//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: pics of my cr500 conversion

--

pics of my cr500 conversion

got my 3 wheeler done FINALLY its been in progress for about 7 years now it will pizz me off and i wont touch it for a few years.. it has a +14 metaltech swingarm, uses the 87 cr500 frame 85 cr500 engine, 85 250r front forks, cr stem, RPM TT alluminum axle, 250r rear end. i tried to build it to look like it may have in the late 50's. i used a sweet 6 pack rack thats chrome and steel not alluminum. i like it a lot its ported and runs on alky. used 44 lectron carb. in a few months i will add a RKT head and SHEaRER pipe..

--
    try pics again
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cr500 done test 1 003.jpg  

--
    Pretty sweet 500. Built for drags and dunning I would assume?
    And that's the rest of the story. ~ Paul Harvey

"Yes its broken, but does that really surprise you?."
    "What happened? What does it look like happened?!?!"

--
    dude.....scary!!! I LIKE IT!!!! that tank is SICK!!! BBBIIIIEEENNNNBEEEEENNN!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Mrs.Mosh; 08-07-2008 at 10:38 PM.

--
    i didnt have the rear bar on it in that pic i'll take some of it now. i like it it smokes those stinkin 4 pokes!

--
    i ported it it actually ride really really good it turns like a long r would but on the runs it takes whoops GREAT its very stable and NO NO NO head shake at all. just squats and goes. sometimes it lifts the front a few feet but its not bad..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cr500 done test 1 001.jpg   cr500 done test 1 005.jpg  

--
    wish i could get the pics bigger..

--
    Blog Entries
    Maybe you will breath new life into billys 500?

that a desert tank for the CR right,, thats pretty cool

Hows it run with that pipe? have you tryed any others? got any times in 300'?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by camatv1 View Post
    wish i could get the pics bigger..
    click on them, and they come up bigger.

Looks sweet!!

but....I don't know, the slope of that narrow seat looks like you would need to keep a cooler of ice at the trailer for your nuts.
    1984 Yamaha YT 60 Tri Zinger(current project)
    1983 Yamaha YTM 200 (rear suspension kit)..... long term project
    2004 BMW R1150R
    1972 Honda CT 70
    2007 Lifan 110

--
    AHHH i see now ok.. i like that feature.. yep cr desert tank. cr rear seat i cut 2" out of the sub frame to drop the back of the seat down its actually very comfortable.. havent smooshed the ole jewels yet... i dont have to sit on the seat to take off.. i think it should do around 4.8's. at least 5.0 flat. its very light. with the new head it should be a lot better,. the ftz is a good pipe it works ok with the powerband the motor makes i have just recentely noticed i can launch it HARD at about 2200 rpm.. instead of revving the poo out of it just let the huge TQ of this motor work for me it dosent spin the tires just launchs thats when it lift the front harder..

--
    some of the motor the red is powdercoated translucent red. the alluminum is scratched up and looks like a bowling ball
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cr500 motor 007.jpg   cr500 motor 008.jpg   cr500 motor 009.jpg  

--
    Blog Entries
    I like the intake and decompression..

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Nice 500, seen it before at PS before. I go by HondaATC over there. I love the way you did up that cylinder, its awesome. Hows the power holding up on it?

--
    the decomp has been great i can start it very very easily now. it was better this way to tune for the alky also. the intake i had to make for the 44 lectron to fit. the power is ok i dont really have anythign to compare it to as far as another 500 but i at times tried to sell it in pieces and noone wanted it. then i just got really motivated after a few months of getting parts and got it done. i had originally put it together to just sell complete but now its been so much fun and reliable that i am thinking of keeping it for now. the swingarm powdercoat came out more purple than red so i am going to take it apart again and have the frame and swinger powdered again thinking of just a mirror black and red flake clear this time see how that woorks..

--
    thats one nice trike, the engine looks mint

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //