//ArrowChat Code

View Poll Results: Which option would you purchase for your tri-z?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heavy Duty/sight glass/quick change cover (~$150-200)

22 73.33%
  • Heavy Duty with sight glass (~$100-150)

7 23.33%
  • I am not interested in a better clutch cover

1 3.33%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Tri-z clutch covers

--

New Tri-z clutch covers

Lots of people say the clutch covers are weak on the tri-z and have problems with them cracking. I have also been told if they are kept tight they dont give much trouble. I would like to know how many people would pre-order for new clutch covers. I would need about 25 people who would pre-order $50 for new heavy duty clutch covers. These covers would either be beefed up with a sight glass, or have a sight glass and a quick change cover. They would be casted with a better alloy than the stock, and thicker in the area where they are prone to crack.

Please vote in the poll, and if you have any questions reply to the thread.

--
    I'd pre-order one but it would have to have the quick change cover. Don't really care about the sight glass.
    And that's the rest of the story. ~ Paul Harvey

"Yes its broken, but does that really surprise you?."
    "What happened? What does it look like happened?!?!"

--
    Sight glass, quick change cover, no doubt about it. I'd buy one possibly two. Tax money hard at work baby. Corey you da man!

--
    Whats a quick change cover?
    1984 Yamaha YT 60 Tri Zinger(current project)
    1983 Yamaha YTM 200 (rear suspension kit)..... long term project
    2004 BMW R1150R
    1972 Honda CT 70
    2007 Lifan 110

--
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thefox View Post
    Whats a quick change cover?
    so you don't have to take the cover off ,, to adjust,change plates..possibly not have too drop the oil to work on the clutch... would be Sweet ..Stronger a must..the window is not necessary but would be nice to check on the fly with no tools! and would be a nice added touch..

--
    i would be interested possibly. seems like a fair price. any pics of bikes with a window on them? that would be pretty cool.

--
    This is what the quick change cover looks like. You would have a cover directly over the clutch where you can take it off and change the clutch basket if you wanted, without draining the oil, or the coolant and taking off the brake lever, footpeg, and replacing the gasket etc. The cover would be oring sealed.
    Here is a pic of a ktm cover which has the sight glass directly behind the clutch area.

MOTOMAX27 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Put me down!!! You know you can count on me!!!

--
    START THE PRE ORDER SPROCK! Come on guys you know the quality of stuff this guy builds... Its no joke. Top notch!

--
    Very cool...I would be in for one. I am planning on assembling this Tri-Z one of these years. I dont think the sight glass is a necessity but would be an alright feature.

--
    The sight glass would maybe cost me $7 per unit, I also think more people will check their oil if all they have to do is look at the cover, also when adding oil you will be able to gauge the oil level without using the oil screw or a dipstick etc. And with a beefier cover, it should resist cracking. Yamaha is gonna run out of clutch covers some day and when they do.....look out!, we are talking 200-300 for a used on on ebay. Most Triz owners I have talked with have bought new clutch covers and are worried about them cracking in the future.

--
    For everyone who is looking at this offer saying: "Thats a lot of money."

Think about not having to worry about clutch covers crackin on you. Think about having the possibility of only having to buy ONE of these, that could last you the life of your Z.

You know where I stand Corey. Ive been waiting for someone to take this project on for a while!

My feedback: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-ATC-Eric

Survivor! TF: 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13 Sandpuppies: 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 16, 17, 18 Imperial Invasion 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

Everything Big Bore on FaceBook

--
    I'm in for one or two!!!

--
    I think I will start the preorders here in a couple days, I need to get the shopping cart set up. I have been talking with the caster for a while now, and hoping they will be as quick and of good quality as they say they are. I will not know how much the retail is until they get done with the programing etc. I will make sure all pre-orders will save money and be guaranteed a product. Right now the caster says about 4 months, and I am saying it should be done in 6 months. Course, it could be a year, dont be suprised Pre-orders will be $50 and the rest (100-150) will be due when they are ready to ship. The quick change will be anodized in red, blue, and black.... and probably have Sprock Racing machined on it. I am wanting to get these covers to ya cheaper than what is quoted but be prepared to pay a maximum of $200 if needed.....
    Last edited by Mrs.Mosh; 02-21-2008 at 01:53 PM.

--
    Ready to pay when your ready to start sprock! RED PLEASE

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //