//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Trike Fest Drag Classes & Rules

--
    Blog Entries

Trike Fest Drag Classes & Rules

Thanks for being patient Folk's as we are trying to make things better and better each year.. thanks to seadoo and dawn for getting the ball Rollin!!

Trike Fest 08 drag rules..

All Trikes will have to be pre registered to be entered in the drag racing event..
    The machine will be inspected by a Tec who will go over the machine and make sure it's placed in the proper class..
    The rider will be given a number at the time of inspection and will be placed on the bike...you will be responsible for knowing your number..
    The number will only be placed by a tec..
    Discrepancy's with class placement will be handled by the tec's and have the final say..
    Remember this is a fun event and is not worth fighting over..
    Pre registration will be a must..
    Youth ,Stock Class,Last Chance will be single eliminations
    Modified and open will be double elem..
    we will start with youth and go right into stock classes

***Starting System***
    Last year there was some discrepancy on how we started..So We have done away with the whole number plate (dropping,turning which way it was turned)
    We will now be using a Green light - Red light red is staging.. you will be pointed too to make sure you are ready..a simple nod of the helmet,,will tell us your ready.. when the red light turns green GO!!!! Finish line will be decided by 2 people on each side of the Finish line and a arm raise on that side of the track will tell the winner..and or a walkie talkie..maybe next year we will a full starting tree..

*** RED LIGHTS*** Red Lights will be counted as a LOSS.. obviously a 1/4,1/2 bike is a loss ..you will know it and the staging personnel will see it..staging person will be watching each start and its his or hers (Call) on the red light under 1/4 bike.. bests bet .. wait till it turns green..

***If final win cannot be decide by ether sides at the finish line a RE-RUN will be called...

***All final lane choices will determined by wins and losses.If tie a coin will be flipped..

1.Youth class
    2.stock class
    3. modified class
    4.open class

Rules.

1. Youth..
    A. trike or quad under 125cc
    B.must be 12yrs old or younger
    C. conversions or Hybrids OK
    D. machines will be paired as close as possible

2. Stock Class.
    STRUCTURE....
    1.49cc-174cc
    2.175cc-250cc
    3.251cc-351cc 4 stroke
    4.250cc 2 stroke

2 -Stock.
    -Trikes only
    -exhaust, must be ran in the way manufacture of your machine designed it.
    (aftermarket pipes are allowed if ran in this manor)( No out of frames)
    - frame must be to factory spec. (no frame mod's)
    - Engine must be the original, OEM equipped one. No aftermarket or different then originally equipped cylinders for 2 strokes or 4 strokes.
    Any internal engine modifications allowed. 2 strokes are allowed to run aftermarket/non OEM cylinder heads. 4 strokes are not.
    -No hybrids, conversions or engine swaps. Machine must be an original OEM three-wheeler.
    -swing arm's, can be stock length or up to +4" extended ( will be approved by a tec)
    - Gas, must be on pump gas (no more than 98 octane) Aftermarket carbs, clamp-on airfilters, etc all allowed.
    No race fuel or oxygenated fuels!
    - tires, stock or aftermarket... No studs!
    -No wheelie bars
    -aftermarket axle's OK
    -we will try to pair up same bikes in the first round,or close too. 250r v.s. tri z ,,200x v.s. 200x

3. Modified class.
    -OEM trikes only
    - any bike that has been modified Carb,bore,aftermarket cylinders,Big bores,long rods. NO engine swaps, or hybrids.
    -swing arms, can be any length.
    -wheelie bars, you can run a wheelie bar
    -NO ALKY or NITROUS
    -exhaust,pipe in or out of frame ok
    -Studs permitted,must be ice screws,No picks,bolt tires,ect,atv use only.
    -Basically created for the powervalved,big bore..300,310,330, stroker,ect.
    -If you don't think you have what it takes to run with the big dogs in the open class..this is for you.
    ********At tec's discretion, if your bike don't fit the requirements of the class, you may be bumped to the open class in the interest of fairness to other competitors

4.open class.
    - Trikes only
    -All motorcycle or alternately based/customized machines.
    -drag pipes or any custom. ok
    -hybrid,conversions..ok
    -swing arm, any length
    -wheelie bars,ok, please use best judgment on building these. any loose bars will be asked to
    tighten them up,before running. there for helping you not flip,not causing you to flip.
    -fuel, Any fuel,race gas,alcohol,Nitrous oxide, all ok
    -Tires,any tires
    -studs, ok must be for atv use, (Ice screws),no picks

5. Last chance qualifier!
    -modified and open class only
    - $5 to buy back in for one run , you lose your out
    -must loose twice and be out of your class to enter.
    -this will be run right before the 1st and 2nd place final run of the open class
    winner of this class will run the 2nd place person in the open finals.
    if the two top place in the open class has the same numbers of wins and losses, a
    coin will be tossed to determine who will run.
    Last edited by Bryan Raffa; 02-14-2008 at 11:54 PM.

--
    *****At tec's discretion, heavily modified machines may be bumped to the open class in the interest of fairness to other competitors

This is the only thing I dont like, if someone fits into a class and has spent a lot of money and time, I dont think it is fair to them to move em to the open. I know that Corey and Andrea will be back with their trikes and they will fit into this class, but just because they did well last year I would hate to see the techies move them to the open. This was just an example, not saying this would happen.

Thanks for allowing the billet heads in stock class....hehe......
    Billet heads for sale...Get your billet heads!!!! just jokin.. I am out of stock anyway

--
    Blog Entries
    they were in the top 5 in the open class last year..I would hope they would want to stay in that class..

--
    Quote Originally Posted by TRITecate350 View Post
    *****At tec's discretion, heavily modified machines may be bumped to the open class in the interest of fairness to other competitors

This is the only thing I dont like, if someone fits into a class and has spent a lot of money and time, I dont think it is fair to them to move em to the open. I know that Corey and Andrea will be back with their trikes and they will fit into this class, but just because they did well last year I would hate to see the techies move them to the open. This was just an example, not saying this would happen.

Thanks for allowing the billet heads in stock class....hehe......
    Billet heads for sale...Get your billet heads!!!! just jokin.. I am out of stock anyway
    Well, I can understand what you're saying Sprock but I tend to think the other way. If I was them with those freakin crazy 250rs I would feel kinda silly running with the commoners when we all know they can take down 500s and 490s.

It goes both ways. You know there will be people who will be offended for NOT being bumped. There's a key phrase in the rules that is garenteed to be overlooked by most everyone.

"Remember this is a fun event and is not worth fighting over.."

My oppinion, anyone who's gonna be a wet blanket over a Tec's decision can hang thier iron at the door and get on the spectators bench.
    And that's the rest of the story. ~ Paul Harvey

"Yes its broken, but does that really surprise you?."
    "What happened? What does it look like happened?!?!"

300rman is offline My other user 3WW ID was Nitebiker07. Teaching quads a lesson
    --
    whens the signup sheet?

--
    Is there the possibility that someone could run in the modified, AND open class on the same machine?

My reasoning behind this:

I am building a heavily modified racer that would fit in your modified class great I think. Speed wise what Im looking to pull from it, would possibilly keep up with the 490's-500's.

Im just not enthusied about the risk of being thrown into JUST the open class as you said that people will be bumped up if the tecs feel like it.

Just so you guys know my motivation, Im getting into this with the idea that I wont place. If you set your goals low, theres no way to be disapointed

SOOOOO. what Im looking to do is build my bike to the MODIFIED CLASS specs. It would really suck to pull up to TF, and be thrown into the open class because I built my bike to good when I dont feel I would place in the open class.

EDIT: Sorry guys, this post was a big jumble of 4 different points and ideas.

DONT get me wrong here, Im all about the fun of it. I just want to get this straight before I build a class specific bike. I want to know that when I build a bike to your specs for one class, that you wont bump me up (or down) just because my bikes a runner.

Last edited by ATC-Eric; 01-29-2008 at 05:55 PM.
    My feedback: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-ATC-Eric

Survivor! TF: 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13 Sandpuppies: 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 16, 17, 18 Imperial Invasion 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

Everything Big Bore on FaceBook

--
    Blog Entries
    I probably won't even be there but I would not allow street conversions even in the open class. They're a different animal. Single cylinder only or maybe off road motors only in case someone stuffs a banshee motor into a trike.

I say this because I don't think it's fair for you guys that spend so much time and money building real trikes to get lined up with a crotch rocket that somebody slapped a swingarm on it. Hell if it were up to me I wouldn't allow any bike conversions at all. Authentic trike chassis' only.

Just the opinion of an observer. Carry on.

--
    Guys I don't see the issue here. IF you CAN run with the big dogs then you WILL run with the big dogs. Whats so hard to understand about that?

If you want to build for the stock modified class, and don't want to be bumped to the open class then build with that in mind.

Basically your all saying, "I wanna make sure I can squash the the little dog, but don't make me face a big dog."

Well if thats what you want then thats what you should do, build a bike that will squash little bikes, but not hold a candle to the big dogs.

The tecs aren't going to be like, oh gee you're the fastest you should go to open.

The rules are merely saying that if your machine is OBVIOUSLY open class worthy then you'll go to the open class.

If you don't wanna go to open then learn to hold back and make everyone think its not that fast untill the last minute when you win.

--
    With the rules being posted this early, everyone has time to build their bikes according to the rules, which makes it fair for everyone. All we are asking for is fairness here.
    We want to know that when we spend $$$$ we will be placed in the class we have built our bikes for. I thought the "little dog" bikes was the general class, and if you are in the mod class, know this..... people are spending lots of time and money to race and win.
    Here's an example:
    I for one would feel horrible if you kicked a couple bikes out of my class that did a better job building their bikes and I won 1st place. To make things worse, the tech gets accused of being my friend and setting me up to win. What is the tech going to say to those he kicked out? I bumped you up to the open class to be slaughtered, you have a power valved big bore with a drag pipe...you are open class material! Then the "bumped person" says.... What about Corey, he has a big bore, drag pipe, and running race gas...... Why didn't you bump him?

I think we should keep the rules simple, you either fit into the class or not.

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    I think anything that has the true ability of running in the top 5 of the open class, should be in the open class, no matter what it is. If a 500+cc sabretooth 250R rolls up, it should go in the open class and not race against 265s-370s. Thats my opinion

--
    Quote Originally Posted by TRITecate350 View Post
    I think we should keep the rules simple, you either fit into the class or not.
    Well as far as I read thats exactly whats going to happen, if its deemed that your bike doesn't fit into the modified class then it gets bumped to the class it fits in. I know thats how everybody feels cause no one would want to have an unjust advantage.

As far as I can tell the purpose of having an open class was the fact that people who will now be in modified class were crying because they couldn't win against the open class bikes. Once again, no one will ever be happy. There will forever be someone who has something to say about it cause they don't like the way it is. It won't change.

There is nothing to say that you can't volunteer to go to the next class. That would solve the problem wouldn't it? And as an added bonus it might create an opportunity for someone to win would would have never imagined they could win.

--
    Ok, my last post was a jumbled mess, so let me spell this out simply, and RESPECTFULLY!

Louis I know where you are coming from, now hear where I am at.

Heres the modded class rules, the rules I will follow when building my bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Raffa View Post

3. Modified class.
    -OEM trikes only
    - any bike that has been modified Carb,bore,aftermarket cylinders,Big bores,long rods. NO engine swaps, or hybrids.
    My bike is a Tri-Z with a moddified Tri-Z 250 motor.

Modified Carb
    Modified Bore

So far I fit the requerments.

-swing arms, can be any length.
    I will have an extended swingarm

-wheelie bars, you can run a wheelie bar
    I will have a wheelie bar

-exhaust,pipe in or out of frame ok
    I will have an out of frame drag pipe

-Studs permitted,must be ice screws,No picks,bolt tires,ect,atv use only.
    Chances are I will not be running studs.

-Basically created for the powervalved,big bore..300,310,330, stroker,ect.
    -If you don't think you have what it takes to run with the big dogs in the open class..this is for you.

I don't think I have what it takes to run with the "big dawgs", Im not out to make a bike to destroy in the open class.

My issue is, if I dump 2-3 grand into a project aimed at the modified class, what stops the tecs from seeing my bike run, and saying "your going to be in the open?"

My issue is, what if I build a bike thats really fast for the modified class, but wouldnt stand a chance in the open? Wouldnt that just mean that I did a better job of building my bike then the next guy in my class?

This is for fun, but of course I am still pushing for the win. As stated before, Im not going to get my hopes up, Im just going to build a fast bike and run with it.

I think that if some lines were put into place, we could have an awesome modified class.

You got:

-Viper with a bigbore and pipe

-Cory and Andrea with their bigbores and pipes

-Me.

-Sprock if he gets off his butt and builds a bike for this season

-Jason Hall

-Kevin

and those are just the names that I remember from last year.

Im not arguing here gentlemen, I just want to make the rules CLEAR in my head before I build a class specific bike.

This IS for the fun of it in my eyes, I just dont want to be put in a class I dont belong because somebody saw me running it before the drags, and thinks its to fast.
    My feedback: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-ATC-Eric

Survivor! TF: 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13 Sandpuppies: 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 16, 17, 18 Imperial Invasion 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

Everything Big Bore on FaceBook

--
    Eric I don't think you have anything to worry about with your bike.

The bump to open is mainly for wild crazy performers. Cory and Andrea, who I believe beat up on everyone in open last year are a good example of bikes that might be asked to move to open. (I'm not making that call I'm not a tec, I'm just using them as an example)

There are also some people on your list who I would think will WANT to run in open. I think a lot of worries and concerns are being thrust onto some people who have nothing to even give a second thought to by a couple of individuals who are concerned with squeezing every little ounce of upper hand out of the rules that they can.

90% of our drag racers won't need to give this thread any second thought, then there's a 10% who are taking it a little too seriously and have something to say about rules that might not give them the upper hand.

Me personally, I'll be running in open just for the fact that my bike is 500ccs. In reality, I choke at the line every time so I could run in the stock class and still get my butt kicked.

Oh and few less spaces will neaten up your replies bud.

--
    People who will be asked to run in open already know they'll probably be asked to run in open before they even sign up.

There's a few of those individuals who would rather split hairs so they can win for sure. I'm not sure why, sounds like something I heard before about only racing bikes that you know you can beat for sure.

Not much fun in that anyway. lol

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    If your gonna perform well in the mod class but killed inthe open class, I doubt you'll get bumped. But if it looks like your gonna kill the mod class and and do very well against open class machines, don't count on being able to sand bag

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //