//ArrowChat Code

Thread: '87 TRX200SX Fourtrax SX

Havoxx is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

'87 TRX200SX Fourtrax SX

Hey peeps, I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this particular quad, buddy will get me it for $200, says it needs new front wheel bearings, a battery, and a carb rebuild, I think it's a great deal, he says the plastics are busted up, but that's not too important .

Anyway, anyone have any info on this bike? Heh, If I decide to get it, will be next week and I'll post some pics before and after I tear it down(if need be!) ., same friend has 2-3 250SX trikes that need minor work as well .
    Last edited by Havoxx; 02-11-2008 at 09:18 PM.

--
    Sounds like a great deal to me. I have a friend who has one that has become the buddy bike for whoever wants to go riding but doesn't have something to ride. Very reliable, easy to ride, and very reliable,,,, oh its also reliable. Performance wise it's no sport quad but it holds its own. The biggest downside I have with it is the frame size; I am 6'3" and am a little cramped.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1984 Yamaha YT 60 Tri Zinger(current project)
    1983 Yamaha YTM 200 (rear suspension kit)..... long term project
    2004 BMW R1150R
    1972 Honda CT 70
    2007 Lifan 110

--
    I had one that got beat to death and back, recieved it smoking like 20 trains in the winter, rebuilt it flogged it like no tomorow and it still kept going, currently Im rebuilding one for a family member.

--
    Yea, I was actually looking on Ebay, the whole rebuild kit is only $150, with a new head, guess it's easier to fix something in high demand. And after looking at some pictures, I remember from when that buddy lived down here, it was white, so I'm thinking it might be an 87.

--
    So, I went to go check it out today, the back plastic is pretty messed up, but it's actually in one piece, it's fuzzy though, like I guess that's how plastic rots. the pullstarter is gone, but it was removed intentionally,shocks still work just fine, it turns fine, we haven't tried to turn it over, but I'm almost certain it will, the engine looks to be in good shape, not rusty or anything.

There is some rust on the A-Arms in the front, but my dad can pop it in the parts washer or bead machine at work and they'll be just about new, has some goodyear paddles on the back as well, with a high-torque sprocket, doesn't look to be in bad shape.

--
    Sounds good, are you going to get it then? The plastic deteriorated the same way on my friends trx, it has maier front and rear fenders in the picture I posted. His quad has been barn kept (at least since he bought it around 1990) and it still did that. Since it had been such a good quad and the fenders were riveted together numerous times it earned the new set of skin a couple of years ago.
    1984 Yamaha YT 60 Tri Zinger(current project)
    1983 Yamaha YTM 200 (rear suspension kit)..... long term project
    2004 BMW R1150R
    1972 Honda CT 70
    2007 Lifan 110

--
    Heh, yea I'm going to get it, I figure $35 for a new key if they don't find it, $15 for a rope, and ~$30 and $200 for the bike isn't too bad, the front tires might need replacing, or they might just be flat, can't be sure until I get it :P.

ATC350X 85 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    The carbs are tricky on them. The fuel screw and idle adjustment have to be just perfect or it will hang up in between shifts and bang into gear. The drum brakes suck on them especially when wet, but a very reliable quad that just keeps going.
    Justin
    04 Trx 450r
    85 Atc 350x
    86 Trx 200sx
    00 Xr 400R
    85 Atc 70
    98 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 xtra cab
    99 400ex, 97 xr400, 85 Atc 110, 86 Atc 200x, 85 Atc 350X, 87 Trx 250X, 86 Atc 250R (mint), 78 Atc 90 all sold

--
    Yea, the ones on my suzukis are piss easy, 2 screws, nothing to mess up , once I get it running though I'll ask for help if I need it, I hope I don't though :P.

--
    Kind of curious, what's the front wheel size on these? wanted to check out the prices :P.

--
    eight inch front wheel. 20-7-8 is the tire size. I have one those machines. Parents bought it brand new in 1986. It has went through my mom, dad, brother, freinds, its been stolen, caught on fire once, then me and dad and me some more. Hasnt been rode in a few years but when i parked it, it was still running fine. Cant kill the engines on them things i dont think
    -Will
    1985 Honda ATC 350X
    2003 Yamaha Banshee
    2003 Polaris Sportsman 500

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, Those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what the hell happend.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomax View Post
    eight inch front wheel. 20-7-8 is the tire size. I have one those machines. Parents bought it brand new in 1986. It has went through my mom, dad, brother, freinds, its been stolen, caught on fire once, then me and dad and me some more. Hasnt been rode in a few years but when i parked it, it was still running fine. Cant kill the engines on them things i dont think
    -Will
    Lol, thanks, poor thing was even on fire eh, that's bad lol.

Edit: going to pick it up on friday, buddy found the plastics and the seat for it, the front light glass is busted, I might "borrow" one off his other bikes . Could just ask for it, but that's no fun :-D, lol. He's like my brother, known him for 8 years and counting now, best friend I've ever had, closest thing to a brother too.
    Last edited by Havoxx; 02-11-2008 at 09:20 PM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //