//ArrowChat Code
Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Tier Tri-z - REINCARNATED

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 250sxwheeliepop View Post
    Definatly comming together, slowely yet surely. I think I'm going to go with the yz490 OMF engine skid. Raffa has used them and they are close to bolting up if they arent a direct swap.
    Yeah I know its not a build of epic proportions in 20 days or something of that nature. But take a look at the big picture here. 90% of the powdercoating was done by myself. Takes alot of time and prep work. All of the parts used to rebuild EVERYTHING is OEM yamaha. This Z has the finest of upgrades. All the bells and whistles. All of which cost serious CASH. Thats what takes time.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by honda250sx View Post
    Yeah I know its not a build of epic proportions in 20 days or something of that nature. But take a look at the big picture here. 90% of the powdercoating was done by myself. Takes alot of time and prep work. All of the parts used to rebuild EVERYTHING is OEM yamaha. This Z has the finest of upgrades. All the bells and whistles. All of which cost serious CASH. Thats what takes time.
    Oh i know it. We have all followed the build and seen the cash the Z has had poured on it. You've done an amazing job with that Z and never half assed anything, always went the extra distance to rebuild everything. It'll be in the top tier thing here shortly, just some PMs need to be sent
    Nate

The Myth, The MAN, The Legend
    R.I.P HRR

Fact: Dr. Death is Bob from Enzyte.

--
    Today the front TUSK typhoon rotor showed up and I knew it was going to so I jetted outta work early to come home and play with the Z. Went on just as I expected. Flawless. Super trick and easy.

--
    Powdercoated this today and got the nice OMF sticker on there and bolted her up with some nice stainless. Looks wicked!!

--
    Very Nice Work!
    1985 YAMAHA TRI-Z 250 sold

2006 YFZ 450

--
    Holy crap is that the one you made for yourself or did OMF make you that as well i only thought they made the swingarm skidder? can you make more?
    2- 85 Tri-Z's black and Yellow
    2- 85 250SX's
    1- 85 200X
    3-ATC 70's
    2- 85 tri-zinger's who needs some parts

--
    Ripper - I was informed by Daraugh "Bones" Flynn at OMF performance in riverside,ca that they STILL make this engine skidplate after I had made this from stainless! He was unaware that they were still offering these skidplates until I inquired about them so he asked the fab guys. So I ordered up my rear swingarm skidplate then instead. You can still get both of these for your TRI-Z. They require about 2-3 weeks lead time.

I will not be making any of these. I just pretty much made one for myself.

--
    Wow, just wow. This trike is just awesome! I can't wait to see the finished pics.

--
    By the way, to order the tusk rotors, what bike did you use for the parts interchange so the rotors fit. Banshee rear? or Honda front? My rear rotor is bent a little and I may order one as a replacement.

--
    04 YFZ 450 rear rotors. Just have to file out the bolt pattern just a touch and they go on real easy. Both the rear and and the front utilize that same rotor. The rear you will have to space over accordingly to accept the brake caliper

250rfan is offline Sickest custom 450R ever. Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Powdercoated this today and got the nice OMF sticker on there and bolted her up with some nice stainless. Looks wicked!!

Real good workmanship here,,,, ,,,,just wondering tho, do you need a hole in the skid plate for draining the oil?

1986 ATC 70
    1985 ATC 250R - Hondaline Special
    1985 ATC 250R - Flat Track 'Privateer'
    1985 ATC 250R - HRC 450RR.
    1986 ATC 250R - HRC Flat Track.
    1998 Honda Laegers TRX 250R (CT 350 PV) N/F cr500 link.
    1998 Honda Laegers TRX 250R (Sparks 330) N/F cr500 link.
    1999 Honda Laegers TRX 250R (Sparks 330) N/F cr500 link.
    2016 Yamaha Laeger's Banshee YFZ 350 (DRI 350) N/F cr500 link.

--
    04 YFZ 450 rear rotors. Just have to file out the bolt pattern just a touch and they go on real easy. Both the rear and and the front utilize that same rotor. The rear you will have to space over accordingly to accept the brake caliper
    Thanks! I appreciate it.

--
    Rfan. you bet. that will be handled with a knockout after i install the motor to locate where it needs to be installed at.

Cargo. No problem

--
    Anyone interested in Oversized Tri-Z radiators???? Check out the new product forum!

--
    Scored this earlier in the week. Seller posted this on ebay and I wanted to snag it before it went for some ridiculous fortune I didnt want to pay. Seller removed it from the bay and was more than generous with the price.

Got it mounted up along with mosh's repro shrouds. Looks pretty killer! Definetly happy about how its coming together. Finishing touches will be the engine and shock for the rear. The brand new OMF swingarm skidplate thats coming from BONES! And of course a cosmicquads seat!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //