//ArrowChat Code

Thread: hardtail dragger?

--

hardtail dragger?

i was just wondering if anyone here has seen a hardtail set up for drag raceing?

--
    I've seen hardtail trikes in sand drag racing. Also seen shocks removed and adjustable lowering bars in their place. In dirt, depending on the class, I've seen both too. Most of your aftermarket framed trikes that ran streetbikes, were hardtailed into the early 80's. After the appearance of the 250r, alot of that changed.

--
    Blog Entries
    Me and Freaksfix have them

--
    wanna give it a shot myself!
    2- 85 Tri-Z's black and Yellow
    2- 85 250SX's
    1- 85 200X
    3-ATC 70's
    2- 85 tri-zinger's who needs some parts

--
    so much for an original idea lol

thats okay cause i'm still interested in the idea. have you guys that have done this or planning to do it stretched the rear wheels back and or widened the axle or are you staying with stock frame? also if trike is stretch out like 2-4 inches will it still be good for ice riding or other types of riding or does this setup restrict to straight line runs? thanks i'm thinking of doing this with my 85 200m or my 84 200s what do ya think?

--
    A hardtail dragger is actually a common idea, you can find tons of pictures on the internet of stretched out 200's and stuff with RD400 motors and other stuff in them.
    I'm back in the USSR...

--
    Quote Originally Posted by bigred1 View Post
    where do you search?? i spent some time google key words like hard tail and variations of and most i got was mountain bikes or motorcycles i will try to focus searching on atv drag racing maybe that would be more direct?
    I remember there was a good site of a dude's "Glamis history", he had lots of pictures of all sorts of machines he owned and rode throughout the years (1970 to 90's I think).

There was an RZ350 powered ATC200 in there, all sorts of crazy stuff. Can't remember the site itself though.
    I'm back in the USSR...

--
    Airfoolers RULE!!!

--
    My old 110 ATC was a "Hard Tail" lol

--
    You see just about everything at the drags here.. I saw a big red with a older xr400 engine today, didnt do too bad either. But didnt really compete with the newer 400 quads.
    1986 200x- old school D.I.D wheels, Gold D.I.D X-Ring Chain, Rad MFG. Carrier, PRM Grab Bar, Pro Circuit T-4 custom, Maier plastics, 85x forks, 18x10.5x8 kenda klaw mxr's on itp steels, the money pit never ends

2004 YFZ450 - CP 12.5:1, cam mod , gibson nerfs, hmf pipe, protaper bars + risers, dg bumper/skids, holeshot gncc's on itps, cycra handguard and more stuff to come.

--
    I say put a cr125 motor in a hard tail and call it a day...That's more then enough hp for the frame and should be pretty fast.. you better hold on.

200th post. I'm moving up around here. lol

--
    is the only diff between a 200s and 200m frame the length? i checked with tape measure and thats all i find but want to make sure. if so i'm using the 200m frame with the 200s triple it should lower the front a couple inches and it looks like it might be set at a slightly steeper rake also i want to keep the 200m forks this should push out the front wheel as it is mounted to the front of the forks not behind. also does anyone know how manual shifting on a hardtail is? i'm thinking of using my 200x engine for this ride?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //