//ArrowChat Code

Thread: KTM 540 TECATE fender repair

--

KTM 540 TECATE fender repair

Finally getting around to repairing my tecate fender , cracked it at the dunes, spring 2007.I figured out a good way to fix broken plastic. My camera battery died so I will have more photos tomorrow. I cut a Stainless Steel strainer into strips about 5/8in wide. If you have a tig welder you can weld the edges ,keeps the strip from fraying and makes it stronger
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01003.JPG   DSC00999.JPG   DSC01001.JPG  
    Last edited by moose 53; 02-06-2008 at 02:38 PM.

--
    The plastic repair did not go as well as I wanted . The area of fender to be repaired was thinner then my test fender and the screen started to come through the top side . Needless to say I am disappointed. There has to be some way of repairing old fenders that makes them as strong as new.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01004.JPG   DSC01006.JPG  

--
    plastic welder... i think they sell some kind of fender repair welder thing a mo bob, do a search for plastic welding... good luck. thats a shame they were some nice oem style fenders to. thats why i went ahead and got me the junk maier low profiles to ride with and the oems are being put up.
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate - kx cylinder, kx ignition, bassani headpipe, answer silencer, v-force reeds, 38mm airstyker carb, +2 franks swinger, raptor rear shock.

1996 YSF240 Blaster - maxxed out!!!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "HOLY SH-T, what a ride!"

--
    If it was just a matter of welding the plastic together I could do that easy, but the oily plastic is never quit as strong after it is welded. The trick is making the repair as strong as original .

300rman is offline My other user 3WW ID was Nitebiker07. Teaching quads a lesson
    --
    ita some kinda tool that comes with plastic filler rod. it works great, and then you can sand and polish the repair, and you wont know it was ever broke.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //