//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Looks to be the ultimate BIG RED.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 250sxwheeliepop View Post
    Why wouldnt it? There have been BRs before that hit the 5k mark
    Don't get me wrong, that is a nice trike. I meant that my uncle would sell his on ebay in a minute for that price, and his is just like that one with definetely less running time.

jasonb01 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Looks like another one that got sold under the table. Seems like there aren't too many nice bikes that actually end with the full auction time. That bike was climbing fast and high though. I think if it was mine I would have let that one run it's course. Must have been a crazy offer to end it. Anyone on here got it?
    1987 Honda 250ES Big Red
    1985 Honda 250sx
    1985 Honda ATC110

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonb01 View Post
    Looks like another one that got sold under the table. Seems like there aren't too many nice bikes that actually end with the full auction time. That bike was climbing fast and high though. I think if it was mine I would have let that one run it's course. Must have been a crazy offer to end it. Anyone on here got it?

Yes.. and I believe that people that do that should be thrown off ebay. both seller and the sneaky shits that make offers under the table.

Ebay is an AUCTION site.. unless the seller lists an item with a BIN.

what's this world coming too?

--
    Um Chris, if you got a crazy offer on something you put on ebay you would end the auction. I know it's easy to say, "no I wouldn't" but money talks and BS walks. That guy could have been offered like $10,000. I'm sorry but if I was offered something like that the auction would be off.

Now, in somewhat agreement with you, if he had intentions of selling for the right price, he should have put in the description that the auction could end because of local sale.

Otherwise I don't feel he did anything wrong.
    And that's the rest of the story. ~ Paul Harvey

"Yes its broken, but does that really surprise you?."
    "What happened? What does it look like happened?!?!"

--

it's OK to disagree Louis...

BUT.... All it does is wastes peoples time. Do a best offer auction if thats your intention. know what I mean jellybean? and its just not a good business practice IMO.

Now not that I was intrested in this auction or had a ton of money to do an "under the table" offer.. but it infuriates me to no end to have a few members here actually bragg about their "bad business" deals... not gonna make too many freinds around here doing that IMO. (not you louis btw...)

besides... i was really intrested in seeing what that auction ended at. perhaps I'm just jumping the gun a bit. there could of been many things that happened here. he ended it due to an error in the listing,, sold locally, changed his mind all together.. etc... but I'f I sell on ebay.. I let the auction run its coarse. and yes I have lost a few bucks before being the good guy. at least I sleep well at night! LMAO!!!
    Last edited by chris200x; 12-01-2007 at 06:45 PM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by chris200x View Post
    Yes.. and I believe that people that do that should be thrown off ebay. both seller and the sneaky shits that make offers under the table.

Ebay is an AUCTION site.. unless the seller lists an item with a BIN.

what's this world coming too?
    Yes, and then you get the douchebags who win the auction and don't pay. You have a real offer on the table take it !
    How do you think all these nice machines get bought? 100 % of my mint bike auctions end early to a collector. They don't like games ,and there is a limit as to what a used mint bike will go for, both the buyer and seller know it.
    Ebay is an art not a game!
    Last edited by whyzee; 12-01-2007 at 08:49 PM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by whyzee View Post
    Yes, and then you get the douchebags who win the auction and don't pay. You have a real offer on the table take it !
    ahhh,, they're coming out of the woodwork now! so lets get this straight... since your a so called "collector" that gives you special privladges to not follow ebay's rules? Is that how things work? Folks like this sicken me... as well as the ones that pray on the uneducated people. for example... trying to sell a 2 oz. bottle of honda touch up paint for $150.. stating in the the auction super rare and discontinued?!?!? when In fact a new bottle can be bought for about $7. Your agruement doesn't hold a grain of salt with me bud.

I'm finished now... thank you!
    Last edited by chris200x; 12-01-2007 at 09:08 PM.

--
    Hmmm....although I get VERY frustrated when I dont have a chance to bid I know people make offers all the time...when I am selling I get them all the time....I have ended auctions for buddies and once for a KILLER offer....and I slept very well that night....The way I see it we all know it happens...its survival of the fittest and aggressiveness gets usually wins the prize whether its an offer or a high bid at the end. Ebay is a tool or medium for advertisement...as a rule I think most sellers want to get the most money for their item. Personally If I am getting great offers I never end the item because if several people offered good $$ I know they will bid it at the end so unless its an unbelievable offer its actually stupid to end the item. Ebay auctions do have those options " item no longer available for sale" or seller ended auction to the highest bidder so its not REALLY under the table its a choice.
    Wikipedia "All Terrain Vehicle" Definition excerpt
    Other smaller or lesser known companies, such as Tiger ATV, Franks, and Cagiva, produced racing three wheelers, but in much smaller numbers. Few of these machines are known to exist today and are highly sought by collectors.

Check out my Tiger 3 wheeler Webpage..my quest for a TIGER MUSEUM started 2004 http://sites.google.com/site/tigerrotax/home

Rides: TIGER Factory line up, Tricky Dicks Cagiva 200, 4- Franks 3 and 4 Wheelers

--
    I apolgize for the rant... This is why I hate ebay!

--
    I apolgize for the rant... This is why I hate ebay!
    No apology necesssary

ebay cant live with it ......cant live without it
    Wikipedia "All Terrain Vehicle" Definition excerpt
    Other smaller or lesser known companies, such as Tiger ATV, Franks, and Cagiva, produced racing three wheelers, but in much smaller numbers. Few of these machines are known to exist today and are highly sought by collectors.

Check out my Tiger 3 wheeler Webpage..my quest for a TIGER MUSEUM started 2004 http://sites.google.com/site/tigerrotax/home

Rides: TIGER Factory line up, Tricky Dicks Cagiva 200, 4- Franks 3 and 4 Wheelers

--
    The only guys that hate eBaY are the ones that don't want to pay !

--
    Very well said Orange, Ebay is simply a worldwide advertiser that is in auction style format! If it was against Ebay rules to sell it before the auction ends, there would not be an "item no longer for sale" option! If you want something bad enough, make an offer to buy it! Don't wait around expecting to steal something, especially if it is a rare or sought after item! I have ended probably 40% of my auctions early and have not regret it one time. Once you have been burned a few times and lost a ton of money on listing fee's because of non-paying bidders, you have to do what is in your best intrest as the seller, and if it means selling your item early in a non auction format.. then so be it, no harm, no foul! The item is put there to do one thing for a seller.... SELL! There is no rule from ebay on doing it that way. Just my 2 cents...
    84 Tri Zinger 60
    84 ALT 125
    84 ATC 110 (blue)
    85 YZ 490
    85 ATC 125M
    85 CR 500
    85 Tri Z 250
    85 Quadracer 250
    86 Tri Z 250
    86 ATC 350X
    (2) 86 ATC 250R
    86 Tecate 250
    87 ATC 200X
    87 ATC 250SX
    (2) 87 Big Reds
    88 Quadracer 500
    01 CR 500 (new)
    04 KX 500 (new)
    06 Banshee SE (new)
    07 CR 125 (new)
    07 CR 250 (new)

--
    unfortunetly i have to make offers on items to sellers, BECAUSE I have lost to many to other people who did make an offer and the auction was ended and I was waiting to bid at the end. I do not like to do that but if you really want it make an offer, worst they can say is no.

1985 Tiger 250LC
    1985 Tiger 200LC

1985 ATC 350X
    1985 ATC 200x
    1973 ATC 70 (resto project)
    ATC 70 Full A+ Suspension Mini Tiger
    and many more!!!
    1991 District-6 Open 4 Wheel 4-Stroke Expert Hare Scramble Champ

Blue Line Graphics
    Custom and Reproduction Decals
    http://www.bluelinedecals.com/

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Teeksoffroad View Post
    The only guys that hate eBaY are the ones that don't want to pay !
    this really has nothing to do with it. it's wasting bidders time that i find troublesome.

If I remeber correctly when I joined ebay.. I DO remember reading not to accept private offers from people. More advice than a rule I rekon.. but folks seem to be making up there own rules anyways.

I've been trying my best to avoid ebay and do my business with folks here but it seems lately I've been getting burned as well.

Its just a bit frustrating for me so again I apologize.

--
    ahhh,, they're coming out of the woodwork now! so lets get this straight... since your a so called "collector" that gives you special privladges to not follow ebay's rules? Is that how things work? Folks like this sicken me... as well as the ones that pray on the uneducated people. for example... trying to sell a 2 oz. bottle of honda touch up paint for $150.. stating in the the auction super rare and discontinued?!?!? when In fact a new bottle can be bought for about $7. Your agruement doesn't hold a grain of salt with me bud.

I'm finished now... thank you!
    uh oh now its personal......
    just kidding. I have learned ALOT from you guys on this site, esp from the guy who bought my nos grab bar.

Chris, at the time my $150 bottle of paint was for sale, there was a buyer from overseas with oil money paying ridiculous prices for anything related to 250R'S. I was trying to get some of my $3.59 a gallon gas money back..

I love these bikes and I love it when I can pay my bills sellling them.

Trust me, get burned once on ebay for a big ticket item by having a deadbeat bidder, and I 'm happy ending my auctions early.
    And I'll be the one on the phone trying to buy the item the second I see it listed!

OK GETNOSTY..... How much did she go for???
    At least the ebay forum is not so boring anymore!
    Last edited by whyzee; 12-02-2007 at 07:14 AM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //