//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Tier Tri-z - REINCARNATED

--

Top Tier Tri-z - REINCARNATED

Well after about 8 hrs to and fro travel and one seriously packed chevy equinox, I rolled into south charlotte,nc where i am working currently with something i have always wanted. I ended up getting this tri-z from a new member to the boards BadPredator04, Dave from atlanta,ga. We had to dissassemble her in order to sneak it into my small suv. It was overall a pleasure to deal with Dave. I paid an extremely fair price for it and got a bunch of spare parts. Overall it runs really well and is strong. Great compression and solid trans. I cant wait to start on this project when i get back to ny in october. From now till then i will be building an inventory for the build. Look forward to your guys questions and input along the way.

Last edited by honda250sx; 05-12-2010 at 08:38 PM. Reason: new title

--
    are you going to ride around with that for the next three months in your car?
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 200E yard rat
    1984 ATC 200X
    1984 ATC 200S (X2)
    1985 ATC 70 (X2)
    1985 ATC 200S
    1985 ATC 250R
    1986 TRX 70
    1986 ATC 350X
    2004 kfx 700 XC
    2006 prarie 700 XC
    2009 Brute Force 750
    2020 CF Moto 600

--
    Haha, no. I have a garage in my apartment complex where she resides now.

Dustin87R is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Congrats! I just picked up an 85 tecate on thursday.How much did you end up paying for it I know he had it advertised on craigslist for $700.00

--
    It was close to that. Super nice guy to say the least.He paid alot more for it just a few years ago and sunk some money into and just wanted to get rid of it. He was getting married and had to many toys. I was stoked to get it! Just like any 21 yr old machine it needs some serious love. But with guys like sprock and ronnie spitting out all kinds of awesome stuff how can you help but not want to build a tri-z these days.

--
    Blog Entries
    sweet man nice find and grab!! now get going LOL akron drags are in oct!!!

--
    Raffa, I wont be home from the carolinas by then to even start brother. But we will be there with our dragster and maybe Our NEW dragster! Can you say 4 yamaha 4stroke sled engines inline in a rail drag chassis. Thats right brother! Yamaha has teamed up with us for our latest creations and its gunna be SICK. We will be there running sleds!

--
    Blog Entries
    your gonna need it..if purple haze is there... that thing is super duper, crazy,stupid F A S T!!!! what motor ya useing?

see how its parked next to the crapper.... thats so you can get off and run to clean yourself up
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_3091.JPG   100_3092.JPG   100_3095.JPG   100_3097.JPG   100_3101.JPG   100_3096.JPG  

--
    Mother of god. That thing better be in a class of its own. Ridiculous. Price Perf Big Bore motor. I believe they used to be on Grand Island NY. Nasty big bore motors!

--
    Love to see - you put it in the back of your Luxury SUV !

Did your leather seats get ripped ?

ColeTrickle is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    glad to see another Tri-Z with a twist throttle, the only way to go IMO! Have fun getting her minted out!

--
    Lmfao luxury. Shes just a work vehicle. Work pays for her to see the road. No leather seats were hurt in this move. They smell of super techniplate though! The twist throttle is whooped. Ex-owner did include a damn near new thumb throttle though and new cable. It was a highlight getting her in there.

On the way back to carolina i got pulled over in south carolina for a 89 in 60. Trooper was a young guy and he was like God'damn a tri-z, went on to tell me a story about having one as a kid. Ask where i got it and where i was going. Called me a yankee and told me to slow the hell down and to have fun with it! Phewwwwwwwww.

--
    holy crap raffa !!!!! that thing has to be fast. i love the name of it too.
    down to parts because i no longer have a place to ride trikes.

GIT IT RAAAGGGGG !!!!

--

Slowly but surely making progress

Well I finally got myself and my Z back home to snowy new york mid october. I have been collecting alot of parts here and there for the rebuild process. I have been taking apart things little by little and completely refurbishing everything. Fortunate for me I work at a yamaha dealer part time and can get all that i need at cost. I also do my own powdercoat and blasting to cut costs. Here are some pics......

Misc. Parts redone. Epoxy gloss black powder

YFZ450 front master for the Z outfitted with ASV lever and rotating clamp.

NOS 40 tooth sprocket with chrome powder hub. All OEM fastners.

Completely rebuilt calipers. All OEM hardware used. Pads,bolts,bleeder,seal kits

Made some 4x100 to 4x110 adaptors for the stock hubs so I can run Honda rims

Rebuilt rear master. All OEM hardware used. Epoxy gloss black powder

Pro Taper bars

NOS goodies. Kicker,YFZ450 LED tailight, fuelpump, shift shaft, chain sliders, hour meter

NOS cables. Trick stainless brake lines.

Sprock CoolHead 24cc dome, hagen's stator cover, Billet triple chrome grips, inline cooler
    Last edited by honda250sx; 04-21-2008 at 10:27 AM.

--
    Red forkboots, new x-ring chain, allballs chain roller, ASV clutch lever and perch.

LoneStar billet banshee axle locknut
    Last edited by honda250sx; 04-21-2008 at 10:28 AM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //