//ArrowChat Code
Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Tier Tri-z - REINCARNATED

--
    And Nate thought we were crazy haha. Thanks Raffa. Always quick with a camera and answers!

--
    Decided on a grab bar. Love my other PRM grabber and went with the same damn model just cause it rocks. PRM also included 250sx tail light mounts that I plan to weld to this grabber so i can use honda's nice little rubber mounts to suspend my YFZ450 tail light on it.

Should be here tomorrow!

--
    I am currently trying to figure out what I can do to run an airfiter on the tri-z. I am going to be running corey's new intake on a cylinder with ronnie's porting. Im feeding it with the ever popular 39mm PWK. What do you guys run for a filter that run these carbs. Stock airbox just doesnt seem ethical. Clamp on's??? Pics of your setups always appreciated!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by honda250sx View Post
    I am currently trying to figure out what I can do to run an airfiter on the tri-z. I am going to be running corey's new intake on a cylinder with ronnie's porting. Im feeding it with the ever popular 39mm PWK. What do you guys run for a filter that run these carbs. Stock airbox just doesnt seem ethical. Clamp on's??? Pics of your setups always appreciated!
    In the phase 2 wrench report they list a K&N (looks like it came off a carbed truck) that secures under the seat to the 90* rubber intake piece. The filter is still available from K&N if you'd like to go that route

And i remember now, just been a while.
    Nate

The Myth, The MAN, The Legend
    R.I.P HRR

Fact: Dr. Death is Bob from Enzyte.

--
    Blog Entries
    K&N with a outerware and 12- 1" uni vents in the the stock air box & lid. With the rubber stuffer on the front of the box pulled out. it keeps the filter cleaner and still get plenty of air.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0393.JPG  

--
    Why not just run it with the lid off?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by clutchcargo View Post
    Why not just run it with the lid off?
    I'm guessing his filter stays cleaner that way
    Nate

The Myth, The MAN, The Legend
    R.I.P HRR

Fact: Dr. Death is Bob from Enzyte.

--
    i got the " come get some " set up the mantis, and ill get you pic of the red/black one. i used a 12 inch k@n with a 4 long billet tube, it has the top mount alumuim tank though. it comes back half way under the seat
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ready.JPG  
    1985 With "86" Plastic's,Custom 12" Alluminum Extended Swing Arm,39MM PWK,"TRX" Filter,9 Paddle TALLER HALLER'S on 11" Wide Rim's,LOT'S of Stainless,LOT'S of Alluminum,LOT'S of PowderCoating,NOTHING Stock..

FASTEST Tri-Z on The Planet...MAKE A NOTE !! and the SECOND FASTEST, WRITE IT DOWN AGAIN!!!

--
    Nathan how did ronnie hook the mantis up like that? Any closer "undercover" photo's?

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    I am running a Pwk 39 with a pod filter straight off the carb on My big bore.

It has a 20 degree boot with a 4 inch pod filter.I had to trim down the boot at the carb a little.I measured the OD of the carb and the amount of area to the tank,went to K&N site and ordered by the dimensions I came up with.
    I had to relocate The over flow bottle.
    I moved it up to where the airbox "was" and zip tied it to the center frame rail.(Kinda hokey I know,I wanted to make a bracket or use a Shee bracket,but have not gotten to it yet)It works fine though.

I dont remember the part # off hand,but I can try to find it.

The only downfall to this is,when I need to clean the filter,I have to unbolt the 2 front plastic bolts under the seat to get enough room to remove it.But in reality,It isnt any more complex than servicing the stock filter.And at least I know I am getting a good seal,unlike the stock airbox.

But since I only drag it,I do not have to clean the filter too often.

Your Machine is coming along nicely.You are doing a great job.

EDIT:I will go upload pics here now.Give me a few minutes.

Last edited by Mosh; 05-08-2008 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Added pics
    Here is where my long useless list of stuff nobody cares about should go...

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    Rob without guys like you and Raffa...where would I be! I was actually thinking of getting a YFZ 450 coolant resi and moving it back to where the grab bar is tucked up nicely bolted to the frame. That way the height will be the same for the resi and i gain that much room for a filter. I am really going for a setup much like you described. But if i can i may try to develope something like what ronnie has on the mantis. Thats kinda nice and much easier for removal.

--
    This will give you the idea. This is meant to be mounted on the left hand side but due to the exhaust on the z being on that side I would mount it on the right hand side of the subframe. Wouldn't take much to make up a nice mount and move the resi over there.

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Nice Idea,with the fo fiddy bottle.

Ronnies set-up is trick too,Ronnie's if I recall had a tube going up the back bone like the stock set-up,but made from billet.

I figured with the 310 motor,it would like the extra gulp of air without all the extra bends and curves,that the factory set-up restricts.

Obviously,I could have cut out my plastic,but did not want to hack it up for this filter.

I saw that you said the OEM rear plastic was available yet.Did they check if there were still units on hand?

Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by Mosh; 05-08-2008 at 06:36 PM.

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    When i checked with them yesterday they had all three avail. What throttle cable do you have on that pwk. I was told 83 250r. I got one and the only way i could run it is if i take the locking nut off of the end and remove the locking nut on the cable guide on top of the carb. I am running a TRX250R throttle too. Thanks for the quick pics. If you get a number for that filter let me know. I LIKES IT!

--
    I custom made that cable.I think it originated from a 85 250R,and I shortened the steel cable and re-atached the carb end.I also run a Sprock billet thumb throttle.So maybe that has something to do with my custom set-up.I cant remember anymore.Man I am gettin old.LOL

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //