--
    Killer Trikes 250rfan!! You do amazing work

WANTED FOR MY RACE TRIKE RESTO

NEW SHORT TRACK KIT

FRONT NUMBER PLATE

DECALS Needed
    Paul Turner Racing, Hondaline

--
    That sure is gonna be a nice group shot for dirtwheels.
    My Feedback 85 TECATE 500 08 Honda 450R

--
    OK, I haven't said chit until now...... And then you have the sack to post up 2 incredible replica 250R's that are just........ I am speechless. ATC's are what drive me, everything else is just "ok".

If I HAD any kind of money, I'd do my best to have a few superior trikes as you have. Instead, I just do the best I can and ride ALLOT!!

Your past builds are incredible and the latest build is just so nicely done that one single word cannot describe it.

Having friends that can plate parts or having access to a full machine and fabrication shop certainly make things a touch easier, but it's still the hands on fabrication and engineering that I appreciate the most.

Simply fantastic. It's great to see other people that share a love for these dangerous, banned and crazy threeewheelers. Only we can truly understand what it means to complete and ride something like this.

I'm sure the grand finale will include a video of this spectacular 250R uhmm 450R in action.

Excellent work my friend, you certainly have my respect.
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    OK OK enough is enough we are in need of some new pics. When are the tripples going to be done so we can see this thing rolling?

--
    Man, the pics of the frame with the motor in and the swinger on..well I got a chubby lol

Now I have a question for you, you lower the engine cradle 2 inches correct? How is this going to affect riding height? you also lower the shock mount what will that do as in height and travel?

250rfan is offline Sickest custom 450R ever. Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --

Hrc 450rr

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    OK, I haven't said chit until now...... And then you have the sack to post up 2 incredible replica 250R's that are just........ I am speechless. ATC's are what drive me, everything else is just "ok".

If I HAD any kind of money, I'd do my best to have a few superior trikes as you have. Instead, I just do the best I can and ride ALLOT!!

Your past builds are incredible and the latest build is just so nicely done that one single word cannot describe it.

Having friends that can plate parts or having access to a full machine and fabrication shop certainly make things a touch easier, but it's still the hands on fabrication and engineering that I appreciate the most.

Simply fantastic. It's great to see other people that share a love for these dangerous, banned and crazy threeewheelers. Only we can truly understand what it means to complete and ride something like this.

I'm sure the grand finale will include a video of this spectacular 250R uhmm 450R in action.

Excellent work my friend, you certainly have my respect.

DC - thank you very much for your compliments,

The collection of bikes i have now is more quality than quantity, i could have had a lot more bikes but the collection i have now is what i really want, and appreciate. The 85 Hondaline special is still work in progress, i still have a new set of front forks i picked up recently to fit, and i would like to find a new or take of swinger for it, then i'll be happy with it.

As for the 450, although i have access to a fab shop a lot of the pre welding and all of the fab work/alterations were done in my garage at home. I would like to say someone helped me but i managed on my own, it was very frustrating at times, but i had i picture in my head of the end result and i'm committed to turning it into reality. The machining of bushes/spacers ect, is about the only thing i have'nt done myself, fortunately i have a neighbour who has a machine shop in his garden, he does'nt work, so i pay him cash for the machining i need, he gets some , money and i get my machining done

Unlike many people, i dont have the opportunity to ride the bikes as much as i used to or want to, however i do enjoy BUILDING, LC Honda 250r's, and i try to build them to as high a standard as possible. Building these trikes is my hobby, i work away from home for 6-7 months of the year, so when am home i have all day and everyday to tinker in the garage. , i also like the satisfaction of taking an old used /corroded part and making it new again., and there's also the satisfaction of saving these "DEATH TRAPS" , it would probably be prudent at this point to say my engines are built buy a professional engine builder with many many years experience with the LC 250R motor, so i cannot take credit for his quality workmanship!( 86 engine).

As far as a video - we'll see

Thanks again anyway, glad you like the bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny's X View Post
    OK OK enough is enough we are in need of some new pics. When are the tripples going to be done so we can see this thing rolling?

, Just phoned the guy, they're just waiting on a slot then they'll get them started, i've to give him a phone end of next week , sorry to keep you waiting

Quote Originally Posted by Aka_am View Post
    Man, the pics of the frame with the motor in and the swinger on..well I got a chubby lol

Now I have a question for you, you lower the engine cradle 2 inches correct? How is this going to affect riding height? you also lower the shock mount what will that do as in height and travel?

Lowering the engine cradle does not affect ride height only ground clearance, lowering the shock mount has not affected travel as i have a Fox podium long travel shock installed.
    Last edited by 250rfan; 12-12-2007 at 11:28 AM.

1986 ATC 70
    1985 ATC 250R - Hondaline Special
    1985 ATC 250R - Flat Track 'Privateer'
    1985 ATC 250R - HRC 450RR.
    1986 ATC 250R - HRC Flat Track.
    1998 Honda Laegers TRX 250R (CT 350 PV) N/F cr500 link.
    1998 Honda Laegers TRX 250R (Sparks 330) N/F cr500 link.
    1999 Honda Laegers TRX 250R (Sparks 330) N/F cr500 link.
    2016 Yamaha Laeger's Banshee YFZ 350 (DRI 350) N/F cr500 link.

--
    250Rfan, I as well have been religiously following this thread but have yet to post until now. I don't have much to say other than, the project is coming along fantastic, and you do beautiful work! I know exactly what you mean when you say you've got an image in your mind of the finished product, and then you work hard to make the actual piece match your mind's image. I'm the same way when I get one of those crazy fabrication ideas. Keep up the awesome work & carry on my wayward friend. We anxiously await those completed tripleclamps!
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--
    so how much did this cost you?

--

Hrc 450rr

Quote Originally Posted by factoryX View Post
    so how much did this cost you?
    Check out page 8

1986 ATC 70

--
    Any progress?! im dying to see this thing finished!
    1986 200x- old school D.I.D wheels, Gold D.I.D X-Ring Chain, Rad MFG. Carrier, PRM Grab Bar, Pro Circuit T-4 custom, Maier plastics, 85x forks, 18x10.5x8 kenda klaw mxr's on itp steels, the money pit never ends

2004 YFZ450 - CP 12.5:1, cam mod , gibson nerfs, hmf pipe, protaper bars + risers, dg bumper/skids, holeshot gncc's on itps, cycra handguard and more stuff to come.

scrawny is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by super90 View Post
    Any progress?! im dying to see this thing finished!

ditto, i dont care if its the littlest thing..,.i wanna see more pix!!
    thanks for the sig

sponsorhouse.com profile: http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Member...er65/Home.aspx

--
    Ok this is my first post on this site and I have been here just reading posts and getting some info on things from other people. Once I saw the post of the 08 tri-z I was moved even being a die hard honda fan! Then I saw this guy building a ATC 450r. Some said it couldn't be done and he was just causing a headache for him self. I have read all 13 pages and I am very very impressed This machine is unbelievable an would sell my RC51 to buy one of these machines if they were in production. My hat is off to you for a job well done! I hope dirt wheels finds this thing and has a center fold of it! Def looking forward to the final pics but the step by step process is just as amazing. Again wonderful job man

--
    Ok do I need to get in a plain and kick this guy in his as* to get these tripples done

--

Hrc 450rr

Quote Originally Posted by johnny's X View Post
    Ok do I need to get in a plain and kick this guy in his as* to get these tripples done

Hahahahaha, , ye am getting a bit impatient myself,,,,,, , been doing a few bits 'n' pieces to the bike tho, spent most of today sanding down the plastics ready for base coat, all plastics have been sprayed - will be ready to collect tomorrow,

Spent most of saturday morning with the decal guy - got those sorted out!,

Posting some more pics tomorrow of the battery/air box - got that sorted,

Phoning the guy tomorrow about the TRIPLES ,, see if he's got them started, or hopefully finished,

It's - 2 degrees here in Scotland so dragging my ass out of bed and into the garage isn't very appealing at the moment.

I'll post some pics tomorrow tho Johnny,,,,,,

Cheers,

Gordon.

1986 ATC 70

staceyl200 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Bloody hell fire G I should have done those triples when I had the chance ,,I could have made them twice over by now lol!!!

Stacey
    05 TRX 450R HRC (Black)
    86 ATC 250R
    83 ATC 200X

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //