//ArrowChat Code

Thread: is this true? 200X 10.25:1 piston cant feel performance increase?

--

is this true? 200X 10.25:1 piston cant feel performance increase?

so i was talking to G&H discount atv on ebay a while ago, and i inquired about a wiseco 10.25:1 piston for a 84 200X. G&H told me that it was not worth spending $100 or so to get a wiseco piston because it only raises the compression 4.25 and you cant feel the power difference between a stock 9.6:1 piston and a wiseco 10.25:1 piston. is this true? or if you get a wiseco 10.25:1 piston is there a noticeable increase in power over stock? any thoughts or help? thanks.
    My Rides
    1983 ATC200 - U-Haul edition - great mudder - SOLD
    1984 ATC200X - sucked a valve - frame up resto & engine rebuild with performance parts in the works
    1987 Suzuki DR200
    199? Go-ped Sport

--
    well I imagine there might be a little performance gain, but if your gonna up your compression even by that little your gonna have to run a higher octane fuel with the stock ignition. Honda basically get's the most compression they can stock with still allowing you to use pump gas. So if your gonna up the compression, get a higher comp. piston or get that 10.25:1 piston and mill the head. Since you'd be crossing that pump gas threshold you mine as well make it like 11:1+ i think..........
    "I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience." -Patrick Henry

NEW ENGLAND ATC owners please join!:http://www.3wheelerworld.com/group.php?groupid=27

--
    You will feel a difference. Especially with a fresh bore.

If your going to get into the engine that far you may as well upgrade the cam as well.
    My Feedback 85 TECATE 500 08 Honda 450R

--
    yea 10.25:1 will wake it up. i no longer listen to e-ebay sellers. more times than not they just want you to buy something bigger that costs allot more coin.
    down to parts because i no longer have a place to ride trikes.

GIT IT RAAAGGGGG !!!!

--
    I tell you after this weekend. We're installing the Webcam, 10.5:1 Wiseco and the heavy valve springs. Along with a Cobra and rejetting. Parts will be in Friday...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    It’s been 15 years did the parts arrive lol. I have to get used to this forum so many times I get interested and then the whole thread goes dead

plevib is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Az200x View Post
    It’s been 15 years did the parts arrive lol. I have to get used to this forum so many times I get interested and then the whole thread goes dead
    Then quit commenting on 15 year old threads. Seriously, it just clutters up the feed man

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Atc 500x for the win! (Hopefully.... one day)

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //