//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Help, pride is on the line

--

Help, pride is on the line

Hi every one. I'm new to the Site and love it. I was given a 1985 200x in great condition. I grew up riding this same bike, but it was my dads. Now that I have my own I decided to pump it up and see how fast I can get it to go. I am trying to see If I can beat my brother on his new 2007 suz Z400 on the straight away. Hes talking allot of garbage. I found a cool site called powroll products where I can get a stroke kit and get it bored out with the high compression piston with a jet kit to run race gas. with a race cam,I can also send in the heads to to have them all rebuilt. They said all this would over double the horse power. but I'm not sure if that will beat my brother. doing all this would cost me about 1,000 bucks. so my question is does any one think this is enough to win or is there any other suggestions?

edog is offline I'm like an Original Gangsta...but a post whore instead. The day begins with 3WW
    --
    If you do this you MUST Cryogenic Freeze the trans.

http://www.cryoplus.com/

It sound like it will be close race.

--

I have no Idea

That kinda sounds important, but I have no idea what that is. Is there any way you could fill me in?

--
    Nitrous oxide may provide some insurance...
    2-stroke lover

Mike_Ham_250R is offline Even team-red-rider is cooler then me. Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    I think by the time you have a 200x that will eat a z400 it will be pretty unreliable and probably cost as much or more as what a used z400 goes for. Or you could get a dirtbike and smoke him .
    -Mike

--
    OK! Woo i love 200x posts. Buy EVERYTHING from www.powroll.com that will boost up your 200x! Get the head ported by NOS350x here on the boards, get a 30mm carb, NOS of cours(we're talkin Z400!!), regear for the 300ft I'm guessing, some NICE gripp tires, start shaving weight off of the bike, a NICE bassani or so exhaust, and badaboom badabing!

You might keep up, but you may(in the end) blow up. Good luck!
    Rest in peace Rex Carlson

--
    I know how these pride wars go... They seldom make sence, but its too late now... Go get em'... I am sure it is very possible to if you are willing to pay for it... And your brother has much more to lose...just think how stupid he will look even if he barely wins...
    2-stroke lover

--
    I think its time to sell the X and buy a liquid twostroke.
    My Feedback 85 TECATE 500 08 Honda 450R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreenMachine View Post
    I think its time to sell the X and buy a liquid twostroke.

^^^as above^^^

--
    The treatment will make your transmission alot tougher.
    1986 200x- old school D.I.D wheels, Gold D.I.D X-Ring Chain, Rad MFG. Carrier, PRM Grab Bar, Pro Circuit T-4 custom, Maier plastics, 85x forks, 18x10.5x8 kenda klaw mxr's on itp steels, the money pit never ends

2004 YFZ450 - CP 12.5:1, cam mod , gibson nerfs, hmf pipe, protaper bars + risers, dg bumper/skids, holeshot gncc's on itps, cycra handguard and more stuff to come.

--
    dont wait the money, maybe you could fit a 400ex motor in your 200x? either that or just drain the oil outta that z400 and by the end of a race you'll win.

--
    santa barbara Coo im from fresno. Drop *Edited**Edited* engine off here for 2 weeks when you get it back it will haul ass. BUT Its still a 200x. Guys lets be honest with ourselves its probably NOT going to be a decent running z400. It would be no big deal to make one run with a 350x or 400, but beating is going to be a diffrent story. By the time your going th have a timebomb and still going to get *Edited**Edited* butt handed to you in 90 percent of races.

--
    Contact me or Billy if you want the real lowdown on built 200x's.

The short of it, dont waste your breath. A z400 is simply a superior motor with twice the displacement. 30 horse stock compared to about 12. Years ago my father and I built a 200x with alot of good advice from sparks racing. The motor screamed compared to stock. Didnt last long. Tried running it a few times and I ended up going back to stock 200x's until I got my 250r.

The 86 model holds up a bit better to mods. Simply put, by the time you get into the area of a good running 300ex horsepower wise, the 200 motor just doesnt hold together.

Learn how to ride it and emberass him on the tight trails. Itll be even more fulfilling beating him with a cheap stock bike then wasting 1000's and still losing in the drags.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //