//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nitrous Oxide Sistem on 86R?

--
    Jason, Can you please explain???...Now I'm really lost.
    Doesn't it has one already ?(the little box on the left rear)
    TORKER.
    THOSE WHO SAY IT CANNOT BE DONE, SHOULD NOT GET IN THE WAY OF THOSE BUSY DOING IT...

--
    Could be the voltage regulator, you also need a rectifier to get 12v DC.
    1984 250r
    heap of 200x
    POS motorcraft?

Quote Originally Posted by JAGSFOLIFE
    THOSE F^@&ERS ARE DEATH TRAPS, BUT SO BAD @$$...
    Quote Originally Posted by yamaha gp
    trikes... DANGEROUS MOTHER F***S. BUDDY LOST HALF HIS SPLEEN AND A LIVER BECAUSE OF ONE OF THEN. HAHAH
    Quote Originally Posted by smackdab
    We decided those cute little 90 and 110 Honda 3 wheelers were what we all needed. Although our experience with those little SOB's is a story for another day, I will tell you that the Caro Community Hospital got new waiting room furniture due to those cute little devils.

--
    Can someone go into a little more detail on this?
    What kind of voltage does the headlight use?
    As you can see I'm not very good on electrical stuff.
    Can someone clarify this?

TORKER.
    THOSE WHO SAY IT CANNOT BE DONE, SHOULD NOT GET IN THE WAY OF THOSE BUSY DOING IT...

--
    Regulator keeps the alternating current from your stator from exceeding like 12 or 14 volts, other wise it would spike up when your RPM got higher and blow out your headlight or instruments. The rectifier converts the a/c 12 volt to direct current 12 volt which is needed to run certain electronics. Your headlight runs off of the a/c right now, but the solenoid needs direct current to work. Same type thing as if you tried to run a car starter from a wall outlet. Hope that helps, I'm no electrical guru either.
    1984 250r
    heap of 200x
    POS motorcraft?

Quote Originally Posted by JAGSFOLIFE
    THOSE F^@&ERS ARE DEATH TRAPS, BUT SO BAD @$$...
    Quote Originally Posted by yamaha gp
    trikes... DANGEROUS MOTHER F***S. BUDDY LOST HALF HIS SPLEEN AND A LIVER BECAUSE OF ONE OF THEN. HAHAH
    Quote Originally Posted by smackdab
    We decided those cute little 90 and 110 Honda 3 wheelers were what we all needed. Although our experience with those little SOB's is a story for another day, I will tell you that the Caro Community Hospital got new waiting room furniture due to those cute little devils.

--
    Heres the setup I was talking about. Also I know 3razors has NOS on his KX500 conversion.

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...hlight=nitrous
    My Feedback 85 TECATE 500 08 Honda 450R

--
    You would be best to use a Regulator / Rectifier. I used one from a Honda lawnmower to run my Nitrous solinoid's, bottle warmer, fuel pump & to charge a small Battery.

Like the other's said, Your stock headlight run's on AC, the rectifier will convert that to DC. The Regulator/Rectifier I used has a signal wire to tell the regulator how much voltage Is In the battery, It will then put out more voltage as It's needed (More Load, more voltage).

83 ATC 60-R Cr60 converted with Zinger parts.
    83 ATC 70.
    83 Tri zinger
    ATC 85-R Cr85 engine on shortened 86-R frame.
    ATC450AF
    86 310-R Drag racer
    440 snowmobile powered custom built.
    87 Cr 500 Converted to Drag racer

--
    If you are looking for real nitrous power a wet NOS kit or NX express kit is needed. Boondockers is for the kids. I wouldn't try and run your solenoids off you headlights power. A small 12 volt sealed battery from a scooter will give a reliable power supply. You can also wire the micro switch into the throttle housing so that the nitrous is only injected at full throttle. Put your fogger in the intake manifold or on the transfers of the cylinder. Putting the fogger behind the carb. risks freezing the slide in the carb. Also avgas is not compatible with nitrous.
    Last edited by 3Razors; 08-13-2007 at 02:25 PM.
    4 Strokes are NOT the wave of the future!

--
    Thanks guys, I think I got it. I think...

TORKER.

--
    boondockers is for kids, like 3razors says. and it isn't a dry system, it sprays both fuel and nitrous unless it is specifically for efi. DRY ONLY WORKS WITH EFI, and even then it is limited to small amounts. wet is the only way to go and if torker, you spray "15 hp" worth of nitrous into your motor dry, it will not work, you can do it but it will not work. you will either blow your motor up and it will just bog and/or blow reeds out almost instantly. im not making this up and i have played with alot of nitrous, we go through 4-6 lbs every weekend. bottom line, spend the money to do it right or waste money and possibly pay the consequences. 3 razors knows what he talking about. i find the best place is to put the nozzle between the reed cage and the carb, run the system off of a standalone battery, and only use it at wide open, otherwise you risk the flame travelling up the "fog" of nitrous up to the nozzle. which i have also witnessed in real-life, lol....
    1985 Honda ATC250R drag trike with s/t kit and full drag CR hybrid motor and drag chassis...
    1986 Honda ATC250R daily rider fully modded engine, +4 swinger,etc...
    1997 Polaris Storm 800 triple, boyesen reeds, dg individual silencers, 240 studs, 123mph on radar...

--
    Ok then. I guess that for now I'll just race without NOS as I'm a firm believer in the "do it right the first time" and enjoy it.

Thanks a lot guys!!!
    3WW RULES!!!!!!!!!

TORKER.

Mike_Ham_250R is offline Even team-red-rider is cooler then me. Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Before you go ahead trying to utilize a Nitrous Oxide kit on a 2-stroke you should probably learn how to spell SYSTEM. Just my opinion.
    -Mike

--
    Can nitrous be plumbed directly into the crankcase? or will it blow out the reeds? I was thinking that if it could be plumbed into the case, it would be much easier to hide the nozzle...
    2-stroke lover

--
    ?????? I have no clue. But I do know that some systems are put directly in the transfer ports.

TORKER.

WLL is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    nos is much better with fuel injection ,dont wast your time or money
    [B][I][U][SIZE="5"] TURN THE SWITCH ON DUMMY!!! thada boy.
    click here and drag edog is gay over here [B][I][U][SIZE="6"]

--

Nope, Buba

Can someone here show me how to install a NITROUS OXIDE sistem on my 250R?
    " I have no clue how to do it on a 2 stroke.

1. How to power the selenoids? (I know there are 12 volts somewhere)
    2. Where to put the fogger(s) and how to do it reliably and well?
    3. It needs to be simple (it will be temporary)"

"

There is NOT 12 volts on that machine, its upwards of 45 volts AC when the engine is above 2400 RPM. A rectifier is NOT enough, must have a regulator also.

Learn to tune that engine and the power you get out should scare the p out of you. Nitrous is for those that cant tune an engine properly, it makes up for excess fuel which wouldnt be there if it were tuned to a tee.

Mine is a totally stock engine, including bore and stroke, and the power just blows the first 3 gears off. I cant get enough traction to use it.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //