//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Wow!!!!!!!!!!

--
    I agree riding any one of these is a decision Forest Gump may make. They were made in the day to be ridden but that was yesterday.... there are plenty of sweet ones out there to ride...Way to many reasons not to ride them...Preservation, history, to show, for a private collector to enjoy "privately" and reminensce Who cares if someone buys one to stare at in there living room...what works to make each person happy is different.
    Wikipedia "All Terrain Vehicle" Definition excerpt
    Other smaller or lesser known companies, such as Tiger ATV, Franks, and Cagiva, produced racing three wheelers, but in much smaller numbers. Few of these machines are known to exist today and are highly sought by collectors.

Check out my Tiger 3 wheeler Webpage..my quest for a TIGER MUSEUM started 2004 http://sites.google.com/site/tigerrotax/home

Rides: TIGER Factory line up, Tricky Dicks Cagiva 200, 4- Franks 3 and 4 Wheelers

jasonb01 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Sorry to piss everyone off by saying I would actually ride one if I had the money to buy them. But what's the difference? If I have "x" amount of dollars and you have "x" amount of dollars and we bought a certain machine. I ride mine, not destroy it, but ride it. You buy yours and stash it in the basement for you to enjoy and every now and then a friend of your's can see it if he's lucky. Both of them technically can't be enjoyed by anyone else until, I sell it, or you die and someone finds it in your basement. I have nothing wrong with stashing bikes in the basement, hell set in on fire if you so desire, it all balls down to it's your money and you can do whatever you want with it. Me personally, I could not have a bike that I never put gas in.

And I'm not a retard for saying that I would let my son ride it. I just have a different opinion than some, and on the same note, some have the same opinion as me.
    1987 Honda 250ES Big Red
    1985 Honda 250sx
    1985 Honda ATC110

--
    and jason...you can't have basements here...don't forget that.
    Feedback thread: http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...ad.php?t=78535

Patiently waiting..

stoney420 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    not to hijack thread, but u cant have basements in LA? whats the reason behind that, if there is one?

--
    because if you take a shovel...and dig 3 ft or so down, you'll hit water...and plenty of it.

i dug a post hole the other day and hit water at two feet...at three feet it started gushing and basically filled the entire hole.

you can have a basement...but it will flood...a lot.

Patiently waiting..

edog is offline I'm like an Original Gangsta...but a post whore instead. The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Just a guess how much do you guy's think they will bring?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonb01 View Post
    Sorry to piss everyone off by saying I would actually ride one if I had the money to buy them. But what's the difference? If I have "x" amount of dollars and you have "x" amount of dollars and we bought a certain machine. I ride mine, not destroy it, but ride it. You buy yours and stash it in the basement for you to enjoy and every now and then a friend of your's can see it if he's lucky. Both of them technically can't be enjoyed by anyone else until, I sell it, or you die and someone finds it in your basement. I have nothing wrong with stashing bikes in the basement, hell set in on fire if you so desire, it all balls down to it's your money and you can do whatever you want with it. Me personally, I could not have a bike that I never put gas in.

And I'm not a retard for saying that I would let my son ride it. I just have a different opinion than some, and on the same note, some have the same opinion as me.
    Not to flog this to death. Certainly the owner of an inanimate object (trike/bike/whatever) may do with it as they please. But if you decide to spend far more (10x plus) than the market value of an everyday rider surely you would have the common sense not to destroy it's value buy riding it. Unless you make an enormous amount of money or didn't work for your money. (inheritance/lottery/etc). Rich people get rich and stay that way by NOT throwing it away. Should you find one like this I'm sure you would rather have 10 riders or one and a pile of cash to do with as you please rather than than destroy something of value.

--
    21 edog...that's what i'm guessing

Patiently waiting..

--
    Quote Originally Posted by edog View Post
    Just a guess how much do you guy's think they will bring?
    I will be surprised if they even make the reserve! That took some balls to buy them for $7500 a piece...wow...very risky, yet one of a kind. Gonna be a fun one to watch. GetNosty is on a tear this year in finding nice bikes, cant wait till he gets his hands on a 85 or 86 250R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 1oilguy View Post
    Not to flog this to death. Certainly the owner of an inanimate object (trike/bike/whatever) may do with it as they please. But if you decide to spend far more (10x plus) than the market value of an everyday rider surely you would have the common sense not to destroy it's value buy riding it. .
    warning, If you dont like reading skip my post haha

Good points and I also dont want to beat a dead horse, but I still think that he who has the cash to buy it is free to decide how to use it. Think about it like this, if you had a bike just like that as a kid, the chrome one and everything and you want to find that same bike for you or your kid to ride. Not only that but you want one that is as good as new and will behave just like the one you had, that $13000 or so for 2 of them might not seem so crazy. look at the guys dropping huge $$$ on the 450 conversions, to have a bike that is completely brand new and exactly what you want is worth a lot.

I'll let it go its clear that I just dont have the popular view on this thats cool, I just think of when I go to an old tractor show, you see some machines there unrestored in mint shape that look like their out of a time capsule, some over 80 years old. Talk about having trouble finding discontinued parts, think about when the company has been gone for 60 years, its impossible. Add that some of these have values in the 6 digit range, and still you hear em run and drive off the trailer. Theres nothing like watching those machines going through a field or pulling a wagon, its almost like going back in time to seeing how it used to be.

For me, I was born in 85 so to see a machine like these bikes or a 72 honda ATC 90 in mint shape being ridden carefully is the coolest thing because I dont have those memories of watching it, and it sucks when 90% or the few still around are stuck under glass cases. then again I guess that does keep em around longer for future generations to see what they looked like. Oh well just an opinion, and I bet they will bring about $19,000.
    Last edited by Chevy200s; 02-21-2008 at 11:06 PM.
    85 Tecate, 2002 Honda 300EX, 83 & 84 250R, a bunch of honda 4 strokes from 90 to 200cc, a klt 110, ytm 200, polaris 250 cyclone, '05 Roketa 125 (cheap chinese pitbike to beat on), '69 Scrambler 6x6, and a 52 John Deere B (hey its a rowcrop narrow front, that counts right? )
    Trike Fest 06 and 07 Survivor, hoping to make it to 2010

saleen_n_around is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

Ebay find....HOLY SHOEBOXES Batman!!!

Since I have a Z50A, I always check on that stuff on ebay, but here is an OMG!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/honda...em310024645789

And just so it's trike related.....check out the 350X that the dude has also....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1986-...QQcmdZViewItem
    Ron Turransky
    1986 250R - Psycho Virgin....
    1985 250R - Venom....
    1984 250R- Resto
    1996 TRX200D - Workin' for a livin'
    Oh, and a Harley...

Havoxx is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Jesus christ, who in their right mind would pay $13,000 for a little old bike lol.

Ryan. is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    i almost crapped my pants when i saw the 350x...

saleen_n_around is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    That would be a LITTLE NEW BIKE!!!!!
    Ron Turransky
    1986 250R - Psycho Virgin....
    1985 250R - Venom....
    1984 250R- Resto
    1996 TRX200D - Workin' for a livin'
    Oh, and a Harley...

Havoxx is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by saleen_n_around View Post
    That would be a LITTLE NEW BIKE!!!!!