//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Honda 200 Rebuild

mike84bigred is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

Honda 200 Rebuild

Who here has bored out a Honda 200, not X, put a wiseco piston in and had success? How much did you bore, and what size piston did you get? It dosen't burn oil but I have some serious power loss issues. Also performance cam, where do you get one and any diffrence. Help me out. My machine is not very fun to ride anymore.
    84'200s (Dad bought new in 84, long gone)
    84'YTM200 (sold 02)
    85'KLT160 (sold 05)
    84' Big Red (Cobra exhaust,good shape) sold in 08
    84' Big Red (Parts Bike, runs good though)sold in 08
    85' 250SX (New plastic, Clark Plastic Gas Tank, Web Cam Camshaft, Cobra Exhaust, Moose Jet Kit, etc..) sold in 2010 and highly regret!!!
    04 Polaris Sportsman (Swapped 400 motor with a 500, Polaris wheels w/Kendra Bearclaws, Moose Fender Flares, Brushguard, Warn Winch)
    84 200s (Needs work!)

--
    Quote Originally Posted by mike84bigred View Post
    Who here has bored out a Honda 200, not X, put a wiseco piston in and had success? How much did you bore, and what size piston did you get? It dosen't burn oil but I have some serious power loss issues. Also performance cam, where do you get one and any diffrence. Help me out. My machine is not very fun to ride anymore.
    I have bored a 200. A 200S and a 200X. (doesn't matter what 200 it is, they all nearly the same cylinder)
    You want to bore it just up to the next piston size. So if you ever have to do it again, you can. If you go to the max you won't be able to bore it again. Max on the 200 is 67mm I think.
    Stock is 65mm. You could go with a 65.5mm piston.
    Where you can gain some power with a 200 is by upping the compression. Stock, on a 200s anyway, is 7.8 to 1. So you can go cheaply and get a stock 200X piston for it, which is 65.5mm and 9.6 to 1. Nice upgrade. or an aftermarket, like the Wiseco, get a 65.5mm 10.25 to 1. or a 12 to 1. I run a 12 to 1 65.5mm in my 200s.
    Cams, if you can find a used 200x cam or XR200 cam. that would be an upgrade. or go aftermarket, would be megacycle cams, or webb cam. Aftermarket ones will be some money too.
    You can upgrade to a larger carb also, go with an 84-85 200X carb, its a 24mm.

--
    i got my trike and it was already bored out. its bored 3mm with a wisco 10.25:1 piston and rings. the only problem is its not reliable. it starts hard and breaks recoils like no tomorrow. even with decompression the break. so i would only bore 1mm or 2mm over.

i also wouldnt go with 12:1 because it require 101 octain fuel (i think its 101) 10.25:1 is all you really need.

the 200x cam works good too. i have one in mine. i got it off ebay for 10 bucks cheap and it woke up the 200.

you could also get a lighten flywheel, port job, bigger carb, better exhaust, and so on as said already. ive had done all of the above to mine. works great and it is snappy. there is still a few thing to do yet but its getting there.
    down to parts because i no longer have a place to ride trikes.

GIT IT RAAAGGGGG !!!!

--
    Many people think boring out an engine is a big power upgrade. The only reason you ever need to bore out an engine is to repair the cylinder wall to a like new condition - ie - remove the bad scared or egg shapes cylinder wall. too many people think boring out an engine = performance. You'll gain a cc or two - that's about it. And like it was said above - you want to keep your bores as minimal as possible to if you ever scatter a top end you can re-bore without buying a whole new cylinder.
    RIP - Yamahondaman!! You will never be forgotten!
    RIP - Sam Brehm!! Gone but NEVER forgotten!
    RIP - Sandpuppi101 - You will live on in my mind - I miss you friend!

mike84bigred is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    ok cool. thanks.
    84'YTM200 (sold 02)
    85'KLT160 (sold 05)
    85' 250SX (New plastic, Clark Plastic Gas Tank, Web Cam Camshaft, Cobra Exhaust, Moose Jet Kit, etc..) sold in 2010 and highly regret!!!
    04 Polaris Sportsman (Swapped 400 motor with a 500, Polaris wheels w/Kendra Bearclaws, Moose Fender Flares, Brushguard, Warn Winch)
    84 200s (Needs work!)

--
    Would I need to pull the motor out to get the top end off?
    84'YTM200 (sold 02)
    85'KLT160 (sold 05)
    84 200s (Needs work!)

neo19672000 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I didnt take mine completly out just undid all the motor mounts and cantid it when i replased the rings. I actually had a noticable increase in power after replacing the rings, a new uni filter and a new cobra ( I know its crap but it has a spark arrester) utility series pipe.
    79 ATC 70 (Youngest Son's eventually)
    83 ALT 50 (My youngest Son's)
    85 ATC 70 (My Eldest Son's)
    85 ATC 250SX (The Wifes)
    85 TRI Z 250 (Mine)
    85 ATC 350X (Mine)
    93 KDX 250 SR (Mine Asian spec)
    97 RM 125 (The Wife's)
    02 ZXI 1100 Jet Ski (The Fam's)
    03 BUELL Blast (The Wife's)
    12 FXDWG103 (ALL MINE)

--
    Only bore it to the next required oversize as many above have stated. I rebuilt my 200M using a 200X piston and cam and am very happy with it.
    Join The Trike Registry Now!
    http://fly.to/TrikeHeaven

Don't be cheap! Go buy a manual!

--
    just have it bored to the 200x sized piston and put in 10.25:1 piston and rings along with a 200x cam and that alone should wake it up pretty good.

GIT IT RAAAGGGGG !!!!

--
    I understand the "next size" theory on a machine with an expensive replacement top end - but face it, these are the less desireable machines and they get parted all lthe time. Your top end stuff is fairly cheap. Then again, your bore size creates relatively little power, as mentioned. Consensus: 200x cam and carb is the easiest / cheapest way to wake it up.

post some pix of your build and tell us what you think of it.
    quiet people seem intelligent

--
    is not the idea of boring that wakes it up its the higher compression pistons and rings you put in it. but i must agree the 200x cam will be the cheapest and wake it up allot. but if you do all the little things such as port, get a pipe, bigger carb, and so on she will really wake up. my little pumped 200s engine has allot of work done to it and it moves pretty good. its no 250 but its a badass trail bike.

GIT IT RAAAGGGGG !!!!

--
    Cool. Can't wait to get started on it. Probably going to get going on it when the cold comes. I think I am going to take your guys advice and use the 200x bore with 10.25:1 compression ratio. 200x cam sounds good too if I can find one. And while i'm at it, I should look at my bent rear axle. I want to put an 84 trx rear end in it with suspension so if anyone has a whole rear end from one of these, let me know.
    84'YTM200 (sold 02)
    85'KLT160 (sold 05)
    84 200s (Needs work!)

MN250R is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Does anyone know if the electric starter on the 200 has enough torque to start the engine wi th h a 10.25.1 compression? Or would it be better to go with the 9.6.1 200x piston? Thx
    1986 ATC 350X
    1986 ATC Big Red 250ES

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Hey Rick,
    This thread is like 11 years old. I would just keep your questions in your other thread. We'll do our best to answer them there. Keeps all your info in one thread.

ETA: Looks like your head has a decompression lever, you'll be fine
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //