//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Anyone running E-85?

--
    It smells like grapes when you burn it.............
    My feedback: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-ATC-Eric

Survivor! TF: 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13 Sandpuppies: 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 16, 17, 18 Imperial Invasion 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

Everything Big Bore on FaceBook

--
    i ran it in a toyota pickup, and i dont know about mpg, but i could feel a huge difference when i passed someone on the road in power and torque, felt like i was in a rocket compared to the old fuel i ran in it, it will mess up certain lines and injectors because they are not made for the ethanol, it eats away some gaskets ive found out, and thats about it, on your average car though the computer will switch itself when it senses the fuel being ran because it does run totally different. ive thought about running it in my atvs, but am still unsure, i know its a lot higher octane, outs is 107 here, which is like 24 points above our 83 octane, i just dont know what all it would need to be raplaced just gasket maybe? but if anyone does it let me know

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 300rman View Post
    other than the octane factor, why run alcohol in a drag machine? if it has less OOMPH to it than gas, seems like a power decrease to me?
    I'm not totaly sure but,I think because of the higher octane you can run higher compression and that means more power right?

--
    a lot of import cars after 2004 have the ability to run alternative fuels..and do it quite well.

If I run two tanks of gas with at least 10% ethanol in my car...I do see a boost in power...as well as a boost in mileage. nothing major...merely a 1-2 mpg gain, and instead of the tires slipping slightly when it pops into second, they will bark. nothing more. I think the gain in mpgs is actually do to less strain on the engine as it's creating slightly more power. When you only have a 1.5...if I'm carrying groceries I notice a loss in juice. every little bit helps.

scrambler...one of those posts up their hit the nail on the head with why it's better.
    Feedback thread: http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...ad.php?t=78535

Patiently waiting..

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    This may be a little off the subject, and has nothing to do with ATV's. I've just started to look into converting my truck to run on water. That's right, water. There's a homemade setup that uses your vehicle's electrical system to extract the hydrogen that's in water and then your engine runs off the hydrogen. I haven't looked closely enough to give details, but I've been told it's very simple to do and yeilds AT LEAST a 35% increase in fuel mileage. Most vehicles do even better, some people report as much as a 235% (Yes, 235%) increase in fuel mileage. My buddy saw one of these cars run in person and was told everything to do the conversion is bought at the hardware store and cost about $300. I'm planning on doing this conversion soon and would definately urge others to look into this as well. Oh yeah, the only by-product of burning hydrogen is water.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    This may be a little off the subject, and has nothing to do with ATV's. I've just started to look into converting my truck to run on water. That's right, water. There's a homemade setup that uses your vehicle's electrical system to extract the hydrogen that's in water and then your engine runs off the hydrogen. I haven't looked closely enough to give details, but I've been told it's very simple to do and yeilds AT LEAST a 35% increase in fuel mileage. Most vehicles do even better, some people report as much as a 235% (Yes, 235%) increase in fuel mileage. My buddy saw one of these cars run in person and was told everything to do the conversion is bought at the hardware store and cost about $300. I'm planning on doing this conversion soon and would definately urge others to look into this as well. Oh yeah, the only by-product of burning hydrogen is water.

A friend is working on this project. I don't know all the details but you need a square wave converter. 36 volts will be better than 18, the best active ingredient to use in your solution is pure lye from your local farm store.

He has been running it on his ford pickup. The key is to leaning out the gas mixture as you are injecting hydrogen into the intake. Yes you will gain mpg but you will not "easily" be able to run in straight hydrogen from the converter.

It does work and you will need to know a little chemistry and a bit about electricity.
    YTM-200, Wheeling machine!!!

1985 Honda 200x...

...Just a simple mild 200x

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //