//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 1962 lincoln continental....THE GREEN MILE....excessivly long build

250rfreak is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    can i go for a ride in it?!?!?
    famous words "is it wrong to wear my helmet sitting on the toilet and twisting the toilet paper roll like its a throttle while making engine noises?"

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 250rfreak View Post
    can i go for a ride in it?!?!?
    sure when its done! gunna fly all the way over here for a ride? theres alot of these out west man

--
    That's nice drawing.

250rfreak is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    no im going to ride my trike over there if i still got it!
    famous words "is it wrong to wear my helmet sitting on the toilet and twisting the toilet paper roll like its a throttle while making engine noises?"

phreakboy is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    That looks like a nice car and I am sure it has a nice future, a few years back we had one of those at the junkyard I worked at, It basically looked the same, suicide doors and all however it was a hardtop convertible. We tried selling it for awhile and then sadly ended up scrapping it. I hated to see it go to the scrapper but thats what the boss wanted.
    1971 ATC90
    1984 200s
    1983 Autox
    1985 200x
    198? Yamaha 125
    (2) 1985 250sx's

1974 Trail 70
    1991 Honda Cub90
    1974 Yamaha 125 Dirtbike
    1972 Kawasaki 175 Dirtbike
    (2) 1980 Chrysler Sno-Runner

(7) 85-87 Toyota Mr2s

(2) 1985 Dodge Ramchargers
    1968 Mustang
    1972 Beetle
    2004 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI

--
    picked her up today! put some knockoff wires on it so I could get it out of the dirt and load it up, while it was jacked up I got a good look of the underside, wich is very solid, no rust through, full exhuast still intack and no driveshaft wich is another thing im not worried about. Got it rolling and my freind came and helped me out (hes the REPO man) he used his snatch truck to pick it up and push it up onto my trailer with the greatest of ease, the next 2 1/2 hrs was spent trailering this beast back to the shop wich was only 70 miles away, but we had stupid torrential monsoon craazy storm today and it stuck with me all the way there, 45 mph tops....IKK! so here are some pics of today, more will follow durring teardown and work!

--
    hellz yea!!! now that's what I'm talking about bro I LIKE IT! Any switches in mind for them little wheels?

--
    oh those wheels I put on just to get the car rolling, I will put on whats left of the poor stockers next week, switches will be put on it, but no hopping, just adjustable level and a nice ride

--
    Man that is sweet. I will live thru you on the rebuild of this bad girl.
    1986 ATC 250r
    1985 ATC 250r
    1985 X2 ATC 70's
    1985 XL 80

If you have bought or sold with me please leave feedback.

--
    did some tear down this weekend, got the trunk off, wich is so fat rusted nothing about it is salvageable, found a bunch of interior trim in the trunk along with the headliner (it was soaked and rotted) a few misc parts and a few years of debri on the bottom. After cleaning out the trunk I let it dry out, there is only some minor rot where the spare tire sat and a few other spots, im happy with the outcome of the trunk interior compared to the lid. As for the interior, I say its a bit better, of course the old carpet was N-A-S-T-Y!! YUK! :smt011 after cleaning everything out I found only 2 rot spots in the passenger frnt floor and one little one in the driverside. I also removed the window trim to inspect the metal there, and to my luck found solid metal! so yay! OH and WAIT! found me a box of clorets most likely from near the year of the car! made my breath the fire!! :dpuke: im hoping this coming sunday I will be doing some metal masaging to it working out the obvious bad spots, or removing that Horrid 460 those retards thought would fit right in :evil: oh OH! and speaking of 460 and retards, they blasted a chunk out of the frame to clear the PS pump!!! :shock: so thats another area that I get to fix! bah!!!! any way, I still love my new aquisition and plan on making it tops!

--
    well I had a few extra mins to tinker with my toy today. got the rear parts pulled of and the trunk cleaned up along with the interior floor cleaned up. The extent of the rust damage isnt a worrie to me I plan to cut and patch all the rotted holes I find, then get some POR15 and put a good cover coat over everything in the trunk and in the interior floorboards, of course I will clean the under side and treat it as well. What I did find is at one time this car sufferd a right rear corner collision, wich pulled the bumper slightly out of alignment and someone cut and rewelded another quarter panal on off a white continental, the work is mediocre at best and I plan on cleaning it up and resealing all the welds as well.

more pics of progress

[img]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/1962%20lincoln%20continental/100_3565.jpg[/img

saleen_n_around is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I'll keep my eyes open up here for potential parts cars. I still need to call you so we can talk drivetrain. You know what I think would be badass in there for a drivetrain.....93-> Mark VIII 4.6 DOHC and AOD.....
    Ron Turransky
    1986 250R - Psycho Virgin....
    1985 250R - Venom....
    1984 250R- Resto
    1996 TRX200D - Workin' for a livin'
    Oh, and a Harley...

--
    that would be nice, but that obd111 is a pain in the ass to get working in some older cars, plus I got some old school excessories for the sb ford any way I would like to use, I may end up doing a TBI setup on it any way, that way I can run a oldschool air cleaner still.

saleen_n_around is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I've got a TBI setup from an 85 5.0 Auto car. Complete with the old 5.0 HO twin snorkel Air cleaner.....don't think I have the wiring harness and computer anymore thoug. BUT they do make carb manifolds for the 4.6L and even front mount distributors.....there's ways we can make it work......like H&R Block, I've got people!!!!
    Ron Turransky
    1986 250R - Psycho Virgin....
    1985 250R - Venom....
    1984 250R- Resto
    1996 TRX200D - Workin' for a livin'
    Oh, and a Harley...

--
    Did they cut up the trans tunnel too?
    Dont hate on the frame-cutter-uppers. I had to do that on my old v8 Ranger for the pass exhaust manifold. :P
    Doesnt look too bad bro.
    84 Honda 200ES Big Red

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //