//ArrowChat Code
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Aluminum 450r 3 wheeler.

83ATC185S is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    wow that thing is amazing!

--
    omg that thing looks awsome excellent job
    NO 3 WHEELERS CURRENTLY SOLD THEM ALL
    02 GSXR 240 kit STRECHED
    03 BANSHEE 421 CUB
    07 LTR 450
    08 RZR
    05 f7
    07 KLX 110
    670 ho skidoo powered banshee
    1985 nacs kx 80 race quad

--
    Well guys I beat on It today The only thing I need to change It my steering stops are set a little to tight (simple fix). Other than that, I LOVE IT. The fenders on this bike are back quite a bit farther than the 350x based bike. I can cradle myself right down on the footpeg so much better. I never realized how much the 350 fenders were In the way until today. I have no other complaints.

I rode It on a sweet oval, and jumped It some. I did stiffen the compression up on the front forks, but that was It. The rear shock Is simply awesome, thanks to Steve at Custom Axis. Here's a couple Dirty pic's

83 ATC 60-R Cr60 converted with Zinger parts.
    83 ATC 70.
    83 Tri zinger
    ATC 85-R Cr85 engine on shortened 86-R frame.
    ATC450AF
    86 310-R Drag racer
    440 snowmobile powered custom built.
    87 Cr 500 Converted to Drag racer

--
    That turned out great! Nice alum welding too. Why did you go with a custom tank? Did the stock CRF tank not fit with the new mods?
    4 Strokes are NOT the wave of the future!

--
    Very nice! Looks much improved with the forks in the proper orientation. Great job.
    1985 ATC 250R
    1985 CR500R
    2000 CR500R

--
    It turned out pretty damn sweet Jason. I agree with Karma, the forks look much better as leading axle-rather than trailing-axle, except now you need to route your front brakeline the proper way, in between the left forkleg & front wheel. Once again, awesome job!
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Man that thing looks awesome Jason. You got anymore pictures of the fab work you could post up? That gas tank looks really good from what I can see of it.

--
    The stock crf tank would never work because I wanted the seat height low. I tried everthing to be able to use It, but there was just no way. I like the look much better with the axle leading also, but the handling Is sooo much better since changing the rake and flipped the axle leading. Changing the rake at the steering head brought everything together nice. I would have had to make different mounts for the fork gaurds and rebuild my entire front brake mounting setup. The coolest thing was, I got my desired wheelbase and saved alot of fab time not having to change the brake & fork gaurds around. There Is no room to run the brake line between the front wheel & fork tube. I will be using a longer YZ450F front brake line like Derrick did on his bike, then I can route It better.

Here's a couple more pic's of the fab work.

83 ATC 70.
    83 Tri zinger
    ATC450AF
    86 310-R Drag racer

--
    Dooood! I want one! Ive been daydreaming of setting one up like that, but for Sand. congrats! looks great! HH

(100 posts in almost 4 years, anyone think im a postwhore yet??)
    Last edited by HondaHarry; 07-27-2008 at 04:14 PM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Hall View Post
    There Is no room to run the brake line between the front wheel & fork tube.
    That's too bad. I thought it looked a little bit tight in that area, but it was hard to tell for sure in your pics.
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Dude, I am astonished. That thing is so fricken sweet! What are some of the comments that you get from the guys with extra wheels and those with one missing? I find there are alot of people who don't understand why anybody would bother fixing an old trike, let alone build their own! I get alot of people pointing at me when I ride my Tecates, not many people see three wheelers riding around anymore. I can imagine how many people point at yours!
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Fabiodriven, I havn't really taken It any palce to ride as of yet. I did bring It to a friends oval track this weekend. A couple of his sprint car buddys said, they don't make them anymore do they. I said no they don't, but I do and giggled a little. They checked It out but didn't really show much Interest. Once I got out on the track and let Er RIP they saw the power the 450 made then showed alot more Interest. My buddy has a mini sprint with a cr250 engine In It. I asked If he would let me run his car for a few laps. He kinda looked at me funny. I said, I'll let you take my 450 for a ride. He said you can put that thing right back on your truck, and busted out laughing. He didn't want any part of riding the 3 wheeler I did run the mini sprint though, and was very Impressed with the power and handling.

83 ATC 70.
    83 Tri zinger
    ATC450AF
    86 310-R Drag racer

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Nice! I find it so amusing how people don't understand the whole trike thing. I couldn't picture riding any other way. It's gotta be all the "old wives tales" of "my buddy lost his leg on one of those things". Somebody always has to day it. Usually the next thing somebody says is "you're crazy ridin that thing!"
    Then I tell 'em to grow a set!
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    that is some awesome fabricating , and i would love to ride a trike like this
    05 trx 450r
    2004 kawasaki mojave
    use to own 84 and 85 honda 250r

crankem up hit the juice and throw some roost

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    So Jason, you did end up modifying the rake on the frame then afterall?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //