakes over is only 30' deep at the deepest ,,and freezes faily quick

I have been looking at the local farmers ponds,, they are froze over

--

Lets all go to Raffa's House

Woo hoo winter Trikefest at Raffa's. I say we get all the ATC's hard tails out on the farm ponds for some serious close quarter Ice racing action
    I wish I still had that 125 M for that. That would be so fun and a great party.
    I have a few secret ponds I got my eye on for testing but no plow. Guess I will just have to wipe her off with lots of sideways action. Gonna have the 200x and the Tecate out there, and maybe my King Quad for the Film crew That was a new quad untill I let a friend ride her. Shes all messed up but is a trooper . She just needs some major surgery.
    Raffa, your gonna make at least a couple of these events I hope. Got to chill with you and have a great weekend of frozen fun.
    Still hav'nt heard from Mike. He must be busy. Hope he can make some races.
    Nows the time to start getting solid plans and finding out who can go where. Im going all in as Ice racing and Flat tracking are my favorite.
    84-85 Custom Tecate

2006 Suzuki King Quad

--
    Blog Entries
    yes yes I will after Christmas. I'm really gonna buckle down on my two bikes
    and hope to make it to all of them ..and will be on the ice every weekend ,,as long as it lasts.. I need to get up to mikes and help him get his bike straitened out..

it will be a wile before my lake freezes

soon.. man.. soon.. get your bike done ..good god.. I bet that will feel good after 10 years!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Meat-BoX View Post
    Woo hoo winter Trikefest at Raffa's. I say we get all the ATC's hard tails out on the farm ponds for some serious close quarter Ice racing action
    The ALTs, 70s, and 110s will be brought out at the Pennsyltucky ride .

You guys organize it and I'll get there
    Nate

The Myth, The MAN, The Legend
    R.I.P HRR

Quote Originally Posted by honda250sx View Post
    Fact: Dr. Death is Bob from Enzyte.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //