//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Polaris star motor wiring diagram?

trimoto.125 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

Polaris star motor wiring diagram?

Does anyone know where I can find an old polaris star "free air" wiring diagram 1976-1979 I think on the web?

--
    Hey bro, check out vintagesleds.com. post in the classifieds. also see nhsnowmobilemuseum.com. Again post in the classified sections. Someone will be able to help you there. I do alot of vintage sled stuff. But not polaris......... Sorry bro hope that helps

--
    what model ? i have so many i can scan. i just have to find them. i had a 79 polaris gemini 244 lol it was slow but a blast. its all i know is vintage sleds.
    down to parts because i no longer have a place to ride trikes.

GIT IT RAAAGGGGG !!!!

--
    Lol to tell you the truth, I don't know what model the Polaris motor is.All I know is that itr says "polaris star motor"on the recoil and its a "free air" with dual carbs.I couldn't find the displacement of the motor.Oh yeah and there are three bolts for the cylinder head.I'd say it's either a 250 or a 340.It could be out of a colt or tx or an apollo. I have 29 sleds but no polaris ones.

--
    sounds like a colt ss to me. there should be numbers stamped somewhere on the cylinders. they dont tell the cc but i can use them to look up the engine model.

GIT IT RAAAGGGGG !!!!

--
    I found a set of numbers near the bottom of the right cylinder by the recoil.Here hey are...EC34PM-04.

--
    ok i will dig out the book asap

GIT IT RAAAGGGGG !!!!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by trimoto.125 View Post
    I found a set of numbers near the bottom of the right cylinder by the recoil.Here hey are...EC34PM-04.
    looks like you've got a 340 fanner from a cobra there. Might be from a later sled too though, my manual only goes up to 1979.
    1984 250r
    heap of 200x
    POS motorcraft?

Quote Originally Posted by JAGSFOLIFE
    THOSE F^@&ERS ARE DEATH TRAPS, BUT SO BAD @$$...
    Quote Originally Posted by yamaha gp
    trikes... DANGEROUS MOTHER F***S. BUDDY LOST HALF HIS SPLEEN AND A LIVER BECAUSE OF ONE OF THEN. HAHAH
    Quote Originally Posted by smackdab
    We decided those cute little 90 and 110 Honda 3 wheelers were what we all needed. Although our experience with those little SOB's is a story for another day, I will tell you that the Caro Community Hospital got new waiting room furniture due to those cute little devils.

--
    Its not a f/c its a free air because there is no fan shroud and the fins a spaced out more than a fan cooled fins are.

--
    http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgur...3D10%26hl%3Den

I'm pretty sure this is the motor.

--
    hmmm, I wonder if someone put the free air cylinders on a different base then, I'm just going off what the numbers matched in my service manual. Does it look like there were ever part of a fan casing on the crank case?
    1984 250r
    heap of 200x
    POS motorcraft?

Quote Originally Posted by JAGSFOLIFE
    THOSE F^@&ERS ARE DEATH TRAPS, BUT SO BAD @$$...
    Quote Originally Posted by yamaha gp
    trikes... DANGEROUS MOTHER F***S. BUDDY LOST HALF HIS SPLEEN AND A LIVER BECAUSE OF ONE OF THEN. HAHAH
    Quote Originally Posted by smackdab
    We decided those cute little 90 and 110 Honda 3 wheelers were what we all needed. Although our experience with those little SOB's is a story for another day, I will tell you that the Caro Community Hospital got new waiting room furniture due to those cute little devils.

--
    nope

Did you see the link i'm pretty sure thats the sled.Has same carb airfilters,dualcarbs,free air,4 bolts for head cylinder,clutch looks similar except mine is silver,single y pipe exhaust manifold.

--
    i had a 73 colt 294ss that was exactly like what you are discribing but as toocheap said those numbers are off a 340 fan cooled polaris. unless polaris used the same cyl. on diff. model sleds. hard to say without seeing it.

GIT IT RAAAGGGGG !!!!

--
    How can I attach a pic so it wold be on my sig

--
    Oh i just found another set of numbers under the exhaust manifold.404825.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //