//ArrowChat Code

Thread: CR80 bike to trike conversion and DR175 2 stroke engine

HaggLE is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

CR80 bike to trike conversion and DR175 2 stroke engine

This is going to be a big project, we are fitting up a dt175 engine to a CR80 bike and big boreing it to 200cc! A 200 cr80 is going to be one thing but then we are going to make it a trike! Light, compact, comfortable and powerful, everything you want so dad is going to have this up and happening hopefully soon but it think this will be a long term project, the motor is ready and together but the cr is still a bike, we have to mount the engine, source wheels, axles, make the swing arm etc... The engine nearly fits in, the dt175 motor is fairly small and air cooled so shouldnt take too much work, will have to try and route the exhaust chamber somewhere... Lets say theirs a bit of work to do but i think its worth it.

Ill get some pics soon.
    Last edited by HaggLE; 01-01-2008 at 12:30 AM.

--
    i think keeping a cr80 motor would be a better idea...that make decent power and more parts for them.

HaggLE is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    1. dont have a cr80 engine
    2. I have a dt175 engine and there are plenty of parts for them, they are the same as a 200 blaster.

--
    pics as promised, as you can see the motor fits quite well and i made a typo in the title of this thread, its a DT175 not a DR175 engine.

Shouldnt take too much to get a 90 hub and axle in the back and then its just finding or making a front end.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2IMG_1196.JPG   2IMG_1197.JPG  

--
    nice...that sounds like a great idea>any progress on your trike?i would just use parts from small honda atcs:front clamps/axle swinger. keep updating pics man i would like to see what you have so far. i myself am doing something like this but i need to get my parts together first>gl with you build.
    85 250R
    85 ATC 70

300rman is offline My other user 3WW ID was Nitebiker07. Teaching quads a lesson
    --
    cool project!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //