//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 1962 lincoln continental....THE GREEN MILE....excessivly long build

--
    yea they cut out the trans tunnel, its ok to cut in some cases, but not if your a bunch of redneck retards like these guys were, they would have never gotten this to work. Im really thinking about taking a day next week and just bustin out all the body work and getting it into primer.

--
    Worked in a wrecking yard onec, they had an all originale 67 Lincon with the suicide doors. Told the boss I wanted it, and he crushed it complete. said it was worth more crushed. It ran, I would have given him 2-3 grand with out a` problem. Nice ride have fun.

--
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sykolincoln View Post
    yea they cut out the trans tunnel, its ok to cut in some cases, but not if your a bunch of redneck retards like these guys were, they would have never gotten this to work. Im really thinking about taking a day next week and just bustin out all the body work and getting it into primer.
    Well....did ya bust a move on that old led sled? your doing a frame off resto.. right?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Raffa View Post
    Well....did ya bust a move on that old led sled? your doing a frame off resto.. right?
    be hard to do a frame off.....since these cars are unibody! yea Ive been steadly working on it, allready sent off a bunch of parts to get pc'ed will have a bunch more, got me a trunk lid, got the hood in primer, ripped the doors off, took out some interior (well 90&#37 I will post pics later.

here is my photobucket album for my lincoln, its updated as I work on the car

http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...20continental/
    Last edited by SYKO; 03-09-2008 at 08:13 PM.

--
    Blog Entries
    cool ..looks like you got a pretty good jump at it.. that hood heavy? lol

I see ya got some trunk issues..they sell pans for that car ..or is that all you?

--
    you forgot raffa, he's a gorilla, prolly carried the hood across the place with one hand.
    Feedback thread: http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...ad.php?t=78535

Patiently waiting..

--
    nothing avail for these cars, all me. the rot is minor in the trunk to repair, I plan on patching the holes then POR15 coating the inside of the trunk and the underside as well, I plan on using alot of POR15 on this car, as I want it to last the rest of my life, however short it may end up. The hood is small and only about 30lbs, the trunk is a good 75 lbs though

--
    Your concept looks like this...well, kinda...minus the leggy chick...

--
    you can keep that leggy wraith...i'll take that big body though...good god that thing is the sex.

ignore the woman and the red tint...this car is gorgeous

http://www.automotiveblogger.net/wp-...5/brandee8.jpg
    Feedback thread: http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...ad.php?t=78535

Patiently waiting..

--
    im not into the suede paint on these cars, mine will be more long the lines of a 60's style custom, 2 tone with big metal flake and the white walls, the astros make it near a 70s custom, but they just plain out rule in the looks dept, I dont think I can convince my GF to take pics with the car, but im sure she'll get naked soon or later in the back seat....buahahhahaha!

phreakboy is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Was in a friends local boneyard and saw these so I figured I would snap some pics incase there was something you needed.

1971 ATC90
    1984 200s
    1983 Autox
    1985 200x
    198? Yamaha 125
    (2) 1985 250sx's

1974 Trail 70
    1991 Honda Cub90
    1974 Yamaha 125 Dirtbike
    1972 Kawasaki 175 Dirtbike
    (2) 1980 Chrysler Sno-Runner

(7) 85-87 Toyota Mr2s

(2) 1985 Dodge Ramchargers
    1968 Mustang
    1972 Beetle
    2004 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI

--
    [QUOTE=phreakboy;608797]Was in a friends local boneyard and saw these so I figured I would snap some pics incase there was something you needed.

get me some info on this one please! like all about it! thats a 1961, its the only one that was in the pics that I could use parts off of the rest are 65 and newer

I might be interested in the front rear bupers, and the whole grill assy if PA wasnt so far away I might say the whole drivetrain but thats a it much.

I know one thing I need! for sure! the ignition switch in the dash, and if there is a key for it even better! but O well if there isnt, plus the key cyl for the trunk as well if its there.

--
    youre asking for a ROAD TRIP
    1986 Tri-z
    1985 250r
    1985 200s
    1985 70[/SIZE]

--
    Quote Originally Posted by DeePa View Post
    youre asking for a ROAD TRIP

oh man I'm woody central after seing those pics!

but BUT! I ran up on a "pristein" 1962 continental the other day and Now im in contact with its owner, this thing is uber nice! perfect original. well see, im still working on my 62 though, about 1 more month of body work ahead on it still.

--
    Very nice looking car. I too love the BIG cars. I purchased a 1965 Oldsmobile back in January of '07. Its all original with just over 28000 miles and papers to prove it. Its the only year they came with the 425 Ultra High Compression big block. Heres some pics of it:

Now, i don't plan to bag or lower it like you do, but i plan to restore it completely...sooner or later. It runs like brand new and even (after sitting for 30 year with 1/4th tank of gas) the gas tank was rust free. There is about a 1/4" rust gap around the back window and some rust in the passenger quarter panel, but thats it.

-Phil

-sorry if i high jacked your thread-

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //