//ArrowChat Code

Thread: TRX450R footpegs on 250R

MyMistress86R is offline HEY! I don't really like your attitude right now! Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --

TRX450R footpegs on 250R

Ok, I've got pics now and I will attempt to describe what I did to make it work. Keep in mind, my way is just that. There are multiple ways to do this, but this one made the most sense to me.

This can be done with your stock footpeg mounts (or another set if you don't want to destroy your only set).
    If you take a look at the mounting plate for your stock pegs, you will begin to see what I did by comparing them to the pics in the link. First, you need to disassemble the footpegs so you have only the mounting plate remaining. Now, remove (torch, grinder, whatever) the block that the peg pin mounts in to attach the footpegs. This should leave you with a flat plate of steel with 3 holes in it...2 round and 1 oblong. At this point, I filled in the oblong hole with my welder to give me a solid lower plate. As you can see in the pics, I then aligned the FRONT bolt hole of the plate with the REAR bolt hole of the new footpegs. This is easy enough to do right on the trike so you know the alignment is right. Now, I simply adjusted the pegs to make sure they were flat and level and then clamped the front of the footpeg to the plate. Then pull the entire assembly back off the bike and weld solidly together.

Voila! New TRX450R footpegs on your classic 250R. As you can see, only one bolt actually goes thru the footpeg AND the plate. The rear bolt only goes thru the plate. You might question if this is solid enough to hold up, but I can tell you they will if your welding is good. My first ride on them was at Wellsville the day after I fabbed and mounted them and they came thru with flying colors. There is also a very slight position change, but it's minor. A little higher and a little back is the sense I get, but not more than a quarter inch in either direction.

Please feel free to ask any other questions you might have about this project.

Link for pics...
    http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g3...sumerlin/mods/
    Last edited by MyMistress86R; 03-24-2009 at 09:34 AM.
    Official Wellsville soil tester! With pics and a $3000 medical bill to prove it...

1986 TRX250R
    ESR 310~trail ported w/ torque exhaust flange~36mm Keihin carb~v-Force3 reeds~Pro Circuit Exhaust~custom 16oz flywheel weight~2006 YFZ front shocks~adjustable rear dogbone~fully functional rear brake light~Durablue +4 axle

Former Ride 1986 ATC250R

--
    I'm diggin this for sure. Get those things blasted and painted and mounted on a bike! I wanna see how they compare to the old style setup!

I think it would be really cool if someone on the board would make some adapter plates so you don't need to destroy old 250r mounts. bolt the plates to the frame, then the pegs to the plates!

Definitely appriciate your effort. Also don't feel bad if you don't get comments right away. Sometimes people either don't have time at the moment or just don't know what to say.
    And that's the rest of the story. ~ Paul Harvey

"Yes its broken, but does that really surprise you?."
    "What happened? What does it look like happened?!?!"

--
    i'm actually curious as to what rods you're using
    Feedback thread: http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...ad.php?t=78535

Patiently waiting..

--
    so your eager to help??? it just so happens a came across this thread searching about welding. I've been wanting to be able to do my own welding and don't know anything about it maybe you could give some input ie type of welder basic techniques things i should keep in mind.... or maybe this is to broad of a ? for this thread? any input is appreciated

--
    You should post a topic in the open forum. I can tig and mig great! but no welder

Anyways so this mod only makes use of stock 450r footpegs? Becuase if not I don't understand..I'd like to put some beefier pegs on mine but not another stock set.

--
    well the 450R pegs are a whole lot beefier then the 250R pegs, also I noticed how you did them, they appear to be lower and forward of the original location, correct? I put mine lower and back from there original location, as I have large gorilla feet and im long legged as well, makes for a very comfortable ride, my racer is also done like this.

MyMistress86R is offline HEY! I don't really like your attitude right now! Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Goat ~ I just used standard 6012 rod at 110 on an old Lincoln 220 arc welder...lol.

Syko ~ They actually sit maybe a 1/4" high and 1/4" back from stock.
    Official Wellsville soil tester! With pics and a $3000 medical bill to prove it...

1986 TRX250R
    ESR 310~trail ported w/ torque exhaust flange~36mm Keihin carb~v-Force3 reeds~Pro Circuit Exhaust~custom 16oz flywheel weight~2006 YFZ front shocks~adjustable rear dogbone~fully functional rear brake light~Durablue +4 axle

Former Ride 1986 ATC250R

--
    awesome.

thanks for the info

--
    My pleasure...thanks for checking it out.

1986 TRX250R

Former Ride 1986 ATC250R

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //