//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Raffa's "ICE RACING"+sunday's pic's

--
    If you have them those days i'll be there. Finally someone made a ride when i have the entire weekend off
    Nate

The Myth, The MAN, The Legend
    R.I.P HRR

Quote Originally Posted by honda250sx View Post
    Fact: Dr. Death is Bob from Enzyte.

--
    I'm going to do my best to make it up there Sunday morning. It's my wife's b-day on Saturday so I'm stuck home for that day. I have a couple of small bits of advice for anyone who's planning on studding tires.

1. Do not just stud the rear tires, you will be completely unable to turn at all.

2. If you plan on riding on the ice you need some studs. Even a couple dozen really short ones (that won't even puncture) in each tire will be enough that you can cruise the lake enjoyably and SAFELY. Not being able to stop on the bare ice is dangerous when you have 5 other people around you that can.

3. When you stud a set of tires, fill them as high as you're comfortable with going (25-35psi), then put in the studs, then lower the air pressure. That will help hold the studs in.

Its possibly that there will be some snow on the rest of the lake besides the track and if that's the case then you can ride without studs but even then, studs are invaluable when you dig through the layer of snow and into the ice.

John
    1985 Eddie Sanders ATC330r
    1986 Monstecate
    1984 ATC70 (awaiting 125cc transplant)
    1984 ATC125M
    1986 GSXR 750 - Keepin' it old school!
    1999 Arctic Cat 500 4x4 plow machine
    1999 Arctic Cat Thundercat 1000 (lake lizard)
    1996 Arctic Cat Jag 440 L/C (ditch banger)

--

1000 Gold Studs on the way

Just ordered my studs. All I need now is some 18" Tires. I got my eye on some but they arent cheap. Im way over budget so I better get to ride or I will cry
    I always cut it close and this will be no different.
    A big thx to John for the info and help.
    84-85 Custom Tecate

1986 Honda 200X Daily Rider

2006 Suzuki King Quad

--
    wish i could make it out guys, but wont be able to. damn wish the lakes here would freeze enough. been getting 40 degree temps and rain though. lake george has no ice, sacandaga is frozen though. only got one weekend in on the ice and at that it was wet...
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate - kx cylinder, kx ignition, bassani headpipe, answer silencer, v-force reeds, 38mm airstyker carb, +2 franks swinger, raptor rear shock.

1996 YSF240 Blaster - maxxed out!!!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "HOLY SH-T, what a ride!"

--
    Big Freak has a plow on his Big Red for cleaning the track. Looks like we will be leaving early sat morn and leaving sat night, we both have to work sunday morn. Might be dringing a few guys on quads too..

--
    Blog Entries
    sounds good everyone

so far..
    -chris200x.. you will be fine with that loud SOB..I need a good camera guy!Call gazoo and Huffa!
    -wheeliepop..apperantly brapp has plans for you at motoramma..??? Grab chris and come up!
    johnR
    chrisD
    chevy200s
    Klondike1020
    Meatbox..Git R Done!
    thefox..you welcome..just show up..
    Big Freak..no need for the plow
    Freak..Git it Raggg..just for the day is Cool..

the ice has a water on it from the rain..but has switched to freezeing rain snow..and is freezeing allready

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Raffa View Post
    -wheeliepop..apperantly brapp has plans for you at motoramma..??? Grab chris and come up!
    maybe I should call him .
    Nate

R.I.P HRR

--
    Man it's gonna be close to 60 here the next few days. couple inches of rain so far... my driveway is like a mudbog!

Nate.. I'll throw ya some gas money for the trip up and back. Can you put up with me that long in a vehicle?

--
    do I stud up the drag bike too, ice drags??

--
    Quote Originally Posted by freaksfix View Post
    ATC90 with the heart of a beast? Yes Please!
    Nate

R.I.P HRR

--
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by freaksfix View Post
    If you want..wonder what that bad boy would do on flat ground.. Probably alot easer to hang on too than haspin.. just might go strait too...

--
    Quote Originally Posted by chris200x View Post
    Man it's gonna be close to 60 here the next few days. couple inches of rain so far... my driveway is like a mudbog!

Nate.. I'll throw ya some gas money for the trip up and back. Can you put up with me that long in a vehicle?
    Chris if you can get to josh's (i can help) all 4 of us will head up. lemme know
    Last edited by Tri-ZNate; 02-06-2008 at 10:45 PM.
    Nate

R.I.P HRR

--
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 250sxwheeliepop View Post
    I'm getting tires tomorrow for my truck so there really isnt any reason why i couldnt. well it isnt inspected (where's the little face whistling icon?)
    throw a 3ww sicker over the inspection..hopefully you will see the same statey met...

Guess Ill finnish up the 300R now....and git the ol farmboy going.....

--
    Hey raffa, should I bring a turkey or two? LMMFAO!!!!

Nate.. we'll keep in touch. This is not the coming weekend its the one after that? correct?

Maybe I can throw a few studs in those pro wedges I got. I gotta see tomorrow if that old 84r front rim will fit the front of my ride. Its about 50-60% thread so I dont mind putting holes in it.
    Last edited by chris200x; 02-06-2008 at 10:50 PM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by chris200x View Post
    Hey raffa, should I bring a turkey or two? LMMFAO!!!!

Nate.. we'll keep in touch. This is not the coming weekend its the one after that? correct?

Maybe I can throw a few studs in those pro wedges I got. I gotta see tomorrow if that old 84r front rim will fit the front of my ride. Its about 50-60% thread so I dont mind putting holes in it.
    Chris if you can get to josh's (i can help) all 4 of us will head up. lemme know
    Nate

R.I.P HRR

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //