//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: w00t!! Getting a 92 Indy 500 EFI SKS!!!

--
    Thats cool about the shipping, it probably wont be much anyway. Definately got a deal, theres nobody out around here that parts those things out. As soon as you get a shipping price, LMK the total (price + shipping) and Ill get a check sent out.

Thanks!!!

-Nick
    1988 Chevy Silverado 5.9L Cummins : 1986 ATC250R : 2012 Polaris RZR 570 :

98% of Americans say 'OH $#!T!!' before going into a ditch on an icy road. The other 2% are Alaskans, and they say 'Here, hold my beer and watch this!!'

--
    OK update!!! I got the chaincase cleaned and about ready to install. I also went and got another key switch, they gave me wrong one. I also need to rivet the exhaust mount back in. But I gave the guy a call today who has the seat and tank cover and chaincase w/all the reverse stuff, and he said he'll take 100$ for the lot!!!!! I should have the motor and drive train part basicly ready to go by the time I get the new intake boot. Ill also have something to sit on also!!

Cowling is still a toss up, I know where a black one is to match this machine (actually came off one identical to this) for like ~200$, but Ill have to see what the budget looks like after I fix all the 'problems' with it I havent found yet. If I do get this cowling, Im gonna have it 'customized' by my friends neighbor.

-Nick

98% of Americans say 'OH $#!T!!' before going into a ditch on an icy road. The other 2% are Alaskans, and they say 'Here, hold my beer and watch this!!'

--
    ALMOST DONE!!! Most everything is on and ready to go, the seat, tank cover, and chaincase are on, and I got the intake boot, cables, hoses, wiring, nuts and bolts, and all other stuff on. Drilled the dash and straightened it out, reriveted a few things, etc. But enough typing, your all here for the pics!!

How it sits right now

Dash fixed and everything put on

Everything in there is done

All it needs now is fluids, primary clutch, kill switch, dimmer switch, battery, and cowling with all the stuff that attaches to it. And I need to get off my arse and finish fabbing up the guide for the pull rope. Its chrome even!

Between the last pics and the ones I just posted took not even a day to put it all on, I just had to wait a while for parts.

-Nick

--
    Well its been a while and Ive made LOTS of progress, its now running well and driving, so its just about finished.

Got the clutch (thanks to Red_RiderAK!!), hot grips on, secondary clutch is mounted, new belt, headlight switch, throttle block, rebuilt oil pump, new fuel lines, new top coolant gasket/spout/cap, pull start and guide has been fabbed, new carbides, reverse is in and chaincase cover is fixed, and im sure theres more but thats all I can remember right now.

It seemed to run alright, but it bogged when it started off and idled weird. After a few trips to the shop we determined it needed a new belt, which made worlds of difference, cleared up the idle problem and didnt bog anymore.

Next problem was that now it ran and drove great, it would randomly die just riding along for no reason. It would start right back up with one pull like nothing had happened, but I didnt want it to do this along some far off trail and not have it start. The problem went away when I put new fuel lines in, dont ask me where I got the idea or how it solved the problem, all I know is that its fixed and Im happy with that.

I know a guy that has a very nice cowling with gauges, light, windshield, all for 100$ Now I just need 100$ lol.

Ill try and post more pics tomorrow or the next day.

-Nick

--
    UPDATE WITH PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got the cowling and mounted it,, did some other small things,, also got a whole complete new suspension for 100$ because my old rails were cracked in 6 places on each side. But anyways...PICS!!!!! Also we got 18" of snow last night!!!!!!!!!!

SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now theres only one problem.....its been running fine and Ive taken it on 2 rides already...now I put the cowling on and I take it out for a ride,,,its seems a little slow but I figure its just stiff from not being used for a while,,, but I take it out in the swamp and it just DIES,, with no warning at all. So I try and start it and its not having it,, get starting fluid,, no difference. Ive been out there about 1/2 an hour,, and I said screw it and came back in a few hours, fired up, but took a lot of throttle and barely made it home. Tried again later that night,, moved 10 feet,,died and hasnt been able to start since. The batterys good, it has spark (its yellow though,,used to be bright blue), plugs are perfect color, and everything else seems to be working,, but it JUST WONT START!!!! Any ideas??????

-Nick

--
    Im not too knowledgable on the polaris sleds but the fact that you noticed a difference in the spark makes me think maybe theres some problems with your connections with the wiring at the headlight,speedometer and all that. Not knowing how these go together, if its possible to clean the connections out at all thats what I would try first. Good luck man, and nice looking sled!
    85 Tecate, 2002 Honda 300EX, 83 & 84 250R, a bunch of honda 4 strokes from 90 to 200cc, a klt 110, ytm 200, polaris 250 cyclone, '05 Roketa 125 (cheap chinese pitbike to beat on), '69 Scrambler 6x6, and a 52 John Deere B (hey its a rowcrop narrow front, that counts right? )
    Trike Fest 06 and 07 Survivor, hoping to make it to 2010

--
    Hmm, well one of my friends had a similar problem with his machine, and he tried new plugs and that did it for him, but with only 2 rides on these, Im not sure if thats the problem....I checked all my connections, theres really not much wiring, just the exciter coil --> CDI/coil --> sparkplugs. I tested the ohms on the exciter coil, its supposed to be 160 something, and it only reads like 146, but it was -20 out if that could make a diference. I havent tested the CDI/coil yet.

maybe theres some problems with your connections with the wiring at the headlight,speedometer and all that
    I thought this might be it too, but I had the headlight unplugged, the speedo is cable driven, BUT the tach is for a triple, if that could possibly make a difference, it still works but just shows a lower rpm. One thing I have noticed is that when I turn the machine on, the BRK light comes on and stays on, even when I unplug the connector from the caliper and even when the keys turned off. It will turn off after a while once the keys turned off though.

Anyone else have ideas...Ive about exhausted the manual and myself trying to think of things.....

-Nick

--
    OK another update!!! I got it running again, went out to mess with it again, checked the compression and thats fine, cleaned out the plugs (even tried new ones, no change in spark), so I sprayed a generous shot of starting fluid in each cylinder and BAM started right up, sounded great, jacked the rear end up and spun the track around a bit to make sure everything was working great, and it was. So I killed it and went in to get something to eat, and came back out to go for a test ride and its not running again, if I put starting fluid in, itll run for about 2 seconds and die like someone hit the kill switch. Im stumped again...any ideas???

-Nick

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //