//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Team Harescrambles... BACK!!!

--
    1 1/2 hours should not be to bad.

i raced a couple GNCC nationals on REX my 400ex with 250r motor and finished 14 of 22 at Unadilla. they are 2 hours. was my 1st national in 10 years.

my trike and quad are a little on the rich side always so jetting should be cool.
    JASON LISKEY

1985 atc 250r ---- finsh line axle,.fmf exhaust and rictor privateer silencer, prm grab bar.
    2008 KTM 525xc quad ----- HMF exhaust, HRE chromoly stem,
    86 trx 250r --- with after market chromoly frame and everything else done to it
    01 400ex --- with 86 trx 250r motor
    87 250x + 93 300ex both 350x powered
    2 = 86 atc 350x's
    86 atc 250r
    83 atc 185s --- from retired guy not ridden since 87
    Bandito framed 110 with 85 motor and yellow us90 fenders + tank

--
    yah im running my fathers R Tim, itll be ready whenver. How about the feb race for sure then?
    oh
    I like the team name
    "Givr the beans!"
    RPFLU member and co-owner.
    Hardtails is all we do.
    #NOLINK
    #MAKEHARDTAILSGREATAGAIN
    #SUSPENDTHIS

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy200s View Post
    You think it would be worth running with an air cooled R and a 200x? not trying to win, just to run it for fun and for my buddy and I to say we raced trikes at least once in ohio. If its worth doing I would drive out there...
    Not only is it worth running, but you could easily win! I know of 2 times the OVERALL was won on 200X's. The fastest bike isn't always the winner. It's all about being durable and consistant. (Not getting stuck helps too )
    2007 YAMAHA YTZ450 went to a great home RIP Sam

--
    Hmmmm - maybe my Big Red would be more suited for this race then - Didn't really think of the mud factor.

Go Team "Bacon -N- Beans"!!!!!!!
    RIP - Yamahondaman!! You will never be forgotten!
    RIP - Sam Brehm!! Gone but NEVER forgotten!
    RIP - Sandpuppi101 - You will live on in my mind - I miss you friend!

--
    man... I wish this was closer, this sounds like fun! theres only 1 race down here that we can compete in like that, and its allready passed, I wanted to do the Iron man, but unless they would let me run around the course with out a machine, as I had none running at the time I couldnt compete. lol

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Derrick Adams View Post
    Not only is it worth running, but you could easily win! I know of 2 times the OVERALL was won on 200X's. The fastest bike isn't always the winner. It's all about being durable and consistant. (Not getting stuck helps too )
    Well in that case I'm definitly in, sounds like a lot of fun! This should be a nice thing to hold me over till trikefest 08, haha. I'll need more information as it gets closer but yeah I'm definlty in, looking forward to it!
    85 Tecate, 2002 Honda 300EX, 83 & 84 250R, a bunch of honda 4 strokes from 90 to 200cc, a klt 110, ytm 200, polaris 250 cyclone, '05 Roketa 125 (cheap chinese pitbike to beat on), '69 Scrambler 6x6, and a 52 John Deere B (hey its a rowcrop narrow front, that counts right? )
    Trike Fest 06 and 07 Survivor, hoping to make it to 2010

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Derrick Adams View Post
    Oh..... contray to that belief, I'm the big dog.

We will find accomodations for anyone that wants to come race. A couple things for you guys to think about...

This is an endurance race, so if you cant start your 450/500 in 20 degree temps, when your tired and the bike is hot, leave it at home! Stick to the basics on this one. 3/4 throttle and a nice stock R, Z or 200X/350X will get you very far. I have literally stalled my Z climbing a hill and was so tired I had to wait a few minutes to lift my leg to start it. This is NOT a race for Casper, or any other MX bike for that matter. Full airboxs are needed and expect mud in everything.

MUD PANSIES need not apply

Overheating can be an issue running this long and hard, so if your jetted for max power, FATTEN IT UP! (Right Jason )

Don't try IRONMAN unless your extremely conditioned.

See you guys there!

Go "Team Canadian Sasquatch"!!!
    Derrick, paint me a mental picture of this thing. Would you say its comparable to running last trikefests poker run in soupy mudd for an 1 1/2 hour straight or worse? Is it garantteed to be a muddy mess? can we ride the course before the official event to get the jist of it? I'm in no matter what I just picked up my vaction request approval!
    And that's the rest of the story. ~ Paul Harvey

"Yes its broken, but does that really surprise you?."
    "What happened? What does it look like happened?!?!"

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atctim View Post
    Hmmmm - maybe my Big Red would be more suited for this race then - Didn't really think of the mud factor.

Go Team "Bacon -N- Beans"!!!!!!!

Oh hell ya! I like the sound of this. Bacon n beans are here to roll out! bahaha

Still going to run fathers R with a few mods

See ya there Derrick
    Hardtails is all we do.
    #NOLINK
    #MAKEHARDTAILSGREATAGAIN
    #SUSPENDTHIS

--

Muddy Mess......

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Mielke View Post
    Derrick, paint me a mental picture of this thing. Would you say its comparable to running last trikefests poker run in soupy mudd for an 1 1/2 hour straight or worse? Is it garantteed to be a muddy mess? can we ride the course before the official event to get the jist of it? I'm in no matter what I just picked up my vaction request approval!
    Did you look at the pics in the link from my previous post? If not...check some of them out. Here is the link again. http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...ighlight=muddy

BTW, I think the weather was a bit colder one year (Feb Race) and the course was solid with little to no mud, but very slick.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedBump View Post
    Did you look at the pics in the link from my previous post? If not...check some of them out. Here is the link again. http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...ighlight=muddy

BTW, I think the weather was a bit colder one year (Feb Race) and the course was solid with little to no mud, but very slick.

Are you comming speedbump? You can run my 350x if you want. I'll take the 250r.
    And that's the rest of the story. ~ Paul Harvey

"Yes its broken, but does that really surprise you?."
    "What happened? What does it look like happened?!?!"

--
    Can someone tell me the name of the town where this race is located? I wanna mapquest it!
    RIP - Yamahondaman!! You will never be forgotten!
    RIP - Sam Brehm!! Gone but NEVER forgotten!
    RIP - Sandpuppi101 - You will live on in my mind - I miss you friend!

--
    I am up for the February 17th run. Just gotta call my buddy and make sure he gets the weekend off. We will run a 250ES / 350X combo. Sounds like a blast!

--
    Hey tim, its galion ohio
    Hardtails is all we do.
    #NOLINK
    #MAKEHARDTAILSGREATAGAIN
    #SUSPENDTHIS

Dusty is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    welp im in i just need a partner.....
    My Trikes
    1985 ATC 250r (MX Project)
    1985 ATC 70 (with pit bike motor)
    1983 ATC 110
    1984 225dx
    2005 SDG 110 Pit Bike

OTC Tride & True

Past Trikes
    1985 ATC 70
    1984 200s Almost Mint(stolen in 99)have pics of her..
    1983 YTM 200

--

Gonna try to make it...

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Mielke View Post
    Are you comming speedbump? You can run my 350x if you want. I'll take the 250r.
    That sounds greatt...we gonna team up? I'll have to be able to get the day off after it...too hard racing...then driving home 5+ hours and still gettin up at 3:30am for work.

As it stands...I want to go. If you can get that Monday off, we'll just hang there that night...roll in this way Monday. Orrrr we can head home after and you can just chill here and head home Monday. I'll give ya a call this weekend. Got lots going on with this garage addition....VERY close to being a real STRUCTURE!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //