//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas tank polishing, Fix your old faded and oxidized plastic tanks to like NEW!

hadar is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --

L@@ks nice.

I'm going to give that a try on some of my old t3 tanks. Thanks for the info.

--
    Looks good Billy I might have to give it a try.
    "In a society that tries to standardize thinking, individuality is not highly prized." -
    -- Alex grey

--
    looks like your on to something there... real nice

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    pretty much finished it this afternoon but I haven't went back and got any new pics yet. The wash/scour pad thing works on taking the oxide off much better then the regular rag. It takes a little bit more buffing with the terry cloth to get the extra scratches out, but its not that bad.

--
    PICS PICS!!!

Nice find Billy, that tank is looking good!! Where the shrouds perfect? At first I thought, 80$ !! too much.... But then again it is a rare item (apparently the salvage yard knew) and you got the shrouds too. Not to mention that it seems to be cleaning up sweeeeeet. Hopefully it's done now.....
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Yeah it is done, I should go over tothe shop and take pics. I guess I'll be back in afew with some

--
    Blog Entries
    Guys I'm sorry about the low quality pictures...my camera SUCKS capturing under fluorescent lights and that is all there is in the shop. The camera did capture a few areas you cant tell are even there when looking at it normally, that I need to go back over. Its still much much better then it was to begin with. The only thing is that some of the polishing compound got stuck in the deep scrapes/gouges and it makes it show up much easier I think if you pressure washed it or something it would probably go away though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1010067 (Large).JPG   P1010076 (Large).JPG   P1010078 (Large).JPG  

--
    tyr using a toothbrush or something to that effect to remove the polish from the cracks and crevises. another thing i have found to work good on cleaning up fenders and such, mr clean magic erasers!!! work awesome. dulls them down a bit, but some armor all or polish to them after, they shine like a babys behind.
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate - kx cylinder, kx ignition, bassani headpipe, answer silencer, v-force reeds, 38mm airstyker carb, +2 franks swinger, raptor rear shock.

1996 YSF240 Blaster - maxxed out!!!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "HOLY SH-T, what a ride!"

--
    That turned out pretty good Billy. Thanks for the tips.

You know Scoot,, I was just thinking about using those mr. clean pads the other day! they seem to work on everything else,, why wouldn't it work on atv plastics.

--
    spray it with wd40 now and wipe down, that soaks into the plastic and gives it a nice shine

--
    Billy, awesome trick you got there! I tried it out on a old tank i had kickin around, i did however attack it with a razor to get the heavy oxidation off first, but wow does that mothers put a nice shine on!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC02210.JPG   DSC02211.JPG  

--
    Blog Entries
    Awesome! Glad to see some other folks trying it out too.

--
    another good thing for us in florida is MSI Ultragloss www.MSItrt.com i got a can from ronnie...this stuff is great. at $4.24 its a steal

--
    I had no idea that tank looked that bad before you polished it. Pictures do not do it justice. I also cannot beleive how smooth it felt.

85 Tri-Z's
    85 Quad-Z,
    85 YT175 For sale,
    83 YTM 225DX,
    83 YTM 200L For sale,
    82 Tri-Zinger 60 For sale,
    8? YTZ 80 Conversion,
    85 YT 125,
    89 Pro Hauler 230,
    05 YFZ 450,
    99 V-Star,

--
    Looks good! I use some stuff made by 3M, Marine Fiberglass cleaner and wax, it has a fine compound in it and has done wonders on everything I've used it on.
    1984 250r
    heap of 200x
    POS motorcraft?

Quote Originally Posted by JAGSFOLIFE
    THOSE F^@&ERS ARE DEATH TRAPS, BUT SO BAD @$$...
    Quote Originally Posted by yamaha gp
    trikes... DANGEROUS MOTHER F***S. BUDDY LOST HALF HIS SPLEEN AND A LIVER BECAUSE OF ONE OF THEN. HAHAH
    Quote Originally Posted by smackdab
    We decided those cute little 90 and 110 Honda 3 wheelers were what we all needed. Although our experience with those little SOB's is a story for another day, I will tell you that the Caro Community Hospital got new waiting room furniture due to those cute little devils.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //