//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 1962 lincoln continental....THE GREEN MILE....excessivly long build

--

Cool 1962 lincoln continental....THE GREEN MILE....excessivly long build

today I found and baught my dream car! as my name implies I like lincolns, so much in fact that I have lincoln tattooed on me!

for the past 2 1/2 years I have passed by this car thinking man I wish I could afford that, knowing full well if the owner knows how much these cars are worth I wouldnt stand a chance...

well today I bit the bullet I was determined to find out! so I pulled in after aksing who I needed to talk to, I found the shop owner, I asked him (mind you I havnt even looked at the car up close yet) how much, I cringed, he answered, $300 and its yours! I about @&%*!! freaked!, I dug 300 dollars out my wallet and practicaly threw it at the man!

Went to go inspect my new aquisition and found a actually decent car, what appears to be a 1962 possibly a 61 havnt decifered the serial numbers yet. Some one started updating the drivetrain with a middle 70's 460/C6 combo, wich I wont keep in favor of the smaller easier to take care of 5.0 powerplan (not going for speed, this is a true lowrider!) the body is actually solid with solid floors, it has only minor rot, but It does need a trunk lid for it (anyone have one? lol) the interior, is there but bad, the carpet is dead as well..

this has made my day on SO many levels its absurd! I get a hardon just thinking about cruising in this car when finished! I plan on doing this car up right!!

it still sits at its spot untill next week when I can get my car trailer up there to pick it up.

if anyone knows of any parts to this car please tell me!!

thanx guys here are some photos!

Last edited by SYKO; 06-20-2010 at 09:38 PM.

--
    LOL DAAAAAMN. Suicide doors... 1 inch of ride height... awesome find!

South Georgia Customs posterboy car!
    I'm back in the USSR...

250rfreak is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    more paper towles please!!!
    famous words "is it wrong to wear my helmet sitting on the toilet and twisting the toilet paper roll like its a throttle while making engine noises?"

--
    Damn your trunk lid IS shot! but i would have to say i have not seen ANY of them around up this way and the ones i DID were almost rotted to the ground. I'm sure a grinder, a welder, sheermetal, and alot of patients i think you could fix (used lightly) that poor lid and still have a half way original lid!
    ATC500AF

--
    man those things sure do make great derby cars!!!! edit!!! i just read you got it for 300 bucks WOW your so lucky a derby guy didnt get it thats way cheap! you could get more than that outta for scrap!!

edog is offline I'm like an Original Gangsta...but a post whore instead. The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Okay....we got a dead pig.......what do we do now????????

gut it.

sweet car...true lowrider 4 shure!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Xowner View Post
    man those things sure do make great derby cars!!!!
    are you serious! do you actually know what these cars are worth?? look on ebay right now man! some are 50,000+! and you want to take it to a derby, be glad your not anywhere near me, Id fight you in a heartbeat if I saw you say that!

its deffinity a project but nothing worse than some of my customers projects I have done and previous project I have done for myself.

it wil be layed out when done on some sweet silvertown radials (gangster walls)

here is a pic of one on ebay done up

--
    I want them pedals.

--
    syko, when I was 16 I begged my mom to let me sell my car to pick up one of those...it was all original, except the interior, which had been replaced with white leather...every part of it. black paint, white leather...damn.

like 60 thousand original miles or so...the kicker was it was for 5 grand.

what you have there is a damned good start on one of my dream cars. amazing find man.
    Feedback thread: http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...ad.php?t=78535

Patiently waiting..

edog is offline I'm like an Original Gangsta...but a post whore instead. The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by sykolincoln View Post
    are you serious! do you actually know what these cars are worth?? look on ebay right now man! some are 50,000+! and you want to take it to a derby, be glad your not anywhere near me, Id fight you in a heartbeat if I saw you say that!

its deffinity a project but nothing worse than some of my customers projects I have done and previous project I have done for myself.

it wil be layed out when done on some sweet silvertown radials (gangster walls)

here is a pic of one on ebay done up

That car is off the hooook boyyyy!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by sykolincoln View Post
    Man oh man...
    I'm back in the USSR...

saleen_n_around is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    My Dad sold his 1960 MkV 4 Dr with 66K miles, all original, all mint, been parked for 12 years. Black inside and out. Here is the bad part, he sold it for 5K. It needed paint, but just paint no body work....

Looked just like this.....

Ron Turransky
    1986 250R - Psycho Virgin....
    1985 250R - Venom....
    1984 250R- Resto
    1996 TRX200D - Workin' for a livin'
    Oh, and a Harley...

--
    hate hearing stories like that salleen....brings an ol' tear to the eye.... hopefully it found a good new home and its cruisin away still. I plan on keeping this one forever, one day many many years down the line when one of my kids asks "dad can I have your lincoln" I will say "you'll have to dig it out of the ground after I die! cuz my dead ass will still be in it!" "NO YOU CANT HAVE IT!" lmfao!

250rfreak is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    nice.........
    famous words "is it wrong to wear my helmet sitting on the toilet and twisting the toilet paper roll like its a throttle while making engine noises?"

--
    you tube vid od some conit's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5TpqeOPQno

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //