//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: '83 ATC 480R Starting The Fabrication

--
    Quote Originally Posted by protraxduner View Post
    Does the kickstarter clear the frame in either one of these conversions.
    On the '82, the kicker clears the frame fine by bending it alittle.

On the '83, Don't know. Haven't gotten that far yet. Just got the rear motor mounts done last night. Still working on the front mounts. I'll need to get the motor mounted in then I'll have a better idea. I need a steel kicker from a CR 450. Anybody have one?

--
    Keep me posted I am interested in the kit. Seems like the kickstarter is usually the hardest thing to make work unless you get lucky and it just happens to clear everything. Question maybe you or someone else on the board can answer. I am wanting to build a sleeper old school 250r with 480. I have a 84 roller and assume it will ride better than the 81-82 models, but really like the old school look of the 81-82. Does anyone know what kind of work it would involve putting 81-82tank/seat/plastic on a 83-84 model. thanks

--
    The tanks are totally different. The hold down bolts on the '82 is in from the side and the '83 is on the top of the down tube. The seat also mounts differently.

"Form over function" or "function over form". I guess if you like the look of the '82, a Works Performance shock on the rear and a rebuilt front forks with some new springs would go a long way on an '82.

The 480 conversion is easier on the '82 than the '83 but when I get done with the kits neither one should be that hard. I might have the pipe issue worked out on the '82. I just need to get everything back from the powder coater to verify. A pipe for the '83, not sure yet .

--
    Hows it commin? Any progress?
    Nate

The Myth, The MAN, The Legend
    R.I.P HRR

Quote Originally Posted by honda250sx View Post
    Fact: Dr. Death is Bob from Enzyte.

--
    I went to Vegas for a week over Thanksgiving and was swamped in the shop before I left. I got a new press brake and ironworker. Trying to get them in place and under power.

The '83 480R... I should have all of the mounts done by Friday. I'll have more photos to post of the progress on Thursday and Friday.

--
    Nate

The Myth, The MAN, The Legend
    R.I.P HRR

Quote Originally Posted by honda250sx View Post
    Fact: Dr. Death is Bob from Enzyte.

--
    what the???? NOBODY TOLD US A BROTHER WOULD BE IN TOWN!
    85 350X, 85 250R, 99 TRX 90, 05 Predator 90, 05 TRX 400ex, 2019 RZR4 XP100
    FEEDBACK for Vegas250rr

--
    I know I should have said something, but it being Thanksgiving and all I didn't want to take up anyones time when everyone already has a busy schedule. Just went there to get away for a couple days. Had the wife and kids

I'll be back for the Shot Show in 2 months

scrawny is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    cant wait to start to see it come together kewl bike!

250rfreak is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    hows it coming?

--
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbore View Post
    Thanks!

The frame is a metallic gray/silver powder coat. I wish I would have gone with the aluminum metallic instead... oh well. The headlights are 5" 55w stainless steel Pro Comp's. They were $50 each I think. The mounts were easy. PRM's skid plate's and grab bars are top rate!
    You don't have any issues running 110watts off your stator?
    I am asking because on my 200x 84' the original headlamp is 60watts. I wanted to step up to dual lights like you have, but I am worried about frying the stator, or rectifier.

Same thing with my 85R, that only came with 45watt bulbs. I am sure I will need more light than that. I like to run on the ice in the dark

--
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat View Post
    You don't have any issues running 110watts off your stator?
    I am asking because on my 200x 84' the original headlamp is 60watts. I wanted to step up to dual lights like you have, but I am worried about frying the stator, or rectifier.

Same thing with my 85R, that only came with 45watt bulbs. I am sure I will need more light than that. I like to run on the ice in the dark
    I got a 110 watt Ricky Stator and it runs both lights at the same time perfectly. One light is a wide beam and the other is a narrow beam. When their both on WOW!

I'll get some more done on the '83 480 swap, I've just been burried getting the shop put together and tring to get the pieces back so I can get the '82 done.

The shop is coming together nice. I have the CNC Bridgeport up and running, the press brake and the iron worker are under power. That'll be another thread....

--
    you should get the baja lights...

--
    Ive had the 83 480 engine for 2 years now trying to figure out the best way to do this. I had actually given up and was recently thinking of selling the engine and bike... Glad I didn't. You can totally count me in if you're still going to make a kit to sell. Until now, I hadn't gotten a lot a direction from people...

--
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xerkie View Post
    Ive had the 83 480 engine for 2 years now trying to figure out the best way to do this. I had actually given up and was recently thinking of selling the engine and bike... Glad I didn't. You can totally count me in if you're still going to make a kit to sell. Until now, I hadn't gotten a lot a direction from people...
    hey now ya got a reason to stick around! I would be intrested Too..and I think there's another who has plans for one..

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //